• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to catch up! keep it coming!

The new Mega Huks look awesome! Any chance of those being released on other molds?

Yes, however it is kind of hard to stamp so it may be limited to what we make on it.

In the last 6 months I've gone from having random discs in my bag, to a 99% Discmania bag (still gotta have that gator in there. Unless you guys release a gator-esque mid ;)) Love your discs, and recently hit my first ace with an Eagle Glow MD3. So yeah, thanks for being awesome and making a quality product! Now for the beef...

Just noticed you guys snuck the S-Line MD in your store. Any chance there will be a Shield stamp run of that coming soon?

Yeah, it's coming soon.

My apologies in advance for the wishlist post...

How long until a regular prod release for the C-DDx? The S-Line's are ok, but need something that has just a notch more stability to it.

Also, any timeline on MF MD3's? I really like the MF FD3, so I'm guessing the MF MD3 could be money as well.

Also, any thoughts on S-Line P1x's?

I can tell you the C-DDx is coming. I just can't say when. S-P1x is interesting. We're going to work on getting still P-LINE first.

I think I saw a screenshot of a metal flake mid. Hopefully a flat MD3.

Any news on P line FD's? I saw a few on infinite disc, but I'd rather grab a stack from a DM official run.

And, same question regarding C-line or MF DDX. Tryna kick out the destroyers :) Than all that's left is my hyzerbomb mortar

We will be working on getting more FD's in stock and the Metal Flake DDx will be available at the Discmania Store at some point this year.

Oh my god, The C-line MD is amazing. One of the most underrated discs ive thrown. For perspective i play am1 golf. 450 accurate distance. Playing a shorter course this weekend, the MD helped me shoot a 986 and 976 rounds of golf! very very straight disc with 0 fade and some tiny turn. Great job Discmania.

Yes, it is a fantastic flying disc. We've found it to be able shape almost every type of shot here in California. We're really happy it helped you shoot better!

Did you guys come up with your own blend of star plastic? The cd2's and DDX's I've purchased lately are really shiny.

It's very slightly different.

When will we see some max weight D-line p2? I swear it's the hardest to find disc out there. Lots of my buddies locally looking for them as well.

Sorry about that, we were out for a while. We just recently were able to get more stock. We'll do our best to keep that disc in stock. We know you guys really like the D-LINE P2.

i seen them say they are looking to make some in 1-2 weeks. beside any new molds/plastic requests this must be the most common thing they get asked for. seen it like 20 times in different contexts

Yeah, we weren't prepared. We're working on ways to keep it in stock better!

Is there a specific reason(s) why a molds first debut in S-line seems to be swirly s-line lately? Recent culprits include CD2, MD3, DDx, PDX at least...

Well, at the Discmania Store we like to try to bring the most successful version of the disc to the market first. So the Swirl is a unique way to offer a cool and exciting new disc to more customers. We know there is a group of you waiting for solid colors. You've been heard.

Probably sold like crazy so they'll stick to it. I'm a fan of SLine but not swirly - for throwers - but I don't think these are meant to be throwers anyway.

Most people really like the aesthetics of the swirls so we like to give them what they like.

Will you hopefully be getting more shield patches in stock in the future? I have my Octothorpe on order, and really want to swag up my new bag with a sweet Discmania patch when it arrives next month!

We have them in stock now!

Any plans for the PDx to go into full production?

There are plans for it to into full production but not for a while still. Fun fact the PDx was originally found when we were looking to make the FD3. It was too fast and not overstable enough to hold that spot in the lineup. However, we really like it to so we found a spot for it!

Shipping is still pretty outrageous, but you can still get a buck off (10%) with DGS-ST-JUDE, so $25 for two discs with a sick stamp isn't bad.

We have made and adjustment and finally gotten the USPS to get us better shipping options. As a new company it is sometimes hard to get better rates. Rest assured it's one of those things that we're searching for weekly.

Any ideas as to when there will be another run of the DDx? I snagged a couple of S-Lines and would like to get a stack for backups/field work (in colors I prefer, too)

They should be available shortly.

The flat top glows are not as stable as the domey ones. I've found that more dome equals more stability on every plastic for the MD3. Chances are that your S-line will be just as stable, if not more stable than the flat top glows.

I'm still on the hunt for an "overstable" MD3.

We hear you. We are on a mission to make a more overstable midrange driver. But these things take time. Especially because we like to be particular with our discs.

your prices and shipping are absurd, sadly I know I'm not alone in fact that I've taken my buisness elsewhere. Seems like DM has effectivly priced out A LOT of your long time supporters. agreed reign, the mid line still lacks an overstable mold dispite the md3 being labled as such.

We're sorry about that. We know our pricing is not the best. That's why we strive for the absolute best service we can provide. And the MD3 thing. We know that it's not overstable and probably should be a 2 fade on the disc. However it's probably one of the best point and shoot midrange so we really don't want to be tweaking it that much. We are working on trying to find a solution for this.

my hasty lunch break post was poorly phrased and not constructive, sorry about the aggro.

It's ok. All feedback is good for us.

i have a hard time thinking the postage pricing is to put more $$ in DM pockets. more likely for some reason they have yet been unsuccessful in getting a good deal going with the delivery companies (that put the $$ in their pockets at the moment)

We did not have a good deal. However, we're getting better at getting better pricing for you guys!

I'm also a bit bitter about the shipping costs and lack of option for a standard First Class instead of Priority Mail. However, I will whole-heartedly cheer for the excellent speed of delivery. They may only have an option for 2-day shipping, but they package and ship their product quicker than most online retailers outside of Amazon.

We've added 1st class and still strive for the best service possible for you guys.

I buy from infinitediscs. They have lower pricing, cheaper shipping and insanely fast shipping. Love discmania but the new pricing sucks. $7 shipping also sucks.

We're working on it at all times. Rest assured one day we'll get the best pricing!

Hard to see how Innova store has free shipping at $75, and discmania has no free shipping other than the promotions they run

We're sorry we can't offer free shipping. We wouldn't be able to make money to help develop our brand into one of the biggest on the market.

They are not the same company, so that's how

yes, they make our product for us

If you're talking about PD's, 4th runs are long gone (they're up to 8th runs now).

There were two different '4th' run PD's; more of the firm, slightly more opaque C-Line plastic that had some dome and flew with a touch of turn and less fade - AND - the first run of Jolly Launcher C-line plastic, which were flatter, more translucent, slightly softer, and more high speed stable with a heavy fade.

If you want a PD with no turn and a strong fade, 7th/8th runs are what you're looking for. If you're looking for one with a bit of wiggle in it's flight, then look for a non-pat# Freak stamp S-line.

Give the CD2 a shot. You might be delightfully surprised in the flight. The 4th run PD was much more understable than almost all runs of the PD.

FB said they now have a cheaper option for 1-2 discs.

Yes we do!

I like the softer pearly 4th runs with the dome. But i cant seem to find them :( and i have a s line with no patents, its a firebird haha

try the CD2!

Sure do! Loaded up two discs, got shipping quote, and there was a $4 option. Awesome to see that they are listening to the fan base and delivering upon requests. :thmbup:

We really do try our best!

But but but I want a flat OS one...

We're working on it. It's been another one of those discs we've been looking to create for over a year. We'll let it loose when it's perfect!

Still waiting for the DDx to reappear

Soon!

Thank you all for supporting Discmania and giving us important feedback on ways we can help our fans and grow our brand to be one of the biggest and best brands in the game.

rarintal; We most definitely appreciate your interaction and consideration. The new shipping option is freaking AWESOME and will certainly mean I'll be grabbing even more DM discs. Being a relatively new company, I completely understand the struggle of negotiating logistics pricing. However, everything I've tried from DM, I've loved. I went from mostly Prodigy to almost entirely Discmania and Reptilian (have to support the DGCR local boutique)

The MD3 is a FANTASTIC disc, but I'm still needing to carry a more overstable mid for that "never turns flat" slot. I would love to have an MD4 - Gator/Hornet/Verdict slot - but understand that developing new molds is an incredibly time consuming and expensive endeavor.

Keep up the great work! I will love to continue supporting the brand, and the great store. (keep the wicked awesome stamps coming - DDx Lion/PDx/DGWT) ;)

I am happy to see the P3 is here is S-line. However, a bit upset to see there has been a re-tool on the original. I love the feel of my D-line P3 and just wanted that disc in S-line. I will still try the new S line P3 but may wait for a regular production run.

To help me decide can you please post a picture of a first run D-line & new S-line (laid flat side by side).

S-P1x is interesting.

As an avid P1x thrower in all plastics...this too interests me a great deal. Also, some big shield stamped P1x's would be fantastic.

And as always, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of our yearnings and quibbles. Hope the biking is going well for you.

I prefer s-line's for forehand, would beat in differently and nice for winter/rain golf. Some of the c-lines came out so domey too! A flat s-line would be the bee's knee's.

Just curious (as a thrower of the FD2) what could the S-Line bring that the C doesn't already provide?

For me, it's just a feel thing. I prefer softer and grippier plastic. Also, they do beat in a little easier so you can have different shots out of the same mold.

For me, it's just a feel thing. I prefer softer and grippier plastic. Also, they do beat in a little easier so you can have different shots out of the same mold.

Gotcha. The FD2 fits more of a utility function for myself. Just didn't seem like the multiple plastic/multiple stages of wear type of disc, but totally understand the preference in plastic. Thanks guys!

^same here. Dunno. I kinda feel like SFD2 would beat into something DM already has in their lineup out of the box (or almost out of the box) in C-line. The flight of the flat CFD2s suits my game exactly like so, and I dont wish it would beat into anything else.

Love you DM, but the 9th run PDs are not more stable than the 8th runs. They are a little less stable, BUT I think they are AMAZING! They go ridiculously far while still taking as much power as you can give them. I'm actually incredibly impressed with them, but I would change the description on the store page so that people don't think they are getting something more stable than the 8th runs.

I noticed there's a 6th run of C-Line FDs available. Can't wait to try it! Can we expect metal flake FD's at the Discmania store or is this a fundraiser-only disc? Hopefully there's some in lighter weights too (166-169) :)

dunno if its just me but i think of the about 20 swirlies across different molds i have had, like 80% were somewhere in the peach range of colors. the outliers always something blue-greeney. i dont mind but just wonder why the peach reigns the day

If you go too swirly you get mush. Swirly was great when you have a single color with a swirl of another color. Swirly with 3 colors is amazing. Then there's a fine line when you leave multicolor swirly and it all melts together into peach mush or bluegreengrey mush.

So it's possible all the good colors are still in their racks, and the first releases are the end of the runs where all the colors have run together like the end of Easter egg dying with a bunch of toddlers.

If this is worse than $2 extra per disc it must be a big deal. Hard to say though since we know nothing other than you made some ** swears and told half a story on a forum. So I think I'll disregard until there's an actual story here

rarintal; We most definitely appreciate your interaction and consideration. The new shipping option is freaking AWESOME and will certainly mean I'll be grabbing even more DM discs. Being a relatively new company, I completely understand the struggle of negotiating logistics pricing. However, everything I've tried from DM, I've loved. I went from mostly Prodigy to almost entirely Discmania and Reptilian (have to support the DGCR local boutique)

The MD3 is a FANTASTIC disc, but I'm still needing to carry a more overstable mid for that "never turns flat" slot. I would love to have an MD4 - Gator/Hornet/Verdict slot - but understand that developing new molds is an incredibly time consuming and expensive endeavor.

Keep up the great work! I will love to continue supporting the brand, and the great store. (keep the wicked awesome stamps coming - DDx Lion/PDx/DGWT) ;)

Thank you for the kind words - We are working on the MD4 but as you all know we will make sure it's perfect before it comes out. That is another one that has been on our radar for a while.

I am happy to see the P3 is here is S-line. However, a bit upset to see there has been a re-tool on the original. I love the feel of my D-line P3 and just wanted that disc in S-line. I will still try the new S line P3 but may wait for a regular production run.

To help me decide can you please post a picture of a first run D-line & new S-line (laid flat side by side).

Thank you for the feedback. One problem we had with the P3 is that is was not overstable enough we molded it up in premium plastic. So, that's the reason for the reinvention of the mold. We got really close this time. We will see if we can replicate it before producing a lot more.

As an avid P1x thrower in all plastics...this too interests me a great deal. Also, some big shield stamped P1x's would be fantastic.

And as always, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of our yearnings and quibbles. Hope the biking is going well for you.

Thank you for the suggestion! My biking is doing great - It's great to get healthy!

still no s-line fd2s?

This is true. We have been busy working on the DDx. Rest assured we've heard you. There's not time table when we will make this but it is planned at some point.

Just curious (as a thrower of the FD2) what could the S-Line bring that the C doesn't already provide?

It would probably be a straighter flight based on the S-LINE plastic. Most of the time when we introduce something in S-LINE the plastic allows the player to get more grip which usually equals more spin. With more spin the disc usually has a straighter flight or even a slight drift can be seen in the flight.

S Line Plastic.

True!

I prefer s-line's for forehand, would beat in differently and nice for winter/rain golf. Some of the c-lines came out so domey too! A flat s-line would be the bee's knee's.

We're working on getting the C-LINE FD2 flatter (even though they aren't as overstable as they're supposed to be) because you guys like the feel of the flat disc better!

Thanks for the solid reasoning!

Gotcha. The FD2 fits more of a utility function for myself. Just didn't seem like the multiple plastic/multiple stages of wear type of disc, but totally understand the preference in plastic. Thanks guys!

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

^same here. Dunno. I kinda feel like SFD2 would beat into something DM already has in their lineup out of the box (or almost out of the box) in C-line. The flight of the flat CFD2s suits my game exactly like so, and I dont wish it would beat into anything else.

It would probably go more towards the FD's flight.

Love you DM, but the 9th run PDs are not more stable than the 8th runs. They are a little less stable, BUT I think they are AMAZING! They go ridiculously far while still taking as much power as you can give them. I'm actually incredibly impressed with them, but I would change the description on the store page so that people don't think they are getting something more stable than the 8th runs.

Hmmm.. The ones we tested were definitely more overstable. We have had this report from only a few. Maybe it was a certain color that was this way. Can you please comment on the specifics of your disc?

I noticed there's a 6th run of C-Line FDs available. Can't wait to try it! Can we expect metal flake FD's at the Discmania store or is this a fundraiser-only disc? Hopefully there's some in lighter weights too (166-169) :)

Thank you! They are there and in lighter weights!

Can we get s cd2s in solid colors. Swirls are cool but it's a crap shoot on what color you get.

At the moment we are working on our plan for next year and introducing the CD2 in S-LINE is a possibility. If you call in or email we can certainly help you find a color/swirl combo that you are looking for! If we ran it in one solid color would you have a preference?

dunno if its just me but i think of the about 20 swirlies across different molds i have had, like 80% were somewhere in the peach range of colors. the outliers always something blue-greeney. i dont mind but just wonder why the peach reigns the day

We have a few colors that make the best swirls - red and blue are two of them. So with the Red (which gives the most contrast) sometimes we get a hue to the rest of the disc.

If you go too swirly you get mush. Swirly was great when you have a single color with a swirl of another color. Swirly with 3 colors is amazing. Then there's a fine line when you leave multicolor swirly and it all melts together into peach mush or bluegreengrey mush.

It is hard - we're trying!

So it's possible all the good colors are still in their racks, and the first releases are the end of the runs where all the colors have run together like the end of Easter egg dying with a bunch of toddlers.

Yes, we usually make around 8 boxes per run. Some goes to custom jobs like Supreme Flight and Huk Lab. Others are used for Fundraiser/Tournament discs and we take a portion for the Discmania Store!

If this is worse than $2 extra per disc it must be a big deal. Hard to say though since we know nothing other than you made some ** swears and told half a story on a forum. So I think I'll disregard until there's an actual story here

Hmmmm. That post seems to be deleted.

There was a post recently claiming our CEO (Jussi) had treated one of our Promoters (Eric) poorly. From hearing both sides of this story - much of it was based on what someone had heard through someone else. It was never stated directly to one another. I think this is much like when people play the telephone game. You know you have several people and the first person is the person to start the phrase and passes it to the second person and it's their job to pass it all the way down to the end. Usually what happens is person by person it changes a little bit and by the end it often does not come even close to what was originally said or in the context it was delivered.

I'll just address this right now - Eric Oakley has decided to leave Discmania as an employee. From the discussion I had with him personally - Eric would like to chase his passion as a touring player rather than Promoter/Tour Manager. Eric is a wildly passionate individual, this is what make him fun to watch and fun to be around (as you all know). Unfortunately in this situation speculation has won the best of both sides and it's best to let Eric take the road to fully engulf himself in the passion as a player. We were taken by surprise as I assume were all of you when Eric posted the picture of an ace at Pro Worlds with a Dynamic Discs driver. Eric has told us he will most likely but using a mixed bag of discs which will include some of our pro favorites (P2, FD & CD2 for example). If he does stop using our discs because of a new sponsorship opportunity we will never forget the passion and spirit Eric brought us as a Player, Employee and Co-worker.

Thank you Eric for your time and enthusiasm - we applaud you for your passion and your desire to chase your dreams. That same desire is the reason Eric and Discmania merged in the first place. I will personally take this lesson to heart and I hope our paths cross again in the future - I mean Discmania is chasing the dream of making the best possible discs to play the game and trying to create even bigger dreams for all of you to be able to chase. There's probably a chance we'll meet up again :)

Cheers,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts