• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Opto Culverin

C Short

Bogey Member
Anybody know anything about this new disc, flight numbers or release date? I heard maybe early feb. just checking to see if anyone else has any info.

On the trilogy Facebook page, I think they are saying overstable control driver. So I'm thinking maybe something 10 speed range but no one seems to have much info or they just ain't saying yet.

I'm kind of confused on the Culverin...don't get me wrong, I'm intrigued and will definitely pick one up to try...but, it looks like a speed 7/8 from the pic (it's latitude, so they'll probably mark it up a speed to a 9) and I can't really tell from the pic but it looks a little domey. Being labeled as an overstable control driver, where would this fit between the felon and saint pro. Or, I guess talking only Lat, the Spark and the Saint Pro. I throw my felons and saint pros out to about 350' on the course, and between these two molds (in various stages of wear) I have everything from beef overstable (gummy sparkle felon) to slightly understable (beat saint pro) covered. I don't know...I'm just curious to see where this fits in the lineup and how it will compare to the Felon (or spark) and Saint Pro. My wife is going to kill me after all these disc purchases recently, and to come.

Last edited:
I don't think lat knows what they're trying to do anymore.

I like lat, but they seem confused.

I agree. It seems like they're just making more discs just because and between the three companies (the trilogy..) they come out with the same disc all at once. i.e. Sampo, Spark, Convict.

I agree. It seems like they're just making more discs just because and between the three companies (the trilogy..) they come out with the same disc all at once. i.e. Sampo, Spark, Convict.

Yeah, Spark and Sampo are not really that similar. Like saying a Banshee and a Starfire are the same disc. But the Convict and Sampo are close enough that comparison can be made. You also have to remember that these are not the same companies, they just have a simi-close relationship. If Westside and DD both ask for an overstable control driver at the same time, Lat will oblige them because Lat is being paid to do so.

Last edited:
Well, one thing this new disc has done has caused me to look up what a culverin actually is. Cool bit of history to learn.

Cool name, could be neat. I'll wait and see what people who have thrown them think but I'm pretty happy with my bag right now.

I don't think lat knows what they're trying to do anymore.

I like lat, but they seem confused.

They are trying to hit that Teebird/PD bullseye and keep getting that green ring around the bullseye.

Looks like the flight #s are 9 5 0 3

Over on reddit they were quoting John E that it will slot in between the Saint Pro and the Felon.

Looks like a pretty nice disc.

So knowing Lat64's flight numbers (they seem to usually mark things a bit more OS than they really are), this is basically their Thunderbird.

So knowing Lat64's flight numbers (they seem to usually mark things a bit more OS than they really are), this is basically their Thunderbird.

Wouldn't that just mean that they mark them as os as "their" flight numbers say they are, not Innova's? I would agree that Trilogy's numbers don't match up with Innova's, but knowing that it is pretty easy to tell what the disc will do (except maybe some of the Westside drivers, those I think are not very accurate when compared even to other Westside drivers. I'm looking at you King).

Wouldn't that just mean that they mark them as os as "their" flight numbers say they are, not Innova's? I would agree that Trilogy's numbers don't match up with Innova's, but knowing that it is pretty easy to tell what the disc will do (except maybe some of the Westside drivers, those I think are not very accurate when compared even to other Westside drivers. I'm looking at you King).

Haha, well I really don't have much use for flight numbers; I think they're kind of useless anyway, given how inconsistently a lot of discs mold up. However, if a company takes a flight number rating system almost verbatim from another company, but changes it ever so slightly to try and make their discs look "faster" or whatever, well... Innova did invent the system that Lat64 uses so their changes to it just make it more confusing to people trying to compare discs across companies. Also, I might add that saying a disc has "0" HST is supposed to mean that when thrown at the intended speed, that disc does not turn (or need to be hyzer flipped to avoid turning), and that just isn't the case for some Lat64 molds (and probably won't be the case here either).

Latest posts