• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OB & rules question?

thanks for clarifying that. I have a question...how is dave feldbergs putt legal with his follow through? I got a warning last time I tried it. Maybe dave didn't clarify that the follow through is only legal beyond 10 meters in the DVD?

I haven't seen Dave's video.

I have however played with Dave on multiple occasions, and have CALLED him on his jump putt on more than one occasion. I have even reviewed video footage where it is obvious that his feet leave the ground before he releases the disc. Regardless of where he is in relation to the 10meter circle - his jump putt is not legal all the time. Occasionally (and it is possible to execute legally) he does it right! :)

He will argue about it until the end of the earth. His stance is basically (and I quote) "you can't make that call - it's to close for you to be able to tell"

Okay, so based on everyone's interpretation of the OB rule how would you rule on the following?

Obviously the green and blue discs are a no brainer, at least I hope so. :cool:

Attachments

• Discs IB or OB.GIF
    Discs IB or OB.GIF
    8.5 KB · Views: 30
pink is in, red is out. this rule is actually quite clear- lots of others there that require interpretation though.

"OB" means out of bounds but only if the disc stays there. You can throw over the (OB) baseball fields (although I dont recommend this) but if you come back & your disc lands in bounds you're still good (no penalty).
A 'Mando' forces the throw to one direction around or through a path. If you miss this path it's a stroke & sometimes a re-tee or drop zone placement for your next throw.

Okay, so based on everyone's interpretation of the OB rule how would you rule on the following?

Obviously the green and blue discs are a no brainer, at least I hope so. :cool:

It all depends on which disc is mine and which is yours! ;) jk
like Biscoe said pink in - red out.

LOL at the funny dialog

DiscChainBasket......good enough.....keep it light if we can.....although....I couldn't help but think of a concealed carryweapon during the Woodpecker thread. That would have altered the disc recovery in the muddy ditch....lol...maybe Woodpecker was out of bounds? Stroke and ree tee? Does the PDGA cover concealed weapons? They are out there...just saying...

DiscChainBasket......good enough.....keep it light if we can.....although....I couldn't help but think of a concealed carryweapon during the Woodpecker thread. That would have altered the disc recovery in the muddy ditch....lol...maybe Woodpecker was out of bounds? Stroke and ree tee? Does the PDGA cover concealed weapons? They are out there...just saying...

Sometimes this trifocal guy throws a hyzer that flips and never comes back......One stroke penalty.

I got a warm fuzzy feeling read through this thread. :)

It's so nice to have other DGCR members now that know the rulebook!

ERic

There are instances where you are granted casual relief, like if there is casual water (i.e. a big puddle, or a stream that is not OB), or if you land inside a large solid obstacle such as a stump or fallen tree that can't be moved, where you can take UP TO 5 meters straight back on the LOP without penalty (again - no lateral movement is allowed).
There was an entertaining thread on the PDGA forum a while back where I believe it was concluded that in the scenario above where you land inside a solid object on the edge of OB and taking any relief along the line-of-play would place your lie in OB territory that in that one instance lateral movement would be allowable. I think I'm remembering that correctly.

ERic

Latest posts