• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] OS Roc Type Disc

I had an 05? USDGC Champ Rancho Roc (Nate Doss stamp) and that thing was almost Gator overstable.

Very domey and stiff.

So there's that.

Didn't they run some Glow FLX Wasps?

Those are probably pretty OS.

The Glow FLX Wasps I've thrown fly like the good ones (Raspberry Ti would be included in that list)

A lot of suggestions here, and a few good ones. But if you want a disc that feel and flies like a Roc but is more OS in premium plastic try a Phoenix Yao/Liquid Cell.

It feels just like a beadless Roc but is substantially more OS.

A lot of suggestions here, and a few good ones. But if you want a disc that feel and flies like a Roc but is more OS in premium plastic try a Phoenix Yao/Liquid Cell.

It feels just like a beadless Roc but is substantially more OS.

Nope. Sorry, Moose. Yikun is THE absolute most inconsistent manufacturer I've ever seen. I have a buddy who liked their stamps and ordered three Hu's. Every single one was a completely different disc. One was a meathook, one was slightly understable, and and the other was a rolllllllller mid at best. Much less glide than the other two. I have never thrown the Yao, but after watching him throw the Hu and throwing them myself, I cannot trust their quality control one bit. Terrible. There's no way that three discs in the same plastic blend and the same mold should perform like a Felon, Hatchet, and Stratus. Completely different and unacceptable QC.

Last edited:
I agree with AIM about the Vector. Feels like a Roc3, throws like a Roc3. One in max weight should be nicely OS.

I have not thrown a Tensor, but it's allegedly more OS than the Vector, so it might fit the bill here...

my vote is for the Sentinel as well! I have 2 domey sparkle Q-sents, a Brinster and a Sanny. I scored and found a gas station selling discs and had that old sanny! They are beef, I dont mind the current run sparkle they are OS and not OOP or limited production. For what its worth they fly for me from least to most OS like this Brinsters>Sparkles>Sanny.

Lots of people on here not reading the OP. He wants it to feel like a Roc and the Tensor feels nothing like a Roc. The Vector feels like a Roc, but if it throws like a Roc3, it's not going to be Gator-overstable, which is what he wants. He also explicitly said the Justice is too OS.

Nope. Sorry, Moose. Yikun is THE absolute most inconsistent manufacturer I've ever seen. I have a buddy who liked their stamps and ordered three Hu's. Every single one was a completely different disc. One was a meathook, one was slightly understable, and and the other was a rolllllllller mid at best. Much less glide than the other two. I have never thrown the Yao, but after watching him throw the Hu and throwing them myself, I cannot trust their quality control one bit. Terrible. There's no way that three discs in the same plastic blend and the same mold should perform like a Felon, Hatchet, and Stratus. Completely different and unacceptable QC.

Agree to disagree on this one. the drivers aren't perfect but it's no worse than I've seen from Innova or Discraft. I've had that same senario with Apes, about 1 in three flies much more under stable.

I've had several Yao, and now the Cell branded version and the are all the exact same, no difference in the dome, wing or flight.

Sorry for his experience though, it's very frustrating when they don't fly like they are supposed to.

Don't dump the Gator, get a Vector (max weight proton) or WASP (max weight Z) and use it to compliment the Gator. Otherwise try a Hornet (max Z), Sentinel, or Drone. I tried them but I couldn't dump the Gator for those windy headwind upshot that my Pig won't reach.

Yeah you could try a flat Glow C-MD3, but I don't know if that's going to be OS enough.

OP does throw really far.

If only they still made good flat Q Sentinels.

Yeah you could try a flat Glow C-MD3, but I don't know if that's going to be OS enough.

OP does throw really far.

If only they still made good flat Q Sentinels.

I grabbed some Glow C-MD3's off the discmania store, I must've gotten a freak one. It wasn't nearly as overstable as I thought it'd be. I had really high hopes, but it definitely did not handle headwinds as well as a roc3 would for me.

Latest posts