• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Overstable Fairway Drivers

Vipers are great, although tough to find nice ones in premium plastic.

The Champion Circle Stamps weren't too bad, and super overstable.

I agree it feels like a mini flick in the hand, it is so flat. The op specifically stated they do not want a Banshee since already uses it and prefers it for other things. So they should probably be aware of the Banshee-resistor comparison.

Well, he said the Banshee was not what he was looking for, but didn't say why.

The Resistor and Banshee will have a different feel, which might be advantageous to our OP friend.

With that kind of FH power you should be able to push a Zone out to 300.

Have you tried throwing one of the FAF Firebirds? Only goes about as far as a fairway driver, and is beyond stooopid OS.

The viper is probably exactly what you want. If I were you I'd try to get one of the new ones in the "jolly launcher" champ plastic. I have a couple and the things are super beef, they'll make any of the others look like pansies. If I start them with anhyzer and even put OAT on them, they start going left out of my hand...either that or you should look into a Gateway E Blaze, or Demon. The blaze is like a little bit fast whippet but more stable than trident. And the demon is pretty much a drone but I find the rim to be more inviting to a FH grip IMO.

I've looked into both the Demon and Speed Demon, do you like them? How is the plastic? I've only used Gateway putters.
The Demon is similar to a Drone. I find that discs like the Whippet and Blaze can do everything that they can and more. More specifically, it's easier to "range" with the Whippet and Blaze than it is with the Demon and Drone.

The Speed Demon is a high speed disc. I don't think it's what you're after.

Well, he said the Banshee was not what he was looking for, but didn't say why.

The Resistor and Banshee will have a different feel, which might be advantageous to our OP friend.

Don't want a Banshee since it's a little fast for this shot and has some initial turn. I don't really want a disc with more than a tiny amount of high speed turn. I use one some and will flip it if I flick it hard, good FH roller though.

Don't want a Banshee since it's a little fast for this shot and has some initial turn. I don't really want a disc with more than a tiny amount of high speed turn. I use one some and will flip it if I flick it hard, good FH roller though.

Your first try should be a whippet, I think it's your best bet. A tick or two slower and a couple ticks more overstable than a banshee.

I've looked into both the Demon and Speed Demon, do you like them? How is the plastic? I've only used Gateway putters.

Speed Demon is way too fast; Demon all the way.

I have never thrown one, but I hear a lot of good things.

Thank you guys for all of your help! I'm going to research these and I'll see which is the winner!

Try researching a Z or Ti Drone. I use it for all of my forehands from 150 to 275. Perhaps my favorite disc...