• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Patrol

More understable then the Warrant? :eek: Eeek, not sure what you would do with it.

Don't want anyone to get the wrong impression, the Warrant is a great disk that is on the limit of the needs for understable mid.
i got it cause i throw lhbh and i don't have a sidearm yet (working on it) so it helps me on shots that need to go left

Truth be told it is not a mold I have thrown a lot. TC and then a few rounds - I found it a tweener that wasn't as reliably under-stable as a Tursas, nor as stable as a Warship, Compass, or Core for straight.

Your mileage may surely vary though. Mids are the touchiest bunch IMHO.

Have you chucked the ol' Evidence around any more? What'd you think?

I asked for and received a Warrant for Christmas because I irrationally love flippy mids. So I took both Evidences, both Tursas, and the new Warrant to the field and chucked the five discs around for 90 minutes in some moderate (10ish MPH) winds. Oddly enough, I came away more impressed by the two Evidences than anything else. I'm starting to click with them more and more, now that I really understand how to use them.

The Evidence for me doesn't really have it's own flight shape, but instead mimics other mids based on wind conditions. Thrown with a tailwind, it flies like an Emac does in calm conditions; thrown into a headwind, and it flies like a Tursas/Warrant does in calm conditions. It's getting more likely that it will make my bag. On calm days I don't think it will get much use, since I prefer a true straight-to-fade or true turnover line and the Evidence sits awkwardly between those two lines. But in windy conditions it's nice to have a disc that can hit the lines I'm used to hitting with discs that are a tad more or less stable. I have a feeling that my mids use will settle into something like:
15% Verdict
35% Emac
15% Evidence
35% Tursas or Warrant

Just a quick update on my Patrol. There was enough wind on the course today to have headwinds and tailwinds. On the dogleg-right holes, the Patrol did very well. On the downhill hole, the Patrol followed the anny line very well before hitting a tree branch (Iron Leaf), still giving me a birdie look. On the uphill hole, the Patrol straightened out but flew nicely and landed softly in the "right place" to have a long birdie look.

I also had an interesting shot that needed to go around a tree branch, so I threw the Patrol on a hyzer line around it, expecting it to straighten out or glide into the wind. It glided, but held the hyzer line well, and ended up just left of the basket (and went a bit long).

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the Patrol as an understable mid for turnover/anny shots. If you're looking for this type of disc, try a Patrol.

Just a quick update on my Patrol. There was enough wind on the course today to have headwinds and tailwinds. On the dogleg-right holes, the Patrol did very well. On the downhill hole, the Patrol followed the anny line very well before hitting a tree branch (Iron Leaf), still giving me a birdie look. On the uphill hole, the Patrol straightened out but flew nicely and landed softly in the "right place" to have a long birdie look.

I also had an interesting shot that needed to go around a tree branch, so I threw the Patrol on a hyzer line around it, expecting it to straighten out or glide into the wind. It glided, but held the hyzer line well, and ended up just left of the basket (and went a bit long).

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the Patrol as an understable mid for turnover/anny shots. If you're looking for this type of disc, try a Patrol.

Glad you're liking the Patrol. I thought about picking one up (see post above for my flippy mid addiction) but I'm steadily improving my forehand so I don't think I need a mid that's *that* flippy. It does look fun though in the videos I'e seen. hyzerflip-to-turn with a mid is one of my favorite shots when executed perfectly, and Patrol looks tailor-made for that shot.

Glad you're liking the Patrol. I thought about picking one up (see post above for my flippy mid addiction) but I'm steadily improving my forehand so I don't think I need a mid that's *that* flippy. It does look fun though in the videos I'e seen. hyzerflip-to-turn with a mid is one of my favorite shots when executed perfectly, and Patrol looks tailor-made for that shot.

I'm going to be trying some hyzer-flips on tunnel shots in the woods with the Patrol, also. And I might try a 2-disc round (the other disc being my putting putter) with it. :thmbup:

Have you chucked the ol' Evidence around any more? What'd you think?
1 more time. I do like it.

I do see how it could be a standard mid for some. I do like to throw 'em, but having said your mid set-up, it doesn't really have a place in my Tursas/ Warship/Compass/Bard set-up that I like.

Seeing how it takes a while to settle on mids, and learn them, it's kind of the luck of the draw. Truth, Claymore, Pain, Mako3, Buzzz, Stingray, Cobra, Pine, Fuse, Anchor, and others, they are knocking on the door trying to get in too, all excellent discs as well.

Has anyone noticed much of a difference between the production run and the trilogy challenge run?

Has anyone noticed much of a difference between the production run and the trilogy challenge run?

I just picked up a slightly used today. It is more under stable than my other one. But my other one is still brand new. The new one if not thrown real hard is very straight. Both are lucid I believe. I got the used one and it will turn right much easier, not as bad as say a DX Stingray, but will go right and much further for me.

Last edited:

Fresh out of the box, the production run Patrol was a wee bit more stable than the TC run. With a sample size of one each, I can't tell you that it's TC vs. production runs or just the particular way these two discs molded up.

The production disc would sometimes fade back just a bit when hyzerflipped or thrown straight. I've been bagging the TC run disc, and it's a very smooth, giidey turnover disc. I'd imagine that the production run disc would lose that bit of fade over time and a lot more use, as well.

Latest posts