• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested in that. I like the P1 for long runs outside circle 2 but there's none available!

Yeah, I've never been a fan of beaded putters, but I've had a Swirly P1x in and out of the bag for a while for those and turnover approaches. I found an older S-line P1 in my stash and it's just more comfortable in my hand without the bead. More comfortable than an Aviar P&A too...never been a fan of those.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of beaded putters, but I've had a Swirly P1x in and out of the bag for a while for those and turnover approaches. I found an older S-line P1 in my stash and it's just more comfortable in my hand without the bead. More comfortable than an Aviar P&A too...never been a fan of those.
I think Aviar and P1 are the exact same mold

Currently am putting with P1's and getting nervous they won't be available if I need more. Really tempted to switch to the classic aviar because of this but I like P1's better so I am going to stick with them and hope they are more available in the future since they seem to be getting more attention...

Actually I think they are the same mold after further research. The Star P1s have *AV on the bottom. They definitely mold up differently between McPro Aviars and Star Aviars/P1s, which is why I thought the top was different.

Actually I think they are the same mold after further research. The Star P1s have *AV on the bottom. They definitely mold up differently between McPro Aviars and Star Aviars/P1s, which is why I thought the top was different.

I could be wrong, I don't have any official info, just the same experience you have. The top looks and feels different to me. It could very well be a molding variation.

Anyone else hyped for the Essence? I'm hoping it's like a first run Nightstrike because I don't feel like dropping that much for a disc lol.

Anyone else hyped for the Essence? I'm hoping it's like a first run Nightstrike because I don't feel like dropping that much for a disc lol.

Heck yeah, have a ton to move, gonna be a busy day! They should have more turn than a NS1

Wow. Sky Gods sold out faster than any other disc I've tried to get on release day. Had a pair in my cart and lost them before I could check out (which only took me about 10 seconds).

Was glad to see a good number of Essences in the 160 class on Infinite. Was able to pick up a couple after losing the first couple that I initially had in the cart.

Wow. Sky Gods sold out faster than any other disc I've tried to get on release day. Had a pair in my cart and lost them before I could check out (which only took me about 10 seconds).

Yeah even OTB are sold out.

I'll see if I can snag one at a local retailer but I doubt it.

Hopefully there will be a restock

I was able to throw the Essence a few days ago from a Discmania sponsored player. It is a longer, slightly more understable FD. I was very impressed and ordered two.

Threw the Essence today. A pink 169. I wasn't overly impressed and I actually thought it flew more overstable than my S-line FD's. Didn't throw it much though so it could have just been me but the FD will just flip up and cruise dead straight and the Essence wouldn't flip up for me and just held the hyzer.

I could be wrong, I don't have any official info, just the same experience you have. The top looks and feels different to me. It could very well be a molding variation.

P1's are the "classic grid" Aviars and the top is different from the PnA. If p1's become popular and more produced I would switch back to them since the d-line plastic just has a better feel than dx in my opinion.

P1's are the "classic grid" Aviars and the top is different from the PnA. If p1's become popular and more produced I would switch back to them since the d-line plastic just has a better feel than dx in my opinion.

P1 feels slightly deeper in my hand than a classic aviar.

I also feel like the flight is different, at least for putting. Classic aviar seems to me to be a little less neutral in flight, I feel like I have to put a little more on it to get it to hold a straight line from further out.

They are very close but I can notice enough of a difference that I prefer the P1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts