• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Overstable midranges

Anyone know how similar a new kc pro roc (what I throw) and a z wasp are? And can anyone rate the suggestions so far like roc, wasp, hornet, vector, pain, etc. in order of stability? And the torquing too much sounds interesting to me. How do I torque less?

For the first part, I can't answer haven't thrown a kc pro roc :(

To the 2nd part, it's repetition of just practicing mid range throws. To throw mid ranges with distance, you don't have to have a strong arm, but good form. With good form comes distance. (yes a big arm helps, but with bad form you'll end up further away from the target then with good form and a noodle arm)

I would personally suggest, taking your midranges to a field and just practice throwing them. Take a video camera and video tape yourself doing it, then post it here and get some pointers. To help immediately, put it on a little hyzer and don't throw the crap out of it.

Maybe someone with more experience can give you more knowledge, I've only been playing a little bit. Though I am sponge for knowledge.

It seems that the viper fits my bag. I am just starting to put it through the ropes now but so far so good.

pain! what kind of roc are you tossing? what kind of distance are you getting with the roc? have you tried a stiff kc roc? I used to use the pain but left it on a hole and I got a stiff KC that is almost identical but it has less glide. Maybe the trident or the gator if you are looking for a meet hook.

Never threw a hornet but love my flx drone, very controllable and reliable, great for blind birdies around a corner, haven't encountered a wind it can't grind through, it replaced my gator. Drone isn't very long nor fast but works great, one of my all time favs.

My bag us ALL Innova, except for one disc...a Wasp. There is a reason why.

When thrown flat and hard buzzz's and roc's turn to the right the majority of the flight... As of right now I'm thinking about a hornet but any recommendations would be great.

before buying a new mid are you sure this isn''t Off Axis Torque?

there's plenty of players throwing these discs flat and straight well into the 350 plus range

overall the Hornet is not a bad OS mid but it does like a lot of spin to get the best out of it

don't really have one.. i guess my TI buzzz would be the most overstable one in my bag

My midranges are:

12x kc pro roc (2)
ti buzzz
z buzzz
tourny warship (2)
z comet

warship does it all though.. it'll go straight, right or left for me, so predictably. give me one of those, a gazelle and a magnet and I'm set on any course.

I have a Z Wasp for light to medium overstable duties. Handles the wind very well and glides out very nice with a nice penetrating fade. For extreme overstable and when I need the disc to go out and come back to the left hard, I have a Z Zone, which I have absolutely fallen in love with, and a Z Drone for when I'm playing in tornado like conditions.

the best overstable/stable disc is one thrown with good technique.
if you turn a fresh roc over, you have bad form :(

btw, all innova except for a wasp? dude...

star roc ftw

before buying a new mid are you sure this isn''t Off Axis Torque?

there's plenty of players throwing these discs flat and straight well into the 350 plus range

overall the Hornet is not a bad OS mid but it does like a lot of spin to get the best out of it

First thing I thought off too. The Buzzz shouldn't be turning right on you unless it's pretty beat, or your form needs a tweak.

Would i actually be able to see the wobble? Does oat not affect drives as much? All my drivers do what they should and my buzzz is pretty beat but I have a new one that still goes to the right some, which I think it should, but I want something to goes dead straight and then fade when thrown hard. The roc does the same thing as the buzzz for me. What is the order by stability of a buzzz, roc, wasp, vector, hornet, and drone. I'm really interested where the vector fits in there.