• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

overloaded terms: more stable

WoW! Touchy subject.

So, if someone asked me if my Xcal is stable, I would correct them and say, "no, its overstable".

but;

if someone asked me which is more stable, my Wraith or my Xcal I would say, "my Xcal"

You all are arguing two different points and two different usages of the word. Believe it or not, most of you are correct, but just don't realize the person you are arguing with is also correct

I agree with this^

Last edited:
Where's goldilocks the disc golfer to settle this.
Stability is measured in degrees
The terminology is just flawed if it was less stable then stable and then more stable it would be less confusing.
There's blondes there's dirty blondes and there's platinum blondes if someone asked who the blindest chick was most would say the platinum blonde. Duh
a course is marked on this site as heavily wooded moderately wooded and less wooded if someone wants to know which is most tree laden they assume heavily. Imagine if it was overwooded wooded and underwooded. WTF the initial terms r just wrong

If only my hyperstable and hypostable had caught on.

Everyone needs to have a disc in their bag that replaces the oh-so-confusing term "more stable"

For me, it's the Wraith. Everything else is either more overstable/more understable than that specific disc. Nothing is "More stable". When genersally speaking (ex. What is a good "stable" disc I could put in my bag?), stable discs refer to those that flight str8 up. The discs found in the center of the flight charts. Wraith, Teerex, Valk, Beast, or whatever. Arm speed and power all come in to play here, what is stable for one, could be understable for someone with more power and vice versa. When that Stable disc is picked, everything else is either...well you know. It's you're center point on your spectrum.

Overstable Terms:

-Overstable
Less -overstable
More -overstable

Understable Terms:

-Understable
Less -understable
More -understable

Stable Terms:

-Stable
Less -stable
.....................NOT "MORE STABLE".

Imagine if it was overwooded wooded and underwooded.

Finally a good analogy that will put an end to all these people's arguments who have some weird agenda to redefine the term "more stable". Everyone knows that more stable means more overstable. Just like more wooded would mean more overwooded in optidicic's example. If you still can't accept that is how the terms are used then just think of high speed stability as what people are talking about (mainly, because that actually is what people are talking about 99% of the time) A firebird is way more highspeed stable than a buzz or a mako etc.

I mean seriously, more wooded means less wooded lol (more stable means less stable) lol

Last edited:
Canada USA Mexico are all in north America
Canada is overnorth USA is north and Mexico undernorth in relation to say brazil
do u say Nebraska is more north than Manitoba just cause it's in the center of the USA

well, Where I play we refer to a boss as being more stable than a teebird which is more stable than a leopard...evidently I'm in the minority with Sidewinder and a couple of others...but everyone in the south florida area that I have played with uses it that way.

Latest posts