• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official Disc Pass 2 Thread

shipped today! my friend brian (hcdstudios) stopped by last night and swapped a few things as well.

I have the box and will ship tomorrow.

I don't know if its just bound to be anticlimactic after waiting and watching for a few months, and no offense to the folks before me, but I was pretty underwhelmed by the box. It's a cool idea, and I appreciate the work that goes into this.....yes here comes a but....

But, unfortunately for me the new discs in the box I do not throw (Xcaliber, Star Katana, Buzz, Glow Aviar (?), and the used discs were just not that appealing. A used and pretty nicked Pro Katana, really? The swag: used golf pencils, a novelty shotglass, some really beat up magazines and stickers??

I took the towel, a mini, and I removed the broken boxes of RIT dye because I think they might stain the contents of the box and I just don't know why we're shipping broken boxes of dye that you can get at the store for a couple bucks around the country, and they take up a lot of space. I will hold onto the dye, and if I am just wrong and it is super special hard to get dye I will send it on to the person who desparately wants it.

In place of the mini and the towel, I put in the "Disc Golf Fundamentals" DVD with Feldberg and Climo (watched once, it's pretty ok) two hand blown glass "mini markers" made by Mike Suhocki of ZuGlass, three mini bird Roc patches, and a never thrown Star Teebird with my ink. I had several cool discs picked out to add to the box, but not enough room with the stuff thats in there.

Sorry to be such a downer dick, or if anyone takes offense, but the two discs I had my eyes on in the last pic were both gone and I'm just a little bummed at how this turned out. I'm not laying blame on anyone, just sayin. My advice to the next person and if consensus agrees: someone take out the crappy stuff like used golf pencils and magazines and torn stickers and stick in another decent disc if it will fit.

If I have mistakenly taken your name off the list or put it in the wrong spot please let me know and I will fix the mistake.

Becasue we are trying to move this box along as fast as possible, if you get skipped because you dont respond to someone asking for your address, you will be moved to the bottom of the list. We can always move you back up but most of the time if you miss one turn you miss the next one and several after that

A true updated list

Updated list. We are not accepting any news names right now.

If you cant meet the requirments that were spoken about please ask to have your name removed from the list. Soloman did a great job of putting the box back on track and if box goes back in the dumper we are going to have a problem

If you need to be skipped or taken off the list please let me know.

Keep the box moving

MrFixIt
Glong
maansmit
Soloman.trenton
Mattallica
Lopan12
wabrown23
Fishy
Todd Wiley
New013
Shtfox13
discddwn
barneco
Djren12
Agapedad
Kenjiac
Eco81
Midrangemachine
Discaddict
Shroom
Crchapman86
Olkok
NOSteveLA
MikePinchico
Jcrab66
Big game brewer
dankuvrymuch
412disc
Kgroff25
RAWB
the gov'na
solomon.trenton
Lopan12
erock216
sgamerp
fishy
basketcase15
Todd Wiley
drew197
hugoman
new013
GLong
Matt B.

Done^^^^^

strangewayfarer
Agapedad
mcghetty517
midrangemachine
kzap94
beaverflip
discdad
pdiddy71
tarel
NOSteveLA
big game brewer
Jecroisque
treehate
_.-Dut-._
Haynes
Thornburg
RD22
lxdawg25
wabrown23
jkp21
707 Roc

Actually his post kinda bums me out. I was pretty excited about the discs I put in. 5 in, 4 out. I thought they would be cool for someone who does not live right near a major store to see the 2 back (bottom) stamps. I know I put in 2 that had been thrown, but I was pretty upfront about the condition and they were both TyeDye. And a brand new ION putter...I thought someone would love that as something they had not tried before.
I was not over interested in the swag, it was all about the discs for me so I barely paid attention to it except to move it around to get the discs back in the box.

I loved this so much I still check every day to see what happening with the box and would love to get on the list for the next box.

I'm with Hugoman on this one. I definately enjoyed both times that I had the box. The swag seemed sweet to me, as I always swapped out stickers and other misc. As for discs, I really tried to put in discs for people to try, most of them were snatched up quickly. My wife and son enjoyed checking out everything as well.

Sorry to be a downer people, I do appreciate the work that went into the box. Hugo - the Buzz was still there but none of the others, so it was not directed at you, or anyone else for that matter. I realize this is just how it works sometimes. I can understand putting used stuff in for used, and I don't know what was taken for what was replaced. But I think a bag of used golf pencils, a used Pro Katana with big gouges, and a bag of busted open Rit dye boxes is just silly. Sorry if that bums people out. Just my bad luck that I don't throw any of the new discs that were in there, and generally don't like tournament stamps from tournaments I didn't play.

Me being disappointed is not a reflection of everyone who put great stuff in, I probably should have just kept my yapper shut.

I put in stuff worth way more than I took out, for what it's worth.

I got the box Thursday, shiped it Friday, expected delivery to NC Tuesday.
Tracking number:
420 28387 9505 5000 2344 2195 0001 27

i kind of felt the same way that matt does... some of the stuff in there is a little weak. the terrible fullcolor discraft disc needs to be tossed. the stamp is way off center and looks cheesy. i tried to upgrade it as well as i could but there was almost nothing that caught my attention.

i took the ion out because it had gotten badly warped in the box and needs to be flattened. i will do my best with it and PIF to a fellow golfer who can get some use from it. be careful about packing too much stuff in there. squeezing in an extra one isn't always worth it.

Not to be a downer but whoever has the box before me please let me know whats in there before sending. If theres nothing in there at least decent i wouldnt put in what i got for the box for some b.s. someone dropped in there. I appreciate all the effort that goes into putting something like this together, but, it doesnt seem right to be basically forced to take some under par plastic for premium, or to possibly take nothing out and just pay to ship it out to the next. Just saying

Tracking number: 9405 5036 9930 0079 8826 67
Took out: A Lat 64 Sticker, A wizard mini, birdie beads, Glow Aviar, Champ Valk, KC Pro Cheetah
Put in: 2 Hand turned cedar minis, a new champ Boss, New glow Roc, & a Champion Aviar

When putting it back in box I absolutely could not fit in without horribly crushing so I traded out the two used Katanas for a new Echo Star Katana.

If I have mistakenly taken your name off the list or put it in the wrong spot please let me know and I will fix the mistake.

Becasue we are trying to move this box along as fast as possible, if you get skipped because you dont respond to someone asking for your address, you will be moved to the bottom of the list. We can always move you back up but most of the time if you miss one turn you miss the next one and several after that

A true updated list

Updated list. We are not accepting any news names right now.

If you cant meet the requirments that were spoken about please ask to have your name removed from the list. Soloman did a great job of putting the box back on track and if box goes back in the dumper we are going to have a problem

If you need to be skipped or taken off the list please let me know.

Keep the box moving

MrFixIt
Glong
maansmit
Soloman.trenton
Mattallica
Lopan12
wabrown23
Fishy
Todd Wiley
New013
Shtfox13