• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST 2015 -- DGCR's 7th annual disc dyeing contest!

Alright Bennett, it is time to spill the beans on your "Welcome to Camp" entry!

We want lots of PICS and some DISCUSSION :D!

I didn't really take any pictures, I might have one from just the black though, I'll check.

Really, it's just a LOT of weeding. Lots....and lots.....of weeding.....

Weeding an image like this takes patience and time, and you don't want to break your concentration for very long or you'll never get it done. So, I don't have any progress pics, but rest assured I am still finding small pieces of vinyl all over my place, clothes, dye gear, etc... Very frustrating and straining to work on such detail and such small pieces, but the results are worth it, and that's the mantra that plays in your head, "it'll all be worth it...." :hfive:

The black was dipped, as was the red, the rest was painted with dye mix and disc soap. The blue in the lake was worm dye, but diluted a little bit to achieve the smooth blend.

I didn't really take any pictures, I might have one from just the black though, I'll check.

Really, it's just a LOT of weeding. Lots....and lots.....of weeding.....

Weeding an image like this takes patience and time, and you don't want to break your concentration for very long or you'll never get it done. So, I don't have any progress pics, but rest assured I am still finding small pieces of vinyl all over my place, clothes, dye gear, etc... Very frustrating and straining to work on such detail and such small pieces, but the results are worth it, and that's the mantra that plays in your head, "it'll all be worth it...." :hfive:

The black was dipped, as was the red, the rest was painted with dye mix and disc soap. The blue in the lake was worm dye, but diluted a little bit to achieve the smooth blend.

Just curious what plastic is that? Your glow's POP so well. I know the technique in taking the pic helps but you already covered that for us.

Just curious what plastic is that? Your glow's POP so well. I know the technique in taking the pic helps but you already covered that for us.

Glow Z Buzzz. I love to dye glow discs, especially Z/Champ type plastics, because they are often the only way to find those plastics in white. I look for opaque so the colors are more true, and obviously want the most glow if I can choose.

I also like dyeing on Buzzzes and other flat discs for high detail work like this. A flatter canvas makes it easier to work on when you have so much to do.

Latest posts