• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Park course in Nashville

Frederico

My wife and I will be in Nashville for a weekend. We are wanting to find a park where I can play a round and she can go running. Does anybody have any recommendations?

She might walk with me while I play. Are there any wooded courses so it will be more like hiking for her rather than just walking through open fairways? I am not very good so a place that might not be packed on a Saturday morning would be ideal. Thanks for any responses..

Some local guys will chime in I'm sure but I think you will be able to find several courses in that area that are hilly and wooded and would make for good hiking. Do you know how to use the course map? That will give the location of the local courses compared to where you are staying. Then use the course pages and reviews to determine other factors like walking paths and traffic levels at the course.

If you want to do different stuff at the same time (you play and she runs):
Two Rivers has a running trail/greenway throughout the front 9 and beyond.
Cedar Hill is a large park with several roads suitable for running.

For a workout walking/jogging during the course, Cedar Hill is your best bet. Scenic, relatively secluded, wooded and open, elevation.

Thanks for replies. Cedar hills looks like what I'm looking for. I enjoy the wooded, secluded courses.

Cedar hill and Seven Oaks are all I played but from what I hear cane ridge and sharp springs are worth it.

Ceder Hill will be the safest area for her to run while you play

Thanks again. We ended up doing cedar hill. So glad we did. It was challenging but also a very forgiving course. Course was pretty muddy due to the snow earlier in the week. We arrived at the course at 9:45 on a Saturday morning and had the course all to ourselves.

Cedar Hill is a good course, but one that hasn't been mentioned and, I think, is very underrated is Naval Hill. (I think it's also called Shelby Park.) It's the closes course to downtown. I've only played it once, but when I was there, it was very well-maintained. It's on a big hill and plays across it, up and down it, with views to the river. It's very pretty and a good course.

Latest posts