• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Opto Mace

I compared an opto mace to Dyemax Mace and a moonshine verdict. I would say the mace has a touch less HSS than the moonshine verdict and a touch less LSS. But it's definitely a pretty beefy mid.

However, the Opto mace is no where near Drone or Zone beefy. It's a very straight to OS mid, but definitely not utility OS.

I should have a couple of maces arriving today. I'm really excited to put the zero hard up against some kc rocs. Should be a fun little experiment.

My opto maces are over stable. They feel a lot like my gl when i first got it. Which is great because my gl has beaten in to a money straight approach disc.

Really? I've never thrown a kc pro as stable as my opto maces. They aren't even max weight.

I've never thrown an Opto, and I assume it would be more overstable, but the Zero Hard was a disappointment for me. Not a bad disc, but just didn't have that same Roc flight. Great plastic though. I wanted it to work...

I should have a couple of maces arriving today. I'm really excited to put the zero hard up against some kc rocs. Should be a fun little experiment.

I've never thrown an Opto, and I assume it would be more overstable, but the Zero Hard was a disappointment for me. Not a bad disc, but just didn't have that same Roc flight. Great plastic though. I wanted it to work...

My bad, I should have read the post and then responded. "Zero Hard" not opto. Can't say I know how the zero hards are. One of the main reasons I love the mace is that it comes in amazing premium plastics. I play in PA where all of the courses are heavily wooded and base plastic discs get eaten up so fast they aren't worth throwing.

Yeah after feeling these bad boys...I really wish they would fly like a roc. Zero hard feels insane. I love this plastic.

Where is everyone sitting with the mace at this point? I really liked the zero hard and GL from the few chucks I gave them. I have a ton of rocs that I'm sitting on that could sell for a nice amount. Considering moving some to pick up an Opto mace.

I took the Mace out of my bag a while ago. My gold line didn't have much high speed stability after a while and would turn a bit. I'm currently throwing a lucid Truth for my main mid and a lucid Verdict for more OS duties.

I really wanted to love the Mace but it didn't work out. I'm a long time Roc thrower and was hoping the Mace was going to be the premium plastic replacement. Great disc but lacks the glide of a Roc. In addition, the gold line and zero hards I was throwing lost the stability I enjoyed when new. I'm back on the Roc bandwagon with a twist...I'm now throwing Roc 3's in both champion and pro plastic. Better distance with the Roc 3 and much better HSS.

I really wanted to love the Mace but it didn't work out. I'm a long time Roc thrower and was hoping the Mace was going to be the premium plastic replacement. Great disc but lacks the glide of a Roc. In addition, the gold line and zero hards I was throwing lost the stability I enjoyed when new. I'm back on the Roc bandwagon with a twist...I'm now throwing Roc 3's in both champion and pro plastic. Better distance with the Roc 3 and much better HSS.

Bummer to hear. I'm a KC roc fanatic but I always want to try other roc like discs. All of my KC rocs are pre flight number (before innova wonked out the rim and slanted it). I absolutely love the new breed of champion like plastics (Opto, JL, etc.) and Id love to have a beefy champ "roc/mace that is affordable, readily available & non slanted rim. We will see how it goes. Streets just hooked me up with a great deal on a mace he's never thrown. I'll report back if anyone cares lol

My opto mace is just stupid OS. Not sure if its a fluke or what. I carry 3 ZH in different stages of wear (new, slightly beat straight, hyzerflip to turnover). The opto one is new, and is like a longer zone for me.

Bummer to hear. I'm a KC roc fanatic but I always want to try other roc like discs. All of my KC rocs are pre flight number (before innova wonked out the rim and slanted it). I absolutely love the new breed of champion like plastics (Opto, JL, etc.) and Id love to have a beefy champ "roc/mace that is affordable, readily available & non slanted rim. We will see how it goes. Streets just hooked me up with a great deal on a mace he's never thrown. I'll report back if anyone cares lol

Ever thrown a max weight Z Wasp? For guy throwing 300-320 with DX Rocs these seem to get the job done well.

The bolded was my experience although I never tried an Opto. FWIW, i had the same experience with Legacy Ghosts as well.

Been throwing my 176g orange Opto Mace I got from Streets and it's $. 100% what I was hoping for. It provides the similar beaded scooped wing like a roc with a much more overstable finish. I'm throwing mine a ton for most all overstable hyzer lines with great results. These babies don't glide well and really like to just hook up and get down. When paired with a couple of seasoned KCs rocs, my mid lineup is a really becoming deadly. I really want to nab a 180g and see of it's even more os. I surely will be bagging this disc as long as it retains it's OS qualities.

It really is a nice disc, but it didn't find a way into my bag - I prefer the Pain. The Mace doesn't have enough high speed stability for my taste.

Latest posts