• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both and for sure the new P2 are tackier than the Innova Dline P2 that I have. +1 on this response:

So wait, this response is confusing. You're saying that the New P2's are tackier than the Innova D line P2? But the other person just said that the new D Line P2s are not tacky at all, and not even close to the Exo Hard (which is not tacky. It's just not as slippery as old D line).

So can you maybe compare it to other plastics? That way I have a better idea. The one disc golf store within 30 mins of me almost never has any Discmania discs in, so I can't go feel them myself.

So wait, this response is confusing. You're saying that the New P2's are tackier than the Innova D line P2? But the other person just said that the new D Line P2s are not tacky at all, and not even close to the Exo Hard (which is not tacky. It's just not as slippery as old D line).

So can you maybe compare it to other plastics? That way I have a better idea. The one disc golf store within 30 mins of me almost never has any Discmania discs in, so I can't go feel them myself.

Here's my take. tldr: both more grip to the new p2s, but not tacky.

I have owned Innova D-line P2s, P-line P2s, and Prototype Discmania P2s (2.5 flex) as well as Nexus Firelys and a few different runs of Alpacas (which are all p2s to my eye). I've had links in exo hard and soft. I've also felt the flex 2's in my local shop, which weren't much different to my protos.

To me, there is something about the new DM plastic for the p2 that has a bit more grip to it. It's still a dx style and pretty firm. It's not a grippier tack like the nexus plastic which has a little give to it even though the flight plate is stiff. It's almost as if the new plastic is a more porous plastic if that makes sense. Your thumb can kinda catch on the flight plate, whereas Innova D-line was the usual slightly slippery dx.

But no, the new p2s don't feel anything like exo soft which is not dissimilar to nexus in terms of grip to me. If you want something that has that kind of tack, like exo soft, nexus, or jawbreaker, I wouldn't recommend these. They still fall under the larger dx style umbrella to me, despite having better grip than the average dx. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Here's my take. tldr: both more grip to the new p2s, but not tacky.

I have owned Innova D-line P2s, P-line P2s, and Prototype Discmania P2s (2.5 flex) as well as Nexus Firelys and a few different runs of Alpacas (which are all p2s to my eye). I've had links in exo hard and soft. I've also felt the flex 2's in my local shop, which weren't much different to my protos.

To me, there is something about the new DM plastic for the p2 that has a bit more grip to it. It's still a dx style and pretty firm. It's not a grippier tack like the nexus plastic which has a little give to it even though the flight plate is stiff. It's almost as if the new plastic is a more porous plastic if that makes sense. Your thumb can kinda catch on the flight plate, whereas Innova D-line was the usual slightly slippery dx.

But no, the new p2s don't feel anything like exo soft which is not dissimilar to nexus in terms of grip to me. If you want something that has that kind of tack, like exo soft, nexus, or jawbreaker, I wouldn't recommend these. They still fall under the larger dx style umbrella to me, despite having better grip than the average dx. Hope it helps.

That helps more. It sounds like it's a tiny bit more grip or tack than the old Innova made D line, but definitely not grippy or tacky like the Exo hard or even grippier stuff. So too slippery for me. Exo hard would be like the perfect putter plastic for me. That slight tack, but with a hard plastic. I just don't like the Link or the Logic. otherwise I'd be using those. Thank for the helpful info. Hopefully Discmania starts making the P2 and P1 in S line or Exo hard/soft sometime soon

That helps more. It sounds like it's a tiny bit more grip or tack than the old Innova made D line, but definitely not grippy or tacky like the Exo hard or even grippier stuff. So too slippery for me. Exo hard would be like the perfect putter plastic for me. That slight tack, but with a hard plastic. I just don't like the Link or the Logic. otherwise I'd be using those. Thank for the helpful info. Hopefully Discmania starts making the P2 and P1 in S line or Exo hard/soft sometime soon

Exo hard I only had 1 putter, which I used for throwing a bit, so maybe someone has both and could weight in on that closer. From my memory, exo hard and the new p2 are pretty similar. Unfortunately I don't have the Link anymore or I would check for ya. I know what you mean about wanting that little bit more grip though.

See above replies for better descriptions. I don't have any exo hard discs, so can't compare. New D-line is similar grip to DD classic /BT hard?

I have four P2 Prototypes, the first ones, and I guess they're flex 2.5. Also have Rainmakers in flex 2, flex3. I'm holding a Fresh DX Leopard right now and it's slick compared to any Discmania's D-line.

Nexus is nice, but not firm enough for my taste.

If you want exo feel then lat64 zero medium and hard are very close in feel so that opens up the count of models.

I can also confirm new dline P2 feel a bit more grippy compared to regular dx or old dline. But it is definietly not a grippy putter plastic. Maybe if you play in very hot and humid temps than it might be the ticket. Exo soft for instance get really soft when it is a good summer day.

Just compared Exo Hard / Soft / Flex 2 D-line

Exo has very good grip. I think the best of all base plastic types Ive ever held (outside of some Gateway special blends perhaps but good luck finding another like the one you loved)

Both Exos about the same. Just that you can dig in more on the Soft for more grip. Surface grip per se I'd say very close on both.

Flex 2 D-line has maybe 80-90% of the grip that Exo has. Also, I am pretty sure the top has a pattern to create more grip. You can see it and feel it if you look closely.

Unfortunately I never had many D-line OG P2s so cant compare. I had a ton of P-lines though and boy were they soap compared to Exo/Flex 2

Discmania Support Reply

Is this the same for signature series? Every run needs separate approval, hence the numbering system?

Also, are you saying this is a Creator Series tweak on a Cloudbreaker DD3 for the black mystery box!?

No, signature series discs won't need to be submitted. Creator series discs are their own proprietary mold with modifications to them so it needs to technically be approved. These may contain mainly physical tweaks as well as some cosmetic ones, too. Or in other cases it can be an entirely new product from the ground up like the Tilt, for example.

Gotcha,

Question: What is the general timeline like after PDGA approval for a mold? Has it already been produced, just in limited quantities, for testing purposes? Does it then fall into the list of molds that are ready for full production? How does that work?

Good question! Some small batches are made for testing, evaluated, altered (if needed), and then once it is determined to be a production-ready product, submitted for approval. This entire process from start to finish may take 6-8 months on average.

Dear Discmania Support,
I waited online for the Summer X-out Sale with eager anticipation.
Saw there were S-Line TDs available and was hoping for some CDs.
Logged in PayPal-ready.
Waited again for the extra hour, and noticed that you did not limit qtys.
So I went in, checked real quickly for CDs, grabbed a couple S-Line TDs and chose PayPal.
When my PayPal went back to the page, they were gone.
Now, this is the 2nd time this has happened to me at your online store, and I am trying to accept it with a degree of equanimity.
I understand that DM has been dealt a difficult hand, with Innova holding your Mfg hostage over the last few years.
But this incident has forced me to conclude that all your messaging about being customer-focused is demonstrably false.
What did you think was going to happen?
Every re-seller and opportunist with a DM account was going to get online and buy everything collectible or re-sellable by the dozens.
Meanwhile, loyal users such as I, just looking to get a few throwers were left empty and disappointed.
While boxing up 18 TDs and sending them all to the same address was a great labor saver for you, it's just left me thinking about switching to a disc company where I can buy a full range of discs without resorting to re-seller prices.
I won't even re-start the discussion about the shopping cart sniping…
This poor decision was on you, nobody forced your hand on this.
So, so, so disappointed.

Don't worry if the public backlash is big enough, they will make a FB post apologizing and asking for feedback. He'll then reply to several of the feedbacks with excuses as to why the customer is wrong. and then make no changes before the next big online sale. repeat.

Agreed….
Here was a prime opportunity to show some love to a loyal fan base, who (for the last few years) has been forced to buy needed discs at re-seller and collectible prices.
Instead, they go for the easy and quick.
They would have made the same money if they had limited qtys.
They were all going to sell anyways, but MANY more of their fan base would have benefited!
Instead, they sold large quantities to fewer buyers to limit their labor and trouble.
VERY disappointed with a company that I had always associated with customer awareness and customer appreciation.

Agreed….
Here was a prime opportunity to show some love to a loyal fan base, who (for the last few years) has been forced to buy needed discs at re-seller and collectible prices.
Instead, they go for the easy and quick.
They would have made the same money if they had limited qtys.
They were all going to sell anyways, but MANY more of their fan base would have benefited!
Instead, they sold large quantities to fewer buyers to limit their labor and trouble.
VERY disappointed with a company that I had always associated with customer awareness and customer appreciation.

You hit the nail on the head. They were gonna sell the same amount regardless, and this way the shipping/logistics/packing was slightly easier. They profited the same (or more), I highly doubt they care, contrary to what anyone working for them is about to say (if anything).

There's many other companies that make discs. I don't get all this discmaniacism. If you want a damn P2, get an Alpaca. In tons of plastics. Right now. For cheap. It's a P2. The real one, albeit a stupid name.

There's many other companies that make discs. I don't get all this discmaniacism. If you want a damn P2, get an Alpaca. In tons of plastics. Right now. For cheap. It's a P2. The real one, albeit a stupid name.

But it isn't. Different rim configuration.

Rainmaker is being released (Glow D Line Flex 3) in Mid July - $19.99.

Innova sells their glow d-line plastic for $12.99. I can't believe they are selling a baseline plastic putter for the same price as the premium plastic in the Evolution line. I definitely don't mind supporting Eagle (Assuming that is where 20-30% of $$$ is going), but man, $20 for a baseline putter is pretty wild.

Discmania Support Reply

You hit the nail on the head. They were gonna sell the same amount regardless, and this way the shipping/logistics/packing was slightly easier. They profited the same (or more), I highly doubt they care, contrary to what anyone working for them is about to say (if anything).

Don't worry if the public backlash is big enough, they will make a FB post apologizing and asking for feedback. He'll then reply to several of the feedbacks with excuses as to why the customer is wrong. and then make no changes before the next big online sale. repeat.

Dear Discmania Support,
I waited online for the Summer X-out Sale with eager anticipation.
Saw there were S-Line TDs available and was hoping for some CDs.
Logged in PayPal-ready.
Waited again for the extra hour, and noticed that you did not limit qtys.
So I went in, checked real quickly for CDs, grabbed a couple S-Line TDs and chose PayPal.
When my PayPal went back to the page, they were gone.
Now, this is the 2nd time this has happened to me at your online store, and I am trying to accept it with a degree of equanimity.
I understand that DM has been dealt a difficult hand, with Innova holding your Mfg hostage over the last few years.
But this incident has forced me to conclude that all your messaging about being customer-focused is demonstrably false.
What did you think was going to happen?
Every re-seller and opportunist with a DM account was going to get online and buy everything collectible or re-sellable by the dozens.
Meanwhile, loyal users such as I, just looking to get a few throwers were left empty and disappointed.
While boxing up 18 TDs and sending them all to the same address was a great labor saver for you, it's just left me thinking about switching to a disc company where I can buy a full range of discs without resorting to re-seller prices.
I won't even re-start the discussion about the shopping cart sniping…
This poor decision was on you, nobody forced your hand on this.
So, so, so disappointed.

Alright, we're going to summarize these three quotes above. You're welcome to follow up if you like. This inventory was a problem, a huge random thorn in the side of our warehouse management system with no real avenue to move them. Sure, we could have put them in mystery boxes as some people suggested but who would have even noticed or appreciated it on any level?

Surely you must notice that the recent releases of all new Originals discs have been fluid, flawless, and with ample inventory for all. We're very proud of that. This misstep is certainly not ideal and we are all sorry for that, that's for certain. All customers deserve the best even in situations like this. The fact of the matter is there is no time. We are out of time. Sky God releases next week, staff begins packing Rainmakers this week to retailers (a three week process), then June, July, August are going to be extremely action packed. If we did not release these now then the next opportunity would be something like October or November.

Logistical assumptions here are correct, however. We don't have the time at the moment to limit and segment these into 3000-5000 orders or you, the customer, aren't going to be happy waiting for your order to be shipped in a few weeks. Each action we perform has causes, benefits and ultimately, always a consequence no matter what.

And if we cared about the money and not the customer in any regard, these products would have been listed at much higher prices. We know the value and what we could have gained in addition but sold them at standard prices like we always do.

redbill;3817546 can you name a certain occasion that we have specifically told you or any other customer that you are wrong, ever?

Our company cares more than anyone will ever know. Lots of companies will simply let people say what they please and never reply at all, let alone have the CEO care so much that he's eager to give a glimpse of his working and personal life consistently. Do people stop for a moment to consider what such harsh criticism must do to someone's well being? Our staff arrives to work every day, eager to spread some joy to someone's life and ready to listen and reply to all that comes our way, regardless of how often we deal with constant insults and assumptions. We are as human as it gets and despite how often we try to be as honest as possible, it's disheartening to feel that no one truly believes that.

I'm sorry this is a little less bright and shiny of a response as everyone is used to so apologies on that. We're frustrated, too. We can't promise that there will never be an issue again but removing this inventory as quickly as possible allows us to properly plan and execute the things we've actually committed to doing.

Side note: Mystery boxes are going to be fire this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts