• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Other things you bring besides discs

HardstyleBeast

Bogey Member
I know water and snacks are kinda obvious but what other things have you noticed are good to take along?

Make that 2-3 towels. I also try to carry a few bandaids and a small tube of antibiotic ointment, you'll find your buddies will appreciate real-time first aid.

Dude, you're giving away your competitive advantage! :p
• water
• towels (even when it's dry, to wipe off sand/dust)
• Golden Retriever
• trail mix if it's a long day away from home

I carry a ziplock bag with a rule book, $10-15 in fives and singles, a pen, a sharpie, a couple laminated re-useable scorecards, and a 2-meter measuring tape. Really handy if you tend to play a lot of competitive rounds, whether it's tournaments, leagues, or just making friendly bets with friends.

Here is my secret to tourney comfort: extra pair of socks. Whether it is wet or dry, a fresh pair of socks can really make a difference for that slow play second round.

Here is my secret to tourney comfort: extra pair of socks. Whether it is wet or dry, a fresh pair of socks can really make a difference for that slow play second round.

That's a good call. Not to mention, having clean socks available makes it much easier to take off your shoes and let your feet breath a bit during lunch.

Very good call. Comfort is important in competitive play. I always bring extra socks and an extra shirt for spring and summer tourney rounds... leave 'em in the car. Sometimes even an extra pair of shoes.

If we're talking what's in the car, then yeah, at least one full change of clothes, multiple pairs of socks and two extra pairs of shoes. The option to change socks/shoes between rounds is always good, but having a clean dry pair of socks and shoes to put on for the drive home is an absolute necessity.

In the bag: a gallon ziplock with a couple of extra towels, pair of socks, band-aids, and a neat tip for you: alcohol-based wet wipes (in the little packets) instantly soothe stinging nettles. :thmbup:

In the bag: ibuprofen (I'm 38, after all), a 5 hour energy, extra socks, gloves, hat, sharpies, 3-4 pencils, reusable scorecard, waterproof bluetooth speaker, 2 drinks, possibly a snack.

I carry a wooden dowel with 10 meters of twine wrapped around it to quickly measure CTP's and settle in/out of the circle arguments. Saves some time, is smaller and lighter than a measuring tape. I've thrown in over a branch to shake discs out of trees before too.

Hand warmers

I keep a little Tupperware container in my bag with a pocketknife, pencil sharpener:thmbup: ,band aids, hand sanitizer (for tree sap), lights/mini glowsticks, sharpie marker, extra pencil, and extra string for my retreiver. In my bag I also have an extra towel in a Ziploc, a birdie bag, and a flashlight called a "Larry Light" which is small but extremely bright for shining up my glow in the dark duct tape or searching for discs when a round goes too far in to the evening.

Latest posts