• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Particle

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
I created this to discuss this disc. I know it was out for the circuit but now in production run Neutron plastic - How are people liking them? Compare to Envy? Please share - I just ordered one so excited to give it a shot

I have 2 currently: a Neutron from the MVP Circuit and a Soft Neutron from the Space Race. I prefer the Soft Neutron. I find it a bit more OS. In general, they are slightly more stable than an Envy, but not by much. This mold has a nearly identical profile as the non-blue experimental electron molds that came out. One of those molds became the Atom. This one has never officially been revealed as that mold, but it sure looks identical. Either way, if you love the Envy, you might find room for it. It is really close. perhaps .5 more
HSS. What it is not is Zone or Harp OS. It flies smooth. I bag this along with 3 other Envys. I use this one in the OS slots that I need off the tee or for upshots. It flicks really well, just like the Envy.

I have 2 currently: a Neutron from the MVP Circuit and a Soft Neutron from the Space Race. I prefer the Soft Neutron. I find it a bit more OS. In general, they are slightly more stable than an Envy, but not by much. This mold has a nearly identical profile as the non-blue experimental electron molds that came out. One of those molds became the Atom. This one has never officially been revealed as that mold, but it sure looks identical. Either way, if you love the Envy, you might find room for it. It is really close. perhaps .5 more
HSS. What it is not is Zone or Harp OS. It flies smooth. I bag this along with 3 other Envys. I use this one in the OS slots that I need off the tee or for upshots. It flicks really well, just like the Envy.

Yeah my plan was to swap the Envy out for it when I feel it - I wouldn't bag both most likely - I like the atoms so much that I thought the particle would be a more imilar complement but more OS and sounds like it is, so that's good news

I'm a fan of MVP putters so I picked up a new Christmas stamp Particle today to try it out for long approaches. I'm also curious to hear how others like it.

The impression I got watching the vids was Particle=Servo Envy=Crave. Does that comparison sound right to you? Meaning the Particle is 3 4 -.5 2.5 and Envy 3 4 0 2.

The impression I got watching the vids was Particle=Servo Envy=Crave. Does that comparison sound right to you? Meaning the Particle is 3 4 -.5 2.5 and Envy 3 4 0 2.

I haven't noticed any discernible LSS compared to a similarly worn Envy. Yes, I would say that the Particle is 2.5 compared to the Envy at 2. The Soft Neutron Particle is more stable compared to just Neutron. I haven't bagged the Neutron Particle long enough to see how much it has changed. I bag the Soft Neutron Particle as a compliment to my FR Soft Neutron Envy that just now has some LSS. I would say they are super close and I only bag it because I like the Soft Neutron and it is a hair more stable.

I have a softish neutron from and mvp vs axiom....it is an envy light. Somewhere between the envy and atom...its ok, but not good enough to keep in my bag

Another MVP disc that needs to be made in soft plastic...

:popcorn:

They have. It was released with the Space Race events that MVP did the later part of the summer and fall. Some dealers also bought some directly from MVP and divided the players packs and sold them off. I prefer it over the normal Neutron. I like my Particles how I like my Envies, soft. Yesterday, I got a 3 on a hard Par 4 with the Particle as my upshot. It is hard to carry mids in the bag when the Envy can cover such a wide range. The Particle is just a slight tick more stable, but really not by much. Essentially a black rimmed Envy.

I felt like the Particle was longer than the Envy. It also feels better in the hand, due to a slimmer profile, which makes it excellent off the tee.

IMO (and I've said this before about the Experimental Putter, which I believe the Particle is), it's their best putter since the Ion.

Awesome news, I have one coming in the mail - Which means if I reallllly like it, I may have to part with some Envy's - which means people will be happy in the marketplace as all my envies are killer ;)

They have. It was released with the Space Race events that MVP did the later part of the summer and fall. Some dealers also bought some directly from MVP and divided the players packs and sold them off. I prefer it over the normal Neutron. I like my Particles how I like my Envies, soft. Yesterday, I got a 3 on a hard Par 4 with the Particle as my upshot. It is hard to carry mids in the bag when the Envy can cover such a wide range. The Particle is just a slight tick more stable, but really not by much. Essentially a black rimmed Envy.

I mean regular production. I have no interest in buying limited edition discs I can't easily replace.

MVP needs to start making all of their putters in all the plastics and firmnesses they have.

Production Soft Neutron Ion:popcorn:

I mean regular production. I have no interest in buying limited edition discs I can't easily replace.

MVP needs to start making all of their putters in all the plastics and firmnesses they have.

Production Soft Neutron Ion:popcorn:

If MVP puts it in for an event series they normally release it later. This last release was from the Circuit events which were the first during the summer. I would guess that sometime during the new year that they will release it in soft Neutron. I am surprised they have never had another release of Soft Neutron Ions. Odd, but got a few of those. Don't really throw the Ion that much. Prefer the Envy cored discs.

I would be willing to bet production soft particles will come in the next 4 or 5 months. No reason not to. As far as I can recall that's the o my disc we know they have that hasn't come out. I havnt seen any new molds get approved nor head anything concrete about any other molds in other plastics yet. A lot of speculation about electron proxy now that the envy is out in it. And lots of firm electron speculation, but I'd guess they will put more time in between initial release and firm for the envy.

Ok, what are people thinking about combos? Particle/atom vs envy/proxy. Premium plastic only. Or maybe particle/proxy to get the most difference?

Stiff, flat Proton Motions.
Pilot firm E
Meathook putter from Streamline in the same stiff Neutron my barstamp Trace is in.

...and a partridge in a pear tree

Ok, what are people thinking about combos? Particle/atom vs envy/proxy. Premium plastic only. Or maybe particle/proxy to get the most difference?

My thought is MVP should quit splitting hairs and make different flying molds out of this core like the ion. We now have everything from OS to US with that beautiful core that fits the fingers like a glove and has a stability from A to Z. Now make a truly OS and US shallow mold off the envy like a zone welp.... Its really crazy even to me as a dealer and one who tosses this **** how close some of these molds are.

Last edited:
Those of you wanting a soft Particle, they are less stable than an Envy. Too much overlap between the Envy and Atom. It does have a nice hand feel though