• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paul McBeth goes to discraft.

Oh Great...Does this mean all the Discraft Fanboys and "I been throwin Discraft ever since.." and whatnot are gonna be popping out of the woodwork

Yes. thrembo, throwing Discraft since day 1. (pretty much)

Me, too. Always thrown Discraft mids, but never got into their drivers, Innova has that spot.

First disc I ever bought was a Tournament pro Comet. :thmbup:

Never cared about discraft, other than watching MJ throw a comet. Now suddenly I care quite a bit. Time to break out all of my wasps and buzzzs and zones that I never already had in the first place. I've been Mclulled into Mcliking DiscMcraft

I could never imagine Paul throwing something other than Innova, but I'm proud for him. He's a great golfer that will be able to play with anything you put in his hand. I'm sure he secured financial stability for the rest of his life with this move. I guess he'll probably have discraft make a new mold for him since the force and machete leave a lot to be desired in comparison to the destroyer.

If all this ends up being is a pro switching sponsors I will be very disappointed. What I want to see is what Discraft is going to do thats new with their discs....and a fresh McBeth stamp isnt gonna cut it for me.

From what I understand, a Mcbeth disc line is definitely in discussion. I'm sure once he has becomes familiar with the plastic, that they will begin tweaking molds and hopefully creating entirely new ones.

I'd also love to see his own signature plastic blend.

My bet is that he will need a putter that suits his taste first and foremost. I'm sure he will make do with a Challenge or Magnet ect... But I think he's going to need something a bit more dialed in to his style. Besides, putting is where the money is at.

From what I understand, a Mcbeth disc line is definitely in discussion. I'm sure once he has becomes familiar with the plastic, that they will begin tweaking molds and hopefully creating entirely new ones.

I'd also love to see his own signature plastic blend.

My bet is that he will need a putter that suits his taste first and foremost. I'm sure he will make do with a Challenge or Magnet ect... But I think he's going to need something a bit more dialed in to his style. Besides, putting is where the money is at.

FWIW Paul will beat down fields regardless of xyz plastic or molds. I think he can throw alright. Prolly not a huge deal to "suit his style". DC molds fly great as it is. Not like it is some voodoo stuff. The sig. models etc are for $. They come AFTER a player likes xyz mold normally when successful not created by a player as an entire new model. Plastic blend is whatever as even those change.

This is a cool move for a MI company. No doubt signing McBeth will help with DC exposure.

I like watching McBeth play but I'm not a hard core "fanboy". I have plenty of Innova but also Discraft mids, DD fairway drivers, and putt with Wizards. Not sure what affect, if any, this will have on my bag.

This makes so good to disc golf. Congratulations to mr McBeth and Discraft!

Oh Great...Does this mean all the Discraft Fanboys and "I been throwin Discraft ever since.." and whatnot are gonna be popping out of the woodwork?

Out and Proud Innova thrower =)

When I started playing, all you could get at the local hardware store was Innova, and only DX, so that's all I threw. When I saw my first Z plastic XL I bought it and fell in love with it until I lost it.

Starting over again this year, and I wish Paul the best, but I guess I'm also an Out and Proud Innova thrower :)

FWIW Paul will beat down fields regardless of xyz plastic or molds. ... The sig. models etc are for $. They come AFTER a player likes xyz mold normally when successful not created by a player as an entire new model.

He'll definitely still perform at a high level. However, high level athletes in any sport are more likely to go through an adjustment period when changing equipment, and that adjustment period can be rather lengthy depending on the person. I have no doubt that Paul will be totally dominant again, but it will be interesting to watch his first few clutch putts next year.

Traditionally you're right Aim, the Sig line comes on an established model. However, given the magnitude of someone like Paul switching companies it wouldn't be shocking to see Discraft release a couple discs that Paul collaborates on and agrees to throw from the moment they're launched. In all honesty it seems like a win-win. You get your new top gun some weapons he's happy with, and all his fans flock to pick up a new Destroyer clone that has instant credibility because the most successful Destroyer thrower in the world helped design it.

hmm... maybe this is an organized effort from both Innova & Discraft to minimize the growing popularity of DD. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. :p

Who is their MJ? Doss? He is a legend, but the resume doesn't really compare to Paul's does it? I dont think it's that confusing.

On that note, do ya'll think Doss is salty about this or stoked? Or just focused on beer?

Who is their MJ. Classic. This may be the best possible result of the thread.

I doubt that Doss minds, unless his signature discs get replaced. I could see McBeth snagging the Force, but maybe in ESP so Doss gets to keep the Z Force.

As far as the McBuzzz rumors, I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes. Hornet seems much more likely imho, or something else beaded. (Re-tooled Wasp? Elite Z HAWK!!)

But overall, McBeth is going to bring in a lot more attention for Discraft in general. I feel like that's the sort of rising tide that will lift all boats. So I don't see Doss getting very salty even if they do discontinue his signature discs. And yes, he's very focused on beer ;) :thmbup:

Oh Great...Does this mean all the Discraft Fanboys and "I been throwin Discraft ever since.." and whatnot are gonna be popping out of the woodwork?

Out and Proud Innova thrower =)

The great thing here is that Paul McBeth still is Disc Golf regardless of what he throws. Looking forward to McBeast 2019 season demonstrating that talent and hard work are far and away more important than equipment!

Pretty much what I expect to hear for a little while at least....

95x27s.jpg

Time will tell if this is real or skullduggery

Whoah...Paul pretty much dissed DD on the PDGA interview, saying Rusco told him Lat & DD have money to spend, but Paul didn't even want to entertain their offers. wow...

Whoah...Paul pretty much dissed DD on the PDGA interview, saying Rusco told him Lat & DD have money to spend, but Paul didn't even want to entertain their offers. wow...

I don't think he dissed them. I think that he just stated that he was already kinda set on Discraft at that point and didn't want to bring in a 3rd party to muddy up the waters.

BUT... it brings up the point that DD has money to spend and hopefully are willing to spend it on the right player that they find.

I don't think he dissed them. I think that he just stated that he was already kinda set on Discraft at that point and didn't want to bring in a 3rd party to muddy up the waters.

Perhaps it was a polite diss... he didn't sign anything yet, and based on what I heard in the interview, sounded like he didn't even want to even hear a number from DD.

Paul McBeth+Discraft ?

Fake news from Russian hackers ?

I know some guys that are die-hard McBeth and Innova fans, and will struggle with this, they love Innova and hate all other brands, so this is going to put them in a funk........
I know some hardcore Ricky/"Trilogy" fanboys. Based on conversations at my last couple tournaments...they seem to be having a rough go at it :hfive:. I'm really enjoying all these changes this offseason. It's entertaining from the perspective of a disc golfer (like myself) that would take a sponsorship from any company that offered one. Everyone knows that your rating is based on the brand of discs you throw :D

Latest posts