• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST 2015 -- DGCR's 7th annual disc dyeing contest!

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer

21139797935_f4076181e3_o.png

----- DGCourseReview's 7th Annual Okthrowberfest -----

The best dyers. The biggest payout. Hands down the best annual disc golf dye contest anywhere!

--- click here to see last year's entries and results ---

Thanks to the generosity of individual donors and INCREDIBLE support from some of the biggest names in our sport, this year's total payout value is going to be massive!

All you need to do to enter is to dye a disc with your interpretation of what you think OKTHROWBERFEST could represent -- the changing seasons, the scariest of Halloween horrors, German beer festivals -- use your imagination!

Anyone can enter -- maximum TWO entries.

No sharpie art, paint, etc -- All discs entered must be a legally dyed disc(no added weight).

Submit your dyes by sending an email to [email protected] with the title "Okthrowberfest entry".
Please include:
-- a clean and clear picture of your disc,
-- the title of your entry,
-- your DGCR name,
-- your real name,
-- your address to ship prizes to.

Entries will be finalized Sunday, October 25th, at Midnight CENTRAL, followed by voting through an open thread to determine the winners.

Please keep in mind, there is NO ENTRY FEE. This contest is supported and made possible by the generosity of individual donors and some incredible sponsors, including Prodigy Disc, Legacy, Dynamic Discs, Skulboy, inbounds, KWsDiscGolf, and many more! Please support those who support dyers and the contest! (full sponsorship list and detail will be posted with the dyes after the entry deadline)

Payout will stretch deep into the field, as always!

In addition, three lucky entrants will win a disc of choice out of my personal dye inventory -- Three winners will be chosen at random just for entering, and will have a plethora of fantastic dye canvasses to choose from, including but not limited to:
Cryztal clears,
uber pearly white Champion/ Z-type plastics,
snow white Star/ESP-type plastics,
bottom-stamps,
and all variations of glow plastics

Get your fingers flexed and your blades sharpened --- I have no doubt that year SEVEN will be the best Okthrowberfest we've ever seen!

SEND YOUR ENTRY/S IN AN EMAIL TO [email protected] BY MIDNIGHT CENTRAL TIME ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25th--- I will post them all together after the deadline so everybody can vote on them all at once.

Don't go chucking up your entries in the Dye-A-Day thread!

GOOD LUCK!

Is voting going to go the same as last year, with entries randomly divided into to 2 groups, and then the best of each competing in the finals? Or does that all get figured out once you know how many entries there will be?

Is voting going to go the same as last year, with entries randomly divided into to 2 groups, and then the best of each competing in the finals? Or does that all get figured out once you know how many entries there will be?

The site is limited in the number of entries per poll, so if we cross that number, we'll have two polls again. I think it worked out well last year, and was elated to have enough entries that we had to solve that issue!

Two more companies with pledges on board just this morning!

Community Discs is supporting our show AGAIN this year! Be sure to show Justin some love!

And we have a new supporter in Reptilian Disc Golf! So great to have them on board for 2015! Hit their site and thank jcassidy1990 on here!

You all know how this contest payout works and where it comes from --- without the support of great companies like this, the show doesn't grow to the INCREDIBLE display it's become! Support Okthrowberfest by supporting our excellent sponsors!

I will provide a full list and detail of the sponsors again this year once everything is in and before we list the dyes!

Shout out today goes to roggenb3, who donated a HUGE box of goodies! Plenty of premium plastic, and loads of swag ranging from minis, coozies, hats, towels, a birdie bag, and a Lil Wiz!

First entry is IN! Quite possibly the earliest we've had an entry done and entered.

GET TO WORK PEOPLE! So much to win, and we're paying out all the way again this year, so don't worry if you think you can't win, you will still do very well just by entering!

ALSO, added Trotter boxes/ Box4Discs.com to the list of sponsors today! Jim is sending a pack of 4 boxes in for the contest! I imagine the best use is to use them to ship to the top 4 winners since they're reusable. I LOVE the Trotter boxes and am personally very excited that they're on board!

ALSO, added Trotter boxes/ Box4Discs.com to the list of sponsors today! Jim is sending a pack of 4 boxes in for the contest! I imagine the best use is to use them to ship to the top 4 winners since they're reusable. I LOVE the Trotter boxes and am personally very excited that they're on board!

Jim is the man! x2 for them trotters.

Just a friendly reminder -- do NOT wait til the last minute to work on your entries! Hopefully you're all working on at the very least the design stage, and that some of you are even cutting. Every year we get a few who do hours upon hours of work only to miss the deadline. Don't let this be you! It's no secret that just for entering you're going to get something, so make it happen and get started NOW!

I will be posting a list of the prizes that are in this time next week, but TRUST ME, this is going to be an INCREDIBLE payout, and surely another INCREDIBLE display of talent and creativity!

I've said it before, but it bears repeating --- if you're hesitant to enter because you don't think you can win, THROW THAT THOUGHT OUT THE WINDOW! Each and every person is going to be awarded prizes AGAIN this year, thanks to the unbelievable support of some truly great companies.

All I ask of you is to give it your best, and PLEASE, support our sponsors! Without them NONE of this is possible, and the growth and success of Okthrowberfest is as much based on their efforts as is the dyers themselves!

I will post a full list of sponsors and prizes next weekend, just waiting on another couple packages!

Finally got my stencil ready for my entry, gonna hopefully finish it tomorrow night. Can't wait to see the other entry's! Especially yours Bennett, last year's was a masterpiece!

I am hoping I will have time this year. I want to thank everyone as if this far in the dyeing community that have helped and always been positive. There is a lot of amazing dyers here that are way more amazed no and creative then myself and I am humbled to be a part of any of it. But please someone take down Bennett ;)

Guys, you have this weekend, next week, and through next weekend to make this happen. DON'T WAIT! You know all too well that you simply want to ENTER no matter what, because YOU'RE GOING TO WIN PRIZES.
No entry fee, as always.
All we need from you is some dyes, and you get your picks at some ridiculous prizes, ANNNDDD keep this contest the best dyeing contest on the planet!
Good luck to all, and DON'T DELAY!

Why is Bennett yelling at us?! That avatar just makes me feel like I pissed dad off.

He's saying "GET TO WORRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKK!"

Entries MUST be in by Sunday night at midnight CENTRAL TIME!

Everyone's a winner, and it costs you NOTHING but a little time and creativity!

I know a lot of you are hard at work, and I can't wait to see what you do!

I will have a FULL list of prizes on Friday, I was hoping to do that sooner but I won't actually have all my hands on them until Monday actually but MOST will be in hand tomorrow, and I know exactly what's coming in on Monday, and THAT is an awesome package of goodies!

But you already know that, even without a detailed list, this is going to be a SICK prize pool, so GET YOUR ENTRIES DONE!

One in the final stages, one stencil printed and ready to be cut. My girl is almost finished cutting her first stencil and has plans on her second. Only a few days left!!!

Ok guys, just opened some of the prize packages.

In the simplest of terms..... If you're on the fence about entering, JUMP and GET IN ON THIS.

Seriously sick dye canvasses and swag to be had by all!

I will post some pics tonight, but know that it's an AMAZING pile of prizes!

Latest posts