• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
P-Line PD's are not in production at the moment and likely will not return. A great substitute for those would naturally be the G-PD. These will provide equal stability but offer more grip and durability. G-Line can be highly underrated at times but would make for a fantastic straight-flying PD.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 212
I swear by the G-PDs, so you got at least one person who will keep a healthy stock of them. They pair nicely with the Cs. I originally bought the Cs to take over for my very inconsistent Thunderbirds - I have a magic Thunderbird, but I like to have 4-5 so I cycle through and evenly wear them in. There was no consistency from disc to disc, so I went back to the PD. The last time I tried them was when I got my hands on a pre-production C-PD. At the time I thought it was too beefy, so this time around I gave the S-PD a try, but I must have hit a freak batch because they were flippy out of the box. The new Cs are still a little too beefy for what I want in that slot, so as I wanted to wear them in, I gave the G-PD a try. They are exactly what I wanted from the beginning. Maybe sometime those Cs will get to where I want, but for me, the Gs are right on. Two aces and three metal hits in four months; I would say that I got them dialed in.

For me, the G Stars had nice high speed turn but then then they would dump out of the air unexpectedly. P-PDs have a forward fade and are perfect control drivers for 350 max d noodle arms.

Dude take it easy. The fact that something is not in production does not mean they have disappeared off the face of the earth. :)

News about S-CD3 release makes me a happy camper, have wanted one ever since the mystery box release. Too late in the season to really get much testing though but maybe it will make an early 2018 bag ;) (shameless plug for my vlog)

Some things we need in our lives that our pocket books may not agree with
#1 glow D line P2
#2 D line P3x
#3 Flat run of MD3s like the MD4s
#4 DD3...yes I know next year but still DD3

Biggest gap in the lineup is a mega beef OS putter, something like a harp that can be mashed on and beat to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on beatable MD3s? I haven't been able to find a P-line anywhere in months, and even the S-Lines seem to be gone. There are some g-lines here and there but they're not my cup of tea.

Will there ever be another run of the Metal Flake FD's?

These things fly amazingly well. I haven't had the privilege to throw a 2nd run FD but the MF run seem fairly more stable than the recent C-Lines I have purchased.

Discmania Support Reply

Is there any idea when d-line md3 will be released ?

Good question. No plans for the time being. The likelihood of even making an MD4 in D or P-Line is about the same as the MD3. They are certainly on the agenda but no real plans at this point. You can expect at least one of them to come out next year.

Are there any plans for flat color glow PDs?

Not for the time being. We have a couple of cool glow and color glow projects coming up and the PD is not one of them quite yet.

Biggest gap in the lineup is a mega beef OS putter, something like a harp that can be mashed on and beat to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a good tool to have. We have some plans for new molds next year and you will just have to see exactly what that ends up being :)

Discmania Support Reply

Will there ever be another run of the Metal Flake FD's?

These things fly amazingly well. I haven't had the privilege to throw a 2nd run FD but the MF run seem fairly more stable than the recent C-Lines I have purchased.

I am glad that you like your MF FD's! They turned out to be a bigger hit after all of the discs left the building. While the disc was for sale, it seemed that no one had any interest in them and took a long time to sell the entire stock. These discs will return but there are no plans to do so yet.

Any Chance of a G-Line FD3 before the cold weather kicks in?

This one has no plans at all unfortunately to be made in G-Line plastic.

Any word on beatable MD3s? I haven't been able to find a P-line anywhere in months, and even the S-Lines seem to be gone. There are some g-lines here and there but they're not my cup of tea.

The P-Line MD3 is back! They just need to be stamped and we can let 'em loose. Give it about a week and we should be good to go.

"The Second Run C-LINE FD is made in a very hard blend of C-LINE with much less dome"

Ok everybody is crazy for the 2nd run FD's and I have not heard of anybody owning one who is not in love with them. So my question is why would you not re-run the FD in "very hard blend of C-LINE". You must have the recipe for the "very hard blend of C-LINE". Is the plastics in the recipe not available? Too many X-outs? Do they last too long thereby reducing the need to re-buy?

Seriously why no love?

"The Second Run C-LINE FD is made in a very hard blend of C-LINE with much less dome"

Ok everybody is crazy for the 2nd run FD's and I have not heard of anybody owning one who is not in love with them. So my question is why would you not re-run the FD in "very hard blend of C-LINE". You must have the recipe for the "very hard blend of C-LINE". Is the plastics in the recipe not available? Too many X-outs? Do they last too long thereby reducing the need to re-buy?

Seriously why no love?

They were not only stiffer, but flatter and much more stable than any other run. it's just a fact of life that run to run they will have differences. this run was more different than most, turns out

tons of factors go into plastic injection molding - I've watched some interesting interviews with Dave Dunipace talking about plastics. even buying the same blend/type of plastic from the same vendors it will still vary from bag to bag of plastic.

There are environmental factors like the temperature and humidity of the shop too that will impact the final product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts