• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Clash Discs

hendryxdisc

Eagle Member
"A successful disc golf throw requires a relationship of trust and emotion between the thrower and the disc. Our goal is to make discs that are easy to learn, easy to understand, fit well in the hand and have a good feel.

We are a 100% Finnish disc manufacturer." - Clashdiscs.com

From the website they offer 1 premium plastic currently called Steady (opaque to clear and glossy) and 6 approved molds thus far:
Pepper - OS control driver,
Ginger - stable fairway
Mango - OS mid,
Berry - neutral/stable mid,
Mint - beadless approach putter,
Popcorn - beadless rounded shoulder putter.
The drivers and OS mid don't look like they are in US retailers yet.

I had never heard of them before this week's Jomez Practice Round for WACO. Nikko was throwing a handful of their molds and their food based naming scheme is kinda fun. The Berry and Mint seem like they could be pretty versatile based off the minimal YouTube videos of the discs.

Anyone have any experience with Clash Discs yet?

Last edited:
Nope. But my biggest fear is soon, the :popcorn: smiley will never be the same.

Iceberg TV did a small first impression video on YouTube in the past week or so.

Recently saw that, can't figure out how to embed the YouTube video :doh: but IcebergTV did a good job with their review. The approach putters and mids look worth a try for sure, tho I'm a sucker for the slow flying stuff. Berry looks like a fuse/mako3 and Mint (via YouTube comments "feels like an A2/Zone" but possibly less lss.

Bumping this up to see if people have thrown these. I held a few in person but haven't gotten to throw any yet.

Bumping this up to see if people have thrown these. I held a few in person but haven't gotten to throw any yet.

I have thrown the Mint in the Steady plastic 172.
I am very impressed with it.
Comfortable, easy to grip, very intuitive approach disc.
It is a Zone, Harp type approach disc, which I use regularly.

The Steady plastic is first class, good grip, a little flex to the flight plate but not sticky in the hand so the release is clean.

So far I have only thrown it in hot, dry weather (Indiana seems stuck there right now).

Flight wise I would call it an L shape rather than a C shape. Good solid straight flight followed by a strong fade.

I don't have enough time with it yet, but my early impression is that this one will stay in the bag.

Anyone here thrown a Honey? It's looking like the type of disc I love for max distance. Looking to be hard to find right now.

Anyone here thrown a Honey? It's looking like the type of disc I love for max distance. Looking to be hard to find right now.

Honey flies more stable than the numbers makes you think. More stable than Enigma or Grace, for an example. The inner rim is so round its hard to get good grip on it. I get more early releases than with any other disc. I gave it to my friend and he returned it to me for the exact same reason. I am dissapointed.

I was able to try out the Cookie some weeks ago. Its like Teebird but with extra glide. Really easy distance for 7 speed disc. I will give it a try when it gets officially released.

Honey flies more stable than the numbers makes you think. More stable than Enigma or Grace, for an example. The inner rim is so round its hard to get good grip on it. I get more early releases than with any other disc. I gave it to my friend and he returned it to me for the exact same reason. I am dissapointed.

Hate reading that. I am sure I would have issues with release too.

The only one I've tried is the Mango, buddy was hoping it would be like a Gila or Sentinal and it has a ton of turn. At least the one he got.

Deep feel for my liking but kind of flies like beat in Roc out of the box.

I was able to try out the Cookie some weeks ago. Its like Teebird but with extra glide. Really easy distance for 7 speed disc. I will give it a try when it gets officially released.

That rim shape sounds real unbecoming. Wasnt the Bohrium driver by Loft discs supposed to utilize something like that, allegedly making it fly farther?

BTW, Clash addressed the Nikko situation on UDisc - https://udisc.com/blog/post/clash-d...2HggVPxBfXbhLfMmusS8d6boz5wOto6jliJIJFy1Gl_vU

This is awesome, speaks well for the company, "After cutting Locastro from its team, Clash still paid for his flights to Sweden, where he's working with a professional who has helped Olympic athletes with the mental aspect of their crafts. Locastro and Clash are still frequently in touch about his progress."

BTW, Clash addressed the Nikko situation on UDisc - https://udisc.com/blog/post/clash-d...2HggVPxBfXbhLfMmusS8d6boz5wOto6jliJIJFy1Gl_vU

This is awesome, speaks well for the company, "After cutting Locastro from its team, Clash still paid for his flights to Sweden, where he's working with a professional who has helped Olympic athletes with the mental aspect of their crafts. Locastro and Clash are still frequently in touch about his progress."

Thanks for the link!

Proto Honey just came in. Cannot wait to throw this thing. It just looks super efficient and glidey. The top is domey like a Shryke. The bottom wing is sleek like a Maul/Hatchet. Just from gripping it on my patio, I really don't think I will have grip issues with this rim.

Ok, so bRUTUSS was spot on. I brought a variety of discs to throw with it, and the closest was an Iblend Emperor. The bad news... I felt like I got no great throws with it. The good news... even then, it somewhat kept up. I'll throw it a while to see what happens.

The Honey requires a lot of power to make it turn. When you get it to turn, it really keeps turning but still controlable. Been working on mine and it starts to give up the beefiness.

I heard the orange protos are little bit more understable or easier to beat in. Blues are stiffer and holds the stability longer. Mine is blue.

The Honey also got renamed. Its called a Wild Honey now.

Powergrip discs just got the Wild Honey in. I ordered an orange and a clear. Avoided the blue. Got a Soda as well, as that type disc comes up a lot in my game.

Update. These drivers appear to season as fast as or faster than Trilogy plastic. My original Honey, which flew like 0/2 at best, is now showing some turn even downwind. I had a throw on a straight hole yesterday where I normally throw something with little turn due to trees down the right side that went easily as far as any throw I have made there in the last 10 years. It turned a bit, but avoided the trees and went 375ish, which is way too far there. I can now add one of the newer ones for the cycle.

Looks like I lost my original Soda which really bums me out. It had some turn, but then some fight back. I bought out a new one yesterday and it was more like a fresh FD. Oh well, maybe it will turn up later.

Latest posts