• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Pairing Driving Putters Together

P2/Avair P&A. They feel identical, they compliment each other well, and they're very consistent. What more could you ask for?

what do you currently putt with first off? as mike (i think it was) said do you want premium or cycle plastic?

Ridge and Summit....

But I putt with an Aviar. :eek:

I carry two pro Pigs, a DGA Breaker and just bagged the new Tank from Hyzerbomb so I am the wrong person to be responding to this, but I'll do it anyway....

I could probably get by with just KC Aviar, or rather, Big Bead Aviars of all varieties. I just love putters so damn much. Ridge/Summit, Pure/Mercy, KC/Yeti Aviars, Pig/Pure, just Pig, Tank/Panzer, VP/Ridge, VP/Summit, Wizard/Magic, PA1/PA4 and PA2/PA4 are all combos I've tried. And I'm still not wholly satisfied.

I say if you've got the bag space, load it with whatever you want!

I rock the Opto Pure and ESP Zone combo. Both can be sneaky long off the tee, feel similar in the hand, and hit pretty much every line across the stability spectrum.

All Day, thats my driving putter combo. Sometimes I sprinkle in a DX aviar or a TM2 pure. Just to spice things up sometimes.

I go with KC Pro and Yeti Aviars. Even really beat in, KC's won't turn over for me. Yeti's start out like a beat in KC, and then break in to reliably understable.

one ion and another ion incase you lose the 1st one.

I prefer beaded putters *for driver lines but non-beaded will be more forgiving off the tee and microbeads like the pure/anode are great for control and solid HSS with a later fade.

Last edited:
HPP wizard, Classic Judge. The wizard is my favorite disc. It's great in a headwind and has no glide. The judge is very controllable for me.

Heavily seasoned ZERO Hard Pure for hyzer-flip / turnovers / anny lines, Suspects for everything else...

That being said, most of the courses I play the "putter drive-able" holes are <250 feet and heavily wooded narrow affairs. So the Pure comes out *almost* every time.

Opto Pure and 400g PA4 for me. The Pure just goes on whatever line you put it on, long anhyzers and hyzers as its the right kind of neutral for me. PA4 is the hyzerflip, tunnelshot disc.

I carry the CryZtal Challenger for stable to overstable shots, and the Opto Pure for stable to understable shots. If I need somebody VERY overstable I use the ESP Zone. The first two cover just about everything though.

I spent a half hour earlier today looking at putters on Inbounds. I wanted something more stable to compliment a Swan 2. I think the Spike would be ideal, being one of the longer putters out there, and fairly over stable. Also, Pure in my experience is damn long for a putter.

Do you have any plastic preference?

Also think about what mashnut said. Do you want to buy two premium plastic putters and rely on them holding their stability? Or cycle putters?

what do you currently putt with first off? as mike (i think it was) said do you want premium or cycle plastic?

I can't decide if I should cycle or use premuim plastic discs to cover my putter slots. I currently incorporate both bag building techniques in the rest of my bag. I cycle Rocs & Destroyers to fill my distance driver & mid slots. I also use three molds in premium plastic to cover my fairway driver needs. I know some people dislike one method of bag building or the other but I use both & have no problem utilizing either. I currently putt with DX Aviars but I just recently switched from KC Aviars. I wanted a straighter putter & I've used Aviar P&A in the pastpast so I wanted something I was familiar with. I have big hands so I prefer beaded putters but I still don't mind tossing beadless putters. As far as plastic
preferences go my favorite premium plastic type is Z/Champion. Excluding my Star Destroyers I generally dislike Star/ESP type plastics especially when it comes to putters & mids. I dislike soft plastics all together for every category of discs. I prefer Champion/Z & KC Pro/Zero Harsoftastics for my driving putters. I'm currently carrying a Champ Rhyno & a beat JK Aviar for drving putter duties. I've recently been trying out different putters to replace my JK Aviar because as I said earlier in my post I dislike soft plastics. It may seem like I carry a lot of Innova but I'm open to any disc suggestion from any company. If anyone can give me reasons as to why I should cycle or carry two different molds to cover my slots I'm all ears.

Yep. I'd get a setup along the lines of mine. One putter that will reliably go straight thrown flat in calm conditions, that you can shape short hyzers and anhyzers with, and something OS like a VP, Zone, Credo, Rhyno etc.

I am aligned with Mike on this one. Ion and P3 (Rhyno w/o bead) are my driving/utility putters. Nailed a 200' ace last week RHBH with the P3 to take the ace pot. The Ion I like more for RHFH drives. Then I typically putt with an anode (yes, I could use the ion but I like a firm putter). It is a solid set of 3 from over to slightly under stable. I don't use the anode off the pad, too easy to give it something extra and flip it :\