• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

I have Zones in pretty much all of the plastics. Pretty sure it's more the rim shape causing me issues. The thing I seem to get a lot of are early releases. Almost like the disc is slipping out of my grip. I don't have this issue with deeper rims like on the Pig and Harp or pretty much any other type of putter.

I did play the other day and committed to throwing the Zone where I would normally be reaching for my Pig and I was pretty successful.

There is a short course really close by where the front nine are all under 250'. Instead of a Pig only round I might just play a Zone only round and see how it goes.

Well, I got some holes in with the Zone last night. Off the tee backhand on three short holes (176', 181', 192') and had a combined putting distance of about eight total feet for those three holes.

I used it for an upshot on a 435' hole and kind of grip locked it and sent it wide right. Totally a misfire on my part.

While I was mostly working on the backhand, I did find myself pinned behind a tree and forced to throw a forehand flex to get to the basket for a par putt.

I think if I stick with it I can learn to throw the Zone on a backhand and maybe get to the point where I can just bag an Envy and Zone for my short game.

Well, I got some holes in with the Zone last night. Off the tee backhand on three short holes (176', 181', 192') and had a combined putting distance of about eight total feet for those three holes.

I used it for an upshot on a 435' hole and kind of grip locked it and sent it wide right. Totally a misfire on my part.

While I was mostly working on the backhand, I did find myself pinned behind a tree and forced to throw a forehand flex to get to the basket for a par putt.

I think if I stick with it I can learn to throw the Zone on a backhand and maybe get to the point where I can just bag an Envy and Zone for my short game.

You can do it, bruh. I bag a Zflx and a JB that's working into straightish. Zflx is 90% FH, I'll throw the JB both BH and FH.

I compliment them with an Ohm and my beat JB Roach for a flippy thrower and outside the circle putting. What do you putt with?

You can do it, bruh. I bag a Zflx and a JB that's working into straightish. Zflx is 90% FH, I'll throw the JB both BH and FH.

I compliment them with an Ohm and my beat JB Roach for a flippy thrower and outside the circle putting. What do you putt with?

I have a ZFlx in the bag now for the hit and stick shots and I'll have to try the Z, Ti, and ESP to see which one I'll pair with it when I want a little ground action. I have a jawbreaker but the ZFlx kicked it out of the bag a while back.

I currently putt with Judges. Kind of started out with them and after some time with P2's and Wizards I recently went back to the Judge because I like the shallower feel and they carry a little better for me on putts.

I have an ESP Zone that I throw on most every upshot, however, I am looking for one that will beat in quicker to become my driving putter. I was between Jawbreaker and the Soft Zone. How does the soft plastic from discraft compare to other brands equivalent. And do any of y'all do the same thing and throw beat in zones for your main driving putter?

I have an ESP Zone that I throw on most every upshot, however, I am looking for one that will beat in quicker to become my driving putter. I was between Jawbreaker and the Soft Zone. How does the soft plastic from discraft compare to other brands equivalent. And do any of y'all do the same thing and throw beat in zones for your main driving putter?

You may want to consider a Putter Line Zone as well (formerly D plastic?). Doing something similar as I am using this one to beat in quickly and compliment my Cryztal Flex Zone. Like to forehand the Cryztal one and backhand the Putter Line. Personally not a big fan of soft plastic so the Putter Line plastic seems to work better for me.

I've got 5 Zones in my bag. Z for beef. Then 4 Putter Line Zones in all different stages of wear. From near new to slightly flippy. I'm just so accurate with them. The Soft plastic also isn't really Soft. More like a Medium from Trilogy. Really nice plastic.

Anybody thrown the new DD Culprit yet? Looks pretty much identical to the Zone from what I've seen so figured I'd ask here before making a new thread about it

Jawbreaker Zones restocked on the Ledgestone website. I've had a hard time finding them in JB so grab a couple if you want to beat a Zone up relatively quickly.

I'm not a big fan of DC Soft plastic either. It doesnt deform badly (like old one-throw R-Pro) but it takes scuffs and cuts if you look at it wrong. Its also too stiff to have good kinetic absorption on ground hits, so it's not a good 'hit and stick' plastic.

I'm not a Disc Craft expert, but I have yet to find a Zone in good 'hit and stick' plastic. I've tried Soft, Z Flx, ESP Flex, LE Rubber and are all way too stiff in the rim. I dont have a jawbreaker Zone, but the jawbreaker I've felt was pretty stiff too.

They need K1 Soft. In fact, everyone who makes approach discs needs K1 Soft.

I do bag a Soft Zone for seasoning, even though it doesnt change the ground play the way I'd like it to. I also bag a Z Flx that's there to act like a fresh Zone every time.

I don't care about sticking
But which premium zone plastic has the best hand grip?

As in, least slick?

I don't care about sticking
But which premium zone plastic has the best hand grip?

As in, least slick?

My favorite Zone is a glow ESP FLX. Awesome grip. Probably not easy to find these days.
Also hits & sticks, although you probably don't care about that. ;)

I honestly think esp is the most slick

Agree about recent ESP. I think any of the FLX blends have decent grip - Z, cryZtal, ESP. Honestly not pimping for Ledgestone but they had a bunch of blends I wasn't even aware of, even an ESP flx.

ESP would be my recommendation.

Agree about recent ESP. I think any of the FLX blends have decent grip - Z, cryZtal, ESP. Honestly not pimping for Ledgestone but they had a bunch of blends I wasn't even aware of, even an ESP flx.

I was referring to the old esp since that's all I've experienced

But I also don't like the flx plastic, too gummy

Old school ESP is not as slick as it has been the past few years, the McBeth era, if you will.