• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Other discs like the Eagle X

yeah i wouldnt worry about it brotha.. i love my 11x Eagle-X's but i have thrown some of the newer flight number runs and they seem to be just as beefy ..maybe not the pearly goodness but still nice :thmbup:

Ascent in regular (medium) X-link is very much like a star Eagle X.

I took the eagle out of my bag for an ascent for a while, but it beat in too fast and was just not as reliable as my 11x I had been throwing for years. The ascent will work but beats in too fast.

The only Striker I've thrown was actually just slightly more stable than a Valkyrie. The River is kind of an Eagle L with silly amounts of glide.

Strikers are faster and can vary from Firebird overstable to almost Valkyrie understable. If you're willing to hunt around a bit they can take care of all your driver needs.

I don't know if it was a mistake or what, but at a recent tournament I was looking through the boxes of discs and there were 5 or 6 flight number stamped eagles that were without a doubt a different shape. I don't remember what the writing on the bottom was, buy the top was identical to a teebird's. Not sure if they were mis-stamped teebirds or funky eagles, but either way they were wrong.

It's a little slower but an ESP Cyclone is good at shaping lines like an Eagle X, not as good in the wind though.

The EXP1 from Millennium shares the same bottom wing as the eagle. The newer ones in pro plastic fly like an eagle too. The older CE ones fly like the beefiest eagle you could imagine plus some.

While there's still allot of them around, they're OOP.
Seriously, there's no reason at all to worry about the the Eagle X going away, nor being able to find replacements or back ups for the ones you like. It would be like Innova discontinuing the the Aviar or Roc, it's not going to happen.

Spreading mis-information doesn't help anyone. The EXP1 is still in production and has never been OOP.

After updating their site for the first time in years, I'd think any semi-reasonable disc company would drop their OOP products from the main line-up. EXP-1 is still there.

Personally a Tracker in ESP plastic flies a lot like a Star Eagle. A DX Eagle slightly beaten in flies pretty straight for me even a slight turnover. My Star Eagle is n ow beaten in to be almost magically straight, while my Champions can still fight the wind well.

After updating their site for the first time in years, I'd think any semi-reasonable disc company would drop their OOP products from the main line-up. EXP-1 is still there.

From the Ask Millenium thread on DGR:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5289&start=45

"Roy wrote:
When will we see the EXP in different plastic?
(answer from John via email) :

We're working on a faster version of the EXP. No plans to run that exact mold again in any material. So grab the existing ones while they last."

If the EXP and EXP1 are two different molds then I'm wrong and didn't mean spread and miss-information.

I would guess they still apear on their web site because they still have stock yet to sell.

Last edited:
I might be in the minority saying this, but I found the later runs (Discraft Swoosh stamp) of the discraft Z Reaper to be similar in speed and flight, which were less stable than the originals. I would sometimes interchange the two depending on course and time of year (winter). I was still partial to the CE Eagle X's, but I found the price for the Eagles to be more costly then trying to find the OOP Reapers. The reapers are still able to found for just about normal cost, you just have to look. MSDG should still have large amounts if you find you like them.

strikers were made to fly like 11x teebirds or so the story goes. basically they wanted to build a teebird. but again many strikers had different parting lines and really fly like a longer eagle X.

Strikers with dome fly like a 11x teebird. flat ones with high parting lines are eagle X flight.

problem with strikers from eagles is the striker is actually a bigger disc so doesn't feel the same. i think it gives them more control but the small rim on an eagle is probably prefered for real control shots.

..."Roy wrote:
When will we see the EXP in different plastic?
(answer from John via email) :

We're working on a faster version of the EXP. No plans to run that exact mold again in any material. So grab the existing ones while they last."
John has since sold Millennium. They did come out with a faster wind resistant disc, called the Quasar, which is no doubt what he was refering to in his ancient email reply.

^^Replacing a currently in production disc with a disc that has been oop for a few years doesn't sound too wise, does it?

OP, Star Eagles are great discs. No need to spread paranoia, just buy a couple dozen and sit on em. If the do become OOP, you'll be able to sell your stack for a premium and stock up on the latest hot disc that oop'd the Eagle.

Latitude strikers are pretty eagleish

in my experience i would disagree that strikers are similar to eagles...never thrown and eagle x but my striker flies more like a faster teebird with slightly less fade

Latest posts