• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Orc like discs

I agree, its faster. But the feel isn't THAT much different. It has a similar flight as in that it turns over slightly, but has an overall straight flight with a moderate fade.

Im just putting out suggestions

Trespass feels nothing at all like an Orc. Wider rim for one. Its 2.1cm which would really be a speed 11, but I think it flies closer to a 12 speed. The trespass feels more like a wraith. Definitely not an Orc-y feel.

sell one of the 11x teebirds and have money to buy every disc on the market :hfive:

going by inflight I think the closest in flight would be CD/CD2/Tesla/OLF?

my suggestion is a PD, but I think it will fly a little more overstable.

They remain unreplaced. I dont have any more old pearly PFN gems unfortunately. I sold those a couple years ago before knowing how great they are. All I have is a champ or two and a pro. Been looking for a flat star but I cant find any. Not that Ive put much effort in to looking.

If had to put my orcs down and replace them right now, I'd put PDs in the bag.

I sold my pearly orcs like an idiot too.

I'm not a fan of the tesla but maybe I need to try it in plasma.

It sounds like you're looking for a Champion plastic CD2 from discmania.

Laser straight, with a stable finish. You can activate the -1 turn if you really get into you, you can throw hyzers, you can have ride anny's. A beautiful mold!

It sounds like you're looking for a Champion plastic CD2 from discmania.

Laser straight, with a stable finish. You can activate the -1 turn if you really get into you, you can throw hyzers, you can have ride anny's. A beautiful mold!

Probably the CD more than the CD2.

I'm also a lover of old flat pearly Orcs and haven't really had any trouble finding throwers inexpensively (less than $15). Plus they are virtually indestructible as I've bagged the same one for 10 years and it's still has big boy fade. The only disc I've ever found that was as easy to get up to speed and hold dead straight for 80% of the flight and then hookup for big fade is the Trident (and it's much slower/shorter). I'd suggest looking more diligently for the flat, pearly Orcs from 2004-2006.

I'm also a lover of old flat pearly Orcs and haven't really had any trouble finding throwers inexpensively (less than $15). Plus they are virtually indestructible as I've bagged the same one for 10 years and it's still has big boy fade. The only disc I've ever found that was as easy to get up to speed and hold dead straight for 80% of the flight and then hookup for big fade is the Trident (and it's much slower/shorter). I'd suggest looking more diligently for the flat, pearly Orcs from 2004-2006.

I must suck at searching for these. I tried a while back and had no luck finding any at a decent price.

I sold my pearly orcs like an idiot too.

I'm not a fan of the tesla but maybe I need to try it in plasma.

Try the Wrath. It is like a Tesla with all of the "new" knocked out of it.
I instantly clicked with the Wrath despite throwing the Tesla for six+ months

Trespass feels nothing at all like an Orc. Wider rim for one. Its 2.1cm which would really be a speed 11, but I think it flies closer to a 12 speed. The trespass feels more like a wraith. Definitely not an Orc-y feel.

I know its not an Orc.......

Jesus....

Its not like I said a BOSS is like an orc.

a Starfire is another close bet. an Avenger. as for Trilogy, a SAMPO

ok im out

I would pay $20 for the old orcs for sure. Ill look into that flash as well. I thought I was the only one who threw orcs.

I know its not an Orc.......

Jesus....

Its not like I said a BOSS is like an orc.

a Starfire is another close bet. an Avenger. as for Trilogy, a SAMPO

ok im out

Lol take it easy. Just making points is all. The feel of a disc in the hand plays a large factor in replacing a certain mold, in this situation.

Last edited:
Just judging the images: http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR5113840404521925944908613388O
I do think though that the HST number is more important than that flight picture. And then some of the other suggestions in the thread fit a lot better.

I got a Champ Orc from a friend as my first disc. Since I didn't want to loose it and I like trilogy plastic I tried replacing it with the Riot. I think it is a good replacement except that I sometimes feel that my arm speed is not enough to get the Riot on the right flight path. So I went slower to the Northman and that worked out great so far.

Back in the day, the original competitor to the Orc, was the Crush. I could always however drive the Orc farther than a Crush. Flight path was near identical.

Latest posts