• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for the Rainmaker stock run, never thrown one.

I do have a Exo Tactic in the bag too just for different shots. Great for straight forehand upshots. But when people ask me "whats your go to throwing putter" I tend to think "the disc you reach for for a straight no fade RHBH throw under 200 feet". And that would be a Exo Logic.

Flat premium Senseis are awesome.

P3xs are good too. D-lines are fun.

Sadly its what you can find. *shrug* Second hand market is your best friend.

Can people that own or have thrown the new FD's chime in with how they compare to the old ones?

I have 6 old ones, 4 S line and 2 C line. They are all around 173-175g. All fly about the same, but with the C line being a bit more overstable at high speed and fading more. But nothing drastic. For me, all of them fly about 7/5.5/-.5/2. But when I throw them really flat and get a good rip on it, they do fly more like they numbers say. But they have always seemed a bit more overstable than the numbers state. And I have to try a bit too hard to get that magic -1/1 flight. Also, compared to other -1/1 discs, more overstable with more fade.

So just wondering if the New C lines are more stable? Less stable? More fade or less fade than the old ones?

New C-line FDs are a bit more stable than most of old Innova FDs.
They tried to copy the beloved 2nd run from Innova, and those 2nd runs were on the more stable side.
My older S-line is most like the new C-line in being able to take more power.

The last runs of the Innova FDs were just too over-stable, more like an FD2.
The Innova Dark Rebel Fairway disc were like those later runs.
The new C-lines, I think, strike a great balance because without being too stable, they can still handle some power.

Hope that helps.

Also, just a little FYI, if anyone has a Blue, Teal or White Enigma, that actually turns right, glides forever and has a baby fade back to the middle, that weighs around 168-175g, I'd LOVE to buy it off you if you'd be willing to sell. I have 2 at 170 and 175g that are BEEFY as all get out and fly nothing like the numbers or others claim. Mine are easily 12/5/0/3-4. They have as hard a fade as my Firebirds thrown well and dead flat!

Just looking for a more flippy, overall net straight-ish flight path. Kind of like an old FD S line. Flips up, glides out right a bit, stays there and glides for days, then softly comes back to the middle. I throw max D around 350-380, so I know this disc is at the upper reaches of my distance ability, but I have other speed 11-12 discs that fly amazing and there flight #'s are actually more stable HS and LS than the Enigma, yet turn right and fade less than my 2 Enigmas! They are in fact, and Enigma to me, haha

Thanks

rainmaker

i got two rainmakers to try and putt with. HATED THEM. started throwing them and hoooooo boy am i in love. Absolutely great throwers.

Ouch! A C line DD3 would be WAY too much disc for me I'm assuming. 3 fade in C line plastic would be too BEEEEFY

The Cloudbreaker 3 was waaay too beefy for my noodle… until it wasn't. It flex bombs so far. But, with two Star and two Cloudbreaker 3 I'm out for new DD3. Enigmas are nice too, as you know ;)

I have been saving for a couple of PD.

The Cloudbreaker 3 was waaay too beefy for my noodle… until it wasn't. It flex bombs so far. But, with two Star and two Cloudbreaker 3 I'm out for new DD3. Enigmas are nice too, as you know ;)

I have been saving for a couple of PD.

Are you talking about old or new Cloudbreakers? And what weight range? I've never thrown one, but just assume with that 3 fade and 12 speed, that it's too much disc for me at this point. Still trying to learn how to throw well and far, and making progress each year, but still not able to throw that far. 360-380 here and there is my max so far.

And are you saying both the Star and Cloudbreaker would be flex bombs? Might have to look into finding one of those in a lighter weight around 167-170 if you think I could throw it well?

And yeah, can't wait for the PD to FINALLY come out! It's been FOREVER since I had my Lone Howl and wish I hadn't have sold it. I just saw how much people were getting for them on eBay and didn't realize at the time that Discmania was going to have SOO many problems going forward. First with loosing out on production by no longer working with Innova, and then taking forever to get their own production up and running smoothly. Which still seams to be a big problem. But nice to see some discs finally coming out. And hope I can snag a nice PD in a color I like. I just can't seem to find a disc like that. It was SO unique in how it feels, throws and flies.

Are you talking about old or new Cloudbreakers? And what weight range?

Brand new CB3 in 17x don't remember and too lazy to go look. I have two pink ones. One I've thrown to beat up, and the other one isn't in the bag.

And are you saying both the Star and Cloudbreaker would be flex bombs? Might have to look into finding one of those in a lighter weight around 167-170 if you think I could throw it well?

The slightly beat new CB3 is the flex bomber with so much glide. I'm saying I don't need new DD3s. Besides the two CB3, I have two innova S-line DD3. One is very beat up and has a nice s flight. The other one is fresh. I'm also saying I can't throw a fresh DD3 in any plastic, but after some beating, I can. If you're throwing 350 then you can throw a beat up one too.

And yeah, can't wait for the PD to FINALLY come out! It's been FOREVER since I had my Lone Howl and wish I hadn't have sold it. I just saw how much people were getting for them on eBay and didn't realize at the time that Discmania was going to have SOO many problems going forward. First with loosing out on production by no longer working with Innova, and then taking forever to get their own production up and running smoothly. Which still seams to be a big problem. But nice to see some discs finally coming out. And hope I can snag a nice PD in a color I like. I just can't seem to find a disc like that. It was SO unique in how it feels, throws and flies.

I want two red PDs. C-line red is so dayglow it's awesome. I have a G-line PD that is fantastic. Laser beam straight with late fade. New PD will be meathook, but will replace a faded and hard-to-find in the weeds FD3.

Looks like the PD is available 1 day early. This maybe looks like S-line?

https://www.discmania.net/collections/new-arrivals/products/first-run-c-line-pd
attachment.php

Attachments

• 9FDB4052-E6DD-49B7-933A-5B6B67AC0995.jpg
    9FDB4052-E6DD-49B7-933A-5B6B67AC0995.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 234
In your defense, the disc pictured does look pretty opaque so I can see where it looks more like S than C plastic.

It looks like C line in the pic. I'm not rich though, never actually seen or held Italian plastic blends so I could be wrong. :D

Discmania Support Reply

Cool to hear about your different uses. Thanks! I have all those in the bag as well, which is why I'm trying to decide if I need an Origin, Md1, AND Md3.

Some probably may enjoy having all three in their bag at the same time but the MD1 and Origin is probably an either/or thing. It just may depend on if you're the type to have multiple versions of drivers in your bag or mids.

@Discmania_Support, are there any plans for P-Line style flippy plastic?

P-Line (or how we all view driver P-Line so far) needs to be developed. We've decided that D-Line in mids and drivers needs to be a bit more durable than with putters, same thing applies for P-Line as well. It'll come but, S-Line needs to come first :)

It's odd that they've consistently avoided the p-line question in this thread. I find the "pick and choose" method a bit odd. In addition to saying a production update was coming when it wasn't, only a shipping update. If you can't predict, that's totally fine. No fault in that. You can't write a check you can't cash.

The different flexes of P2 and other putters to come will cover this need. If anything is specifically labeled "P-Line", it's going to be in something like a mid or driver. Flex 3 P2 or Rainmaker etc will be your P-Line feel and stiffness, hands down.

Also, when are the MD1 C Lines supposed to be released? I don't see any for sale on the Discmania website, just a video of Simon throwing them and talking them up.

There is definitely going to be an MD1 version for sure. They should have gone in the machine within the last couple weeks so it will be a few months out.

Can't wait for the Flex 3 Glow Rainmakers. Any ideas when they will be released?

Definitely Summer! Lots on the way floating with Popeye on the open sea. Not many in house just yet, though.

Ouch! A C line DD3 would be WAY too much disc for me I'm assuming. 3 fade in C line plastic would be too BEEEEFY

There are a couple that are pretty darn beefy but the run overall is actually flying quite a lot straighter than people expect. Still a DD3 for sure but by no means something like a PD2

While not a given, I think you can assume that in the future too, the First Run version of new releases will drop a day before the stock release day.

Unless there are some different circumstances that require a change, you should be able to plan on First Run releases happening a day early. This should be a little bit less stressful trying to snag one of those as well as a stock version at the same time and run the risk of having something sell out.

New PDGA Approvals

Just a Heads up:

FD3 Approved today: https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/fd3-new

P1 Approved Today: https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/p1-new

"Cloudbreaker" Approved today (Not sure of significance) : https://www.pdga.com/technical-standards/equipment-certification/discs/cloudbreaker

This is in addition to the Paradigm Mold (11 speed Evolution driver) that was approved a few weeks ago. Here's to fingers crossed that DM releases some information on future releases in the next few weeks.

Also, GO SIMON! Here's to hopefully #3 soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts