• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ohio Meet Thread

ohio meet 2011

• Gordon Holton / Alum Creek / Brent Hambrick

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Deis Hill / Arboretum-Spiker Park / Lincoln Park

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Buck Creek / Handyman Ace Hardware DGC / Belmont Park

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Pickerington DGC / Flat Rock DGC / Hocking Peaks

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Brent Hambrick / Lobdell Reserve / Horns Hill

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
If I just happened to be in Oregon while a dgcr meet up was taking place I would definitely attend. Plus knowing how you play, I'd like to see some nice shots :)

Hey all, I don't have time to read all the posts so I'll just post my situation. I'm currently injured and won't be available to play until after the first week in June. I have a few friends that might be interested and my vote would be for the Columbus or Dayton area. It's about a 3.5 hour drive to either and I dont' see myself waking up at 4 in the morning to meet up any earlier than 10 AM. So yeah I'm interested. Just not sure I'll fit in with the timeline and everyone elses schedule and geographical location considering i live in Michindiano.

If I just happened to be in Oregon while a dgcr meet up was taking place I would definitely attend. Plus knowing how you play, I'd like to see some nice shots :)

I drove out for the Socal meet at Lake Casitas and it was awesome. It was definitely worth the trip and I would do it again in a second.

Hey all, I don't have time to read all the posts so I'll just post my situation. I'm currently injured and won't be available to play until after the first week in June. I have a few friends that might be interested and my vote would be for the Columbus or Dayton area. It's about a 3.5 hour drive to either and I dont' see myself waking up at 4 in the morning to meet up any earlier than 10 AM. So yeah I'm interested. Just not sure I'll fit in with the timeline and everyone elses schedule and geographical location considering i live in Michindiano.

You are in luck, we are thinking of holding this shindig in September sometime, although its looking like there is something going on about every weekend. Go ahead and vote for whichever location you would prefer, as I'm sure we won't be having in until after June for sure.

So I take it you won't be at Ottawa Park Sunday to collect your winnings from the winter series? :CaptainObvioussmiley:

The location poll will be left up until mothers day. So make sure to love your mother and vote for where you want to meet up and play :)

ATTENTION ALL!!!

Sound off if you're interested in getting a t-shirt at the meet up. Let me know what size you wear to make ordering easier.

They will be the dry fits like the shirts discraft has. they will be 14.00 each to order, so I say we all just go 15.00 for the shirts and put the extra dollar to payout the top 3.

Thoughts?

That's probably the best way to do it to keep the prices low. Any volunteers? I would love to help, but I wouldn't even know where to start to create a logo.

Oh and I will definitely want one.

Last edited:
I'll sketch up an idea and then someone who's good at making pencil drawings into sweet computer graphics could take it from there.

I have a little skill at creating computer graphics. Send me your sketches & ideas SmoothSailor and I'll play around with them.

I'll have something posted by mid week. The only thing we will do is leave the weekend off the date until we are sure of exactly what weekend it will be and where it will be, so something generic will suffice for now.

i am probably not going to get a shirt, just fyi

however, should you have extra shirts at the meet and i have some extra coin, i may ask to buy one there

Up to 27, man if that many people come this should be great. If there's anyone out there that thinks they might be able to to make it, get your votes in, I think the poll is up until the 8th.

I think next up is the date. I hate to say it, but looking at the PDGA Events plus what others have mentioned September is looking pretty tight.

Without going back through the whole thread, I believe the only weekend that someone doesn't have going on is the last weekend of September. I think I recall the Vibram Open being the first weekend the 2nd-4th, and I also think there is a tournament at Mt. Airy in Cincinnati the weekend of the 9th-11th. I might have a tournament the following weekend, 17th and 19th, but I that's not 100% yet. Just thought I would throw all that info out there in one post and we could get the ball rolling on that discussion.

Anyone have any other ideas or questions or dates that won't work? I know we probably won't be able to work it out for every single person, but we can definitely try.

I will potentially be there dependent on the date and place, but haven't voted or anything because my schedule is always subject to change at a moments notice!

Latest posts