• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used S-line FDs for about three years now. I have a small stack of them so I'm good for now but a few months ago I needed to add another disc to an online order to make it worth paying the shipping so figured I'd try a C-line.

While I'm usually not a big fan of the C-line plastic this FD is awesome. It's like a longer, glidier version of my S-lines.

The one I got isn't the hard, slick plastic but is that slightly softer and grippier C-line which I don't mind.

I've used S-line FDs for about three years now. I have a small stack of them so I'm good for now but a few months ago I needed to add another disc to an online order to make it worth paying the shipping so figured I'd try a C-line.

While I'm usually not a big fan of the C-line plastic this FD is awesome. It's like a longer, glidier version of my S-lines.

The one I got isn't the hard, slick plastic but is that slightly softer and grippier C-line which I don't mind.

This sounds awesome, and I totally plan to buy one when I can find one at 168g. I tried one in luster plastic and it's way more overstable than even my swirly S-line. Not at all what I was looking for.

I added a C-line to the bag today for day 2 of the Okie Doubles tournament. It did some work in the woods, mostly FH. Threw my swirly S-line and flippy S-line a couple times apiece too.

FDs rule, hopefully Discmania gets to drink from the Innova trough soon.

"The Cloud Breaker 2 is now SOLD OUT! Thank you to everyone for taking part in this insanely popular worldwide release. Have a great weekend and let 'em fly! We'll always improve the way we work and increase the numbers on the products you deserve, always."

I am sorry but this feels hollow and disingenuous.

I have followed Discmania for a long time and for several releases the cart on the website has not worked as it does on other websites.

It is a simple fix to have items stay in a person's cart for a few minutes to give them a chance to checkout, Yet Discmania refuses to implement this simple fix, there must be a reason. Please explain what's the reason?

Or put a cap on how many discs a person can order at a time...I got a couple cloudbreakers today from a site that had a cap of two per order. It was actually nice to see they were trying to get these to as many different people as possible. I'm going to throw mine and see if they are the next great coming but they probably won't kick my terns out of the bag.

This style of selling stuff and limited production(which I understand isn't totally in their control) is what made me ditch the FDs from my bag. For me, I can't justify 30-40 bucks for one disc when I play a lot of solo rounds on a fairly brushy home course.

Better than nothing I guess...I didn't look at their site because I know how crazy it gets with these releases. The resale prices on some of these on the discmania fb pages is insane already

"The Cloud Breaker 2 is now SOLD OUT! Thank you to everyone for taking part in this insanely popular worldwide release. Have a great weekend and let 'em fly! We'll always improve the way we work and increase the numbers on the products you deserve, always."

I am sorry but this feels hollow and disingenuous.

I have followed Discmania for a long time and for several releases the cart on the website has not worked as it does on other websites.

It is a simple fix to have items stay in a person's cart for a few minutes to give them a chance to checkout, Yet Discmania refuses to implement this simple fix, there must be a reason. Please explain what's the reason?

This article explains the cart hold problem: https://www.discmania.net/blogs/discover/cart-reservations-supply-and-demand-and-a-pledge?fbclid=IwAR2kqGwHe8gNIGm6gZihbXAozRMWHqZTR-BvsU3KFKkZqgmGyGt963TlGVE

The article that BTV posted does a good job of summing things up.

To add to that as someone who used to run an online sales website in another industry, I can tell you that a company cannot simply change their shopping cart system/website over night. It takes a ton of work to rebuild an entire website/inventory/cart that can take weeks/months to do. I truly believe Discmania cares about their customers and that they want to make things right to as many people as possible.

Eagle winning back to back tournaments immediately before the release and becoming the hottest player on the planet certainly probably played into this release, outside of just the normal Discmaniac's who are in on these releases.

Been throwing the Enigma a lot more the last couple months, so pretty excited for these guys:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEURnfZpKRS/
venigma.png

I really really really REALLY REALLY doubt they make anymore Echo DD3s. For real. :D

Covid really threw a wrench in the works, I was told no more would be made, and now no more CB2's also have been reported not to be run. All that would suggest very strongly against more Echo DD3s.

swirl S line three tooled FD2?

I'd like a slightly more HSS version of the FD2

and while you are making orders with the mother ship how about another run of Swirl S line MD

Discmania Support Reply

this comment was in regard to the echo DD3. is this still happening this year? i'd imagine you're pretty backed up.

thanks!

Unfortunately this one definitely won't happen this year for sure, sorry!

Fixed that for you.

The Origin is going to be the new MD :). No, it hasn't replaced it but people will enjoy these very much.

How is the active line Sensei in Premium plastic flying for people....I saw Casey White compare it to the Nova. Thanks

New Active line restock available today at the store and beginning to ship to retailers soon. A couple things to note:

- Sensei is flatter and likely a bit more grippy. Plastic is even better
- Mentor came out much cleaner. It'll fly how it's supposed to (aka not a meathook)
- The entire run of both base and premium Active discs are the best made so far out of the three total runs to date.

Discmaniacs! We're back at it on here. It's been a busy year and our apologies for not being more present in this thread. We'll do our best to monitor responses about once a week.

Sorry if you've already answered this, but can you talk to why you don't run more of your discs in P-line? It's such a great plastic to pair with an S- or C-line of the same mold. I'd personally love to see a P-PDx, and I know a lot of other people would go crazy over a run of P-line in their favorite mold(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts