• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Old Farts Only 40+ (no kids allowed)

What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?

• Total voters
You have nothing to do with my post, outside of advocating for Vicodin. Promotion of opioids, as long term treatment for aging, is irresponsible and dangerous. If you are pleased with their short term analgesic effects, good on you.

I have both, the former in part from lifting, moving and helping far too many opioid dependent patients.

https://www.cdc.gov/opioids/basics/index.html

That's not what I advocated but believe whatever makes you comfortable.

When I started playing at ~50, I played multiple rounds in a day.
At 64, I'm playing one round every other day.

But I'm better now than I ever was in my 50's.
Form beats power…

Well, I used to think that until last week, a 20-something throws a nose-up sky-high flick and out-drove me (a good drive for me) by 50 feet.

I was approaching the teebox of 18 at my local, and 3 young guns we're playing ahead of me. One of them pulls his drive straight into the trees which it audibly punches through. The disc continues straight down the fairway where it punches through the middle of a second tree. The disc finally lands 50' further down the fairway than I've ever thrown on that hole. One of his friends called him a lucky bastard. He just smiled and said, "Good things happen when you throw hard." I'll just have to take his word for it.

He trolls, antagonizes and projects in multiple threads on this board. Don't take it personal.
Then has the cojones to try to pin it on others. He is a long time troll though so they put up with him.
Oh, I've seen him before. A definite head case.

Not sure about that but always has an extra beer for me!

Did he admonish you not to litter the course before delivering said beer? Perhaps counsel you on the dangers of alcohol abuse and its potential as a gateway drug?

Did he admonish you not to litter the course before delivering said beer? Perhaps counsel you on the dangers of alcohol abuse and its potential as a gateway drug?

I would expect no less from a upstanding, crotchety, critchety, curmudgeonly fella. Ru4por tows a straight, hard line guided By a strong moral compass. I could tell you all about the alcoholics I know that have fallen below "functional", while I finish this beer... lot of sad tales.

My dad has been pushing his right to be an old curmudgeon from the get go... he's a lover of WC fields..

"I don't drink water Madame, fish f##k in it"

Haha.

I'm wondering if maybe someone isn't sneaking in here with some fake ID... how old are you really DTC?

:D you don't sound bitter enough...

Does anyone remember when we changed from being the young superstar on the job to the "old hand" ?

Last edited:
Does anyone remember when we changed from being the young superstar on the job to the "old hand" ?

ugh, that hits closer to home than I want to admit.

in other news, I got a Glitch! if that doesn't say "old man's golf" I don't know what does. I don't know if it's gonna knock the Zeppelin out of the bag because it's so straight, but we'll see. It might become my putter too, and knock my soft focus out of that slot. jeezus, I haven't had a "new" disc since the fission photon, I think.

Got a Pure White Wizard the other day wanting something in that mold that is more durable. It's super straight, but has a red/white/blue stamp. It's kinda embarrassing, like, maybe they should have just gone all the way and called it Grand Wizard.

ugh, that hits closer to home than I want to admit.

in other news, I got a Glitch! if that doesn't say "old man's golf" I don't know what does. I don't know if it's gonna knock the Zeppelin out of the bag because it's so straight, but we'll see. It might become my putter too, and knock my soft focus out of that slot. jeezus, I haven't had a "new" disc since the fission photon, I think.

I support your old fart glitch.. Haha I'm not totally sold on em, but me an my buddy have been letting our local "legends" throw ours... there's going to be more glitches here very soon. All the old fellas like em so far.

Well, I officially have an older physiology to go with the chronology. I've done something (without really doing anything) to my elbow, and now I can't even pick up my laptop without it letting me know. I've already rolled back to one round a week and daily ice. Funny thing is I feel it in the BH rather than FH where I'd expect it. Furrowed brow.

JUST POSTING FOR FUN…

Kids, damn kids on my lawn. It never used to be popular and crowded. – DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE THAT PERSON?

The sun is hotter than it used to be! - FAIR ENOUGH

Too many discs! Back in my day it was a putter, mid and driver. – STILL IS, BUT… 5 putters, 10 mids and 10 drivers (but i know what you mean) ;)

The reclassification of my current distance driver as a "fairway driver" – WHY? THERE ARE BETTER DISTANCE DRIVERS OUT THERE! :confused:

Mowed and manicured courses, back in my day the rough was rough! - MANICURED COURSES ROCK! BUT SHOULD STILL HAVE A ROUGH! :hfive:

Thumber, tomahawks, OH.. That's not how a disc is supposed to fly dumbass – 100% AGREE!!!!!!! :clap:

Some 14 year old throwing 200' further than me. - YOU GUYS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall:

LASTLY, I'M COMING UP ON 60, AND I'M NOWHERE NEAR AN OLD FART, JUST DON'T MAKE CLIMB A HILL OR JUMP A WATER HAZARD! :D