• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth #27523

I will say that he did not expect enforcement to come as it did. Charging like a bull out of nowhere on the last damn shot. One unprofessional act caused another unprofessional act and i won't waver on that until we hear differently from Nikko.
Stop lying. That didn't happen. Quit making **** up to pretend any of this is on anyone but Nikko who has spent 20 years playing by the PDGA's rules and is absolutely 100% at fault for everything associated with his reaction at the European Open.

Stop lying. That didn't happen. Quit making **** up to pretend any of this is on anyone but Nikko who has spent 20 years playing by the PDGA's rules and is absolutely 100% at fault for everything associated with his reaction at the European Open.

Attention seeking gibberish. Every post on here by oldmanballcon is contrived fantasy, to illicit attention. Shame on us.

Attention seeking gibberish. Every post on here by oldmanballcon is contrived fantasy, to illicit attention. Shame on us.

Dude is trollin' hard.
Wish my DG game was as solid as his trollin' :\

C'mon Woj... you know better than to engage him.

As long as we are comparing disc golf to other sports, I shall quote myself from the other thread:

Nikko was ejected from the event, though. Absent a few of the usual suspects, that isn't the point of contention. Not even Nikko is objecting to being DQed (so far as I can tell).

That's what gets me about this whole conversation. So many people are arguing as if the options are either Nikko gets no penalty, or Nikko is suspended for 9 months. It's very black and white thinking that doesn't seem to see nuance. Yeah, Nikko has a certain reputation, but has he ever even been brought before the disciplinary committee before? The people asking questions about the process and punishment are, for the most part, not talking about Nikko or this incident in particular. Rather it's about the broad application of the rules. If one were any touring pro on the DGPT, maybe one who just took their bank balance to -$5 in order to get a van outfitted, would it make sense for the DGPT to suspend that person for a first offense for (essentially) yelling at an official in too close proximity?

Again, this isn't about whether it is acceptable, nor whether there should be punishment. It's not acceptable, and there should be punishment. It's not about whether it's OK or understandable to behave as Nikko did. It's not.

The conversation is about what the rules around these kinds of events should be. Is being obstreperously belligerent the same thing as causing physical harm to someone? That's what a Class A violation says it is for.

Side note: if Nikko is guilty of going farther, like specifically threatening harm, etc. later on, and that is part of the ruling, it obviously changes things. But then it goes to the points that have been made about transparency.

The fact that Sir T. McD. is in here, that has people arguing against a certain b.s. position, seemingly making it impossible to have the other, actually necessary, conversation.

Last edited:

*cue radio static*
Base to Woj. Base to Woj. Come in Woj.

Do not engage target.
Repeat: DO NOT ENGAGE TARGET.

Acknowledge.

:p

Dude is trollin' hard.
Wish my DG game was as solid as his trollin' :\

C'mon Woj... you know better than to engage him.

*cue radio static*

:p
I don't know how many times I have to say it - I absolutely will never believe this ridiculous notion of "if you ignore them, the trolls shut up and go away." It doesn't happen. It doesn't work that way. You're engaging in ballcon level fantasy.

I don't know how many times I have to say it - I absolutely will never believe this ridiculous notion of "if you ignore them, the trolls shut up and go away." It doesn't happen. It doesn't work that way. You're engaging in ballcon level fantasy.

If you wanna continue to increase your blood pressure to dangerous levels arguing with a brick wall, have at it my friend. :popcorn:

I used the ignore button for the first and only time. It's seemed to lower my blood pressure a little.

If you wanna continue to increase your blood pressure to dangerous levels arguing with a brick wall, have at it my friend. :popcorn:

Not exactly arguing with a brick wall. More like this:

db012f9393ee43a3a7bb1ba14a55c0283fc2cc23.gifv

Really though, Pro disc golf is a weird lovey fuzzy world, where players are referred to by first name, and a full range of human emotion is considered inappropriate.

Grow the sport, be nice all the time, drop a stick when angry, etc. Soft soap.

I'm no hothead, and play by these rules, but anybody showing negative emotion gets skewered here like they were aliens.

It's just a bloody fool game after all, not a cult.

I'm still going to play disc golf regardless of anything spoken about Nikko. Honestly it's just a weird thing that I'll probably rarely think about that most other people playing are completely psycho nanny state weirdos hoping everyone is an emotionless automaton. You do you freaks.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

And when someone take it just the tiniest bit further and injury is realized from a fight? Your future is one where violations are contested with assault and the opportunity to coerce your competition into revoking the call?

Your take is outside my adult realm. Sorry, hoping to see aggression and potential violence in disc golf is an adolescent take. This gibberish IS the fodder of the "online" crowd. I don't see the PDGA, nor the DGPT heading down this path.

In discussions in my few leagues and casual play, I have heard NO similar opinions....or any honest attempt to justify or defend Nikko's actions. NONE.
I don't condone violence. The slippery slope argument in this context is as much bs as it is in any other context. Adults are capable of expressing emotion without violence. It's a key skill we develop early on in development. The repression of emotion is very problematic in my opinion and there's a greater good achieved by erring on the side of allowing emotional expression as opposed to restricting it.

I don't condone violence. The slippery slope argument in this context is as much bs as it is in any other context. Adults are capable of expressing emotion without violence. It's a key skill we develop early on in development. The repression of emotion is very problematic in my opinion and there's a greater good achieved by erring on the side of allowing emotional expression as opposed to restricting it.

Allowing emotional expression is not equal to allowing screaming outbursts.

If you can get an excuse from a doctor for turrets syndrome then like the transgender deal you should be allowed to play and have a few outbursts.