• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce is in a class all by herself

I was curious why Feldberg didn't get to mark on the island after going OB because it looked like his disc hit the island and bounced back into the water. It sounded like after the tee shot, if you went OB on any other shot you got to take it where it last was inbounds. But maybe you had to be on the island before that was the case?

I was curious why Feldberg didn't get to mark on the island after going OB because it looked like his disc hit the island and bounced back into the water. It sounded like after the tee shot, if you went OB on any other shot you got to take it where it last was inbounds. But maybe you had to be on the island before that was the case?

I wondered that same thing. The only thing I could think of was that perhaps there were OB stakes up on top of the island itself? i.e. hitting the side of the island didn't cross inbounds yet? Other than that, yeah, it seemed like it would take some very creative rules for the hole to force Feldberg to throw from where he did. :confused:

The announcer said, that the rules for this event stated, that a player's disc had to land on the island and come to rest there before said player would be allowed to go to the island to putt out.

The announcer said, that the rules for this event stated, that a player's disc had to land on the island and come to rest there before said player would be allowed to go to the island to putt out.

What about the drop zone, though? Was it only mandatory to use after going OB on the first drive? The event obviously got a waiver from the PDGA for their OB rules, so they could do whatever they wanted.. I just haven't been able to figure out precisely what they did. ;)

What about the drop zone, though? Was it only mandatory to use after going OB on the first drive? The event obviously got a waiver from the PDGA for their OB rules, so they could do whatever they wanted.. I just haven't been able to figure out precisely what they did. ;)

The player was to go to the drop zone if they initially went OB from the tee shot. So the player had to throw from the drop zone until he/she got one to stick on dry land.

There is a girl from Texas I watched crush 400+ foot drives. I'm pretty sure it was Allison Carlton but I've been wrong before. Definitely somebody to watch for in the future.

Listed here.

Conflicting instructions then. Last point Feldberg touched inbounds was the edge of the island. But you had to first come to rest on the island to play from the island.

Conflicting instructions then. Last point Feldberg touched inbounds was the edge of the island. But you had to first come to rest on the island to play from the island.

Were the instructions conflicting or just different from similar situations at other events?

"Must come to rest on the island to proceed to play from the island."

Nothing conflicting; poor shot from Feldy after trying to play smart and lay up is all.

how did a Paige Pierce thread get derailed to Feldberg OB one?

That's nothing, wait until it turns into a question of whether there should be "female" par.

The two statements "must come to rest on island to play from the island" and "all other OB shots played from where it went OB" are conflicting.

The first one implies that if you are putting from the island and it goes in the water you can play from the island rather than going back to the drop zone. I've played in tournaments with this type of rule.

The second statement implies that Feldberg's OB throw would be taken from the island, unless as has been suggested there was an OB line farther up the bank. I went back and watched again and saw no OB line.

The two statements "must come to rest on island to play from the island" and "all other OB shots played from where it went OB" are conflicting.

The first one implies that if you are putting from the island and it goes in the water you can play from the island rather than going back to the drop zone. I've played in tournaments with this type of rule.

The second statement implies that Feldberg's OB throw would be taken from the island, unless as has been suggested there was an OB line farther up the bank. I went back and watched again and saw no OB line.

The first does not say "from the tee only". I read it as ANY shot to the island must come to rest on the island to play from the island.
"All other OB shots played from where it went OB" would apply if Feldberg's first shot lay up went OB.

No there not, because of the word OTHER. The OTHER is referring to throws that don't apply to the first 2 statements. The first statement applies to all shots that have not yet come to rest inbounds on the island. The second statement applies to all tee shots. The third statement applies to everything else.

You have literally interpreted this backwards. The second statement is the one that applies to a putt and the first one is what applies to the upshot from the bank.

Gonna go back to the gender issue, because I think it's an important one. Why wouldn't successful female throwers be used to encourage other females to keep practicing? Why instead suggest they can never hope to be that good and be content to throw short drives and make short putts? The insinuation is insulting.

Latest posts