• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] NUKE OS

I still don't understand this, I carry a Z Nuke and it's definitely not flippy. With almost a flat release it will turn at 450'+ power, but it's not turning and burning, just a slow turn. Does 400' hyzers without a problem.

They keep making these super fast overstable discs for people that can't control their spin vs velocity ratio. The best wind player I've seen was at collegiate nationals, a guy from Kansas. If you were watching the live footage, you'd know how bad it was (35+ with gusts over 40). He was throwing buzzzes all day long in that, while most were reaching for gators, drones, firebirds etc.

/end hate on superfast OS discs

You could have just got a good z nuke. I know countless people who think esp nukes are super flippy. and in my own experience z nukes are way more flippy than esp for me. wind or no wind. too much spin and see yah later

I'm sure torque monkeys will love these, but they will probably be useful in the hands of skilled players too. While I understand that Discraft probably wants some of the success from the Nuke to drive sales of the Nuke OS, I'm not a fan of the name.

You could have just got a good z nuke. I know countless people who think esp nukes are super flippy. and in my own experience z nukes are way more flippy than esp for me. wind or no wind. too much spin and see yah later

more spin = less flip, more speed = more flip. And vice versa.

I've thrown quite a few Z Nukes, and 2-3 ESP ones. The first run esp memorial one that I threw was the flippiest. It also looked like it'd been ran over by a semi half a dozen times. I just don't like the feel of the ESP ones, and Z is fantastic for forehands as well as backhands (see Chris Hysell).

I agree with Josh

I'm sure torque monkeys will love these, but they will probably be useful in the hands of skilled players too. While I understand that Discraft probably wants some of the success from the Nuke to drive sales of the Nuke OS, I'm not a fan of the name.

I'm sure torque monkeys will love these, but they will probably be useful in the hands of skilled players too.
Which is why it will probably be a successful mold sales wise. I have no data to back this up, but my guess is that torque monkeys are a relatively large demographic when it comes to disc sales and a lot of those sales are fueled by the endorsement of skilled players.

If someone with 450'+ of power needs something they can bomb into a big wind and keep it under control, then maybe this fills a need. I feel like the Ape, Boss, XCal, Force, and/or Firebird all fill that slot already, but I can't throw those anyway. My noodle arm doesn't need anything more overstable than my CFR Champ Destroyer. I can throw it into 30+ mph headwinds and keep it from turning just fine by putting a bit of hyzer on there.

So...i may be missing a couple but so far there's a nuke, nuke ss, nuke os and a nuke +

just need a nuke-tard and a noobk and they're all set.

So...i may be missing a couple but so far there's a nuke, nuke ss, nuke os and a nuke +

just need a nuke-tard and a noobk and they're all set.

lol....The Nuke+ was not a bad disc, few people had the opportunity to throw it, but it was slightly more stable than a new champ boss, The Nuke OS should be as, or more stable.

Which is why it will probably be a successful mold sales wise. I have no data to back this up, but my guess is that torque monkeys are a relatively large demographic when it comes to disc sales and a lot of those sales are fueled by the endorsement of skilled players.

you said a lot here. I often step to a hole and put a nuke straight down the fairway. At times I will easily throw a Nuke SS in a straight line down a fairway. Other players have to have one of those discs because they saw me effortlessly throw it to the basket. Both discs require skill and ability to throw controlled shots. Unfortunately some people can't control high speed drivers.

my esp nuke is super flippy, i cant even use it anymore in a headwind bc it will just turn and burn. i havnt tried a z nuke yet but ive been very close to buying one a few times. im interested to try out a os in esp plastic

Money talks. BS walks. Disc goes far. How can you complain about that? Yes ONE person you've witnessed can control a Buzzz in the wind in a collegiate match. Apparently you haven't watched any of the Nuke testing videos from Discraft. I watched Dion Arlyn throw the Nuke OS and I held one. I want one because the disc itself, on physics alone, goes farther, but I cannot throw a disc under a 1.8 stability. Thank you Discraft for continuously bringing us disc technology to the max.

There are a LOT of great discs under 1.8 stability...I feel sorry that you can't throw them...

Money talks. BS walks. Disc goes far. How can you complain about that? Yes ONE person you've witnessed can control a Buzzz in the wind in a collegiate match. Apparently you haven't watched any of the Nuke testing videos from Discraft. I watched Dion Arlyn throw the Nuke OS and I held one. I want one because the disc itself, on physics alone, goes farther, but I cannot throw a disc under a 1.8 stability. Thank you Discraft for continuously bringing us disc technology to the max.

LOL. What's the italicized for, it's not pro so we are all bad players and don't know anything about discs? I said the best wind player, not the only one. I used a wizard and a buzzz all day long in that wind. Go back to your 1.8+ stability physics man, and let me know when they use a nuke os in a distance competition. They go farther, so they must use them in distance competitions. Physics man, physics.

Enjoy your Nuke OS torque monkey.

I cannot throw a disc under a 1.8 stability. Thank you Discraft for continuously bringing us disc technology to the max.

I'm not sure what that first sentence means. You can't throw a Buzzz or a Magnet? Those are like the pinnacle of disc technology! Innova brought us super overstable fast discs first anyway. Discraft is just frontin'.

i find it weird you just can't throw something under 1.8. i dont know the equivalent in innova, but thats a LOT of discs and shots left unanswered. unless you flick a lot i guess. maybe power control is something that you need to work on

i find it weird you just can't throw something under 1.8. i dont know the equivalent in innova, but thats a LOT of discs and shots left unanswered. unless you flick a lot i guess. maybe power control is something that you need to work on

Or form.

I guess he just can't handle about 3/4 of the discs I carry in my bag? Heaven forbid he learn how to hyzer-flip anything.

'But I want to power anhyzer everything!' -> That's what he sounds like in my head! :doh:

These posts remind me of a guy I played with in a tournament this weekend. "I can't throw a hyzer" I tried not to, but I couldn't help it and I laughed.

Latest posts