• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul McBeth Malta

Yes i know. .. but every question is about everything else than the Malta ;)

Wonder why all the Proto and first runs in the McBeth line is in ESP? ( exept the Luna )

I Know he has a Z Force but does he have any other disc in Z in his bag?

Zone

Wonder why all the Proto and first runs in the McBeth line is in ESP? ( exept the Luna )

He's thrown Z Trackers, Z Vultures, and Crystal Raptors this year. I'd imagine the choice of ESP is because it's by default a more expensive plastic option and those sick swirls they've been able to make really helped sell them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

He's thrown Z Trackers, Z Vultures, and Crystal Raptors this year. I'd imagine the choice of ESP is because it's by default a more expensive plastic option and those sick swirls they've been able to make really helped sell them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

he deserves his own blend

I think the tracker, Vulture and Raptor he throw was just in wait of the Anax. . Now he basically have to throw the Anax

One of the drawbacks of having his own line is that he needs to throw them no matter what...so he better get them right

I think the tracker, Vulture and Raptor he throw was just in wait of the Anax. . Now he basically have to throw the Anax

One of the drawbacks of having his own line is that he needs to throw them no matter what...so he better get them right

agreed he better get them not wrong and on the first time too

Zones, a Cryztal Raptor towards the end of the season, Z Trackers at the start of the season. He bagged plenty of Champion with Innova (Roc3s, Thunderbirds, T3s, whatever OS fairway he was using). Maybe he just likes ESP, or doesn't like X (which would make a ton of sense for the Malta, Anax, and Zeus)

Something I find odd is that the proto Kong, Anax and now Malta all comes in a very grippy type of ESP. . But then the first run Zeus and Anax was in a less grippy typ of ESP/Big-Z kind of blend...and the proto Luna felt way different

I guess the proto ones is the one Paul have decided on and approved. . So why the big change in plastics? Customer feedback?

Something I find odd is that the proto Kong, Anax and now Malta all comes in a very grippy type of ESP. . But then the first run Zeus and Anax was in a less grippy typ of ESP/Big-Z kind of blend...and the proto Luna felt way different

I guess the proto ones is the one Paul have decided on and approved. . So why the big change in plastics? Customer feedback?

Supplier was out of the rubber blend they used in the proto

Supplier was out of the rubber blend they used in the proto

Not sure i buy that. . AFTER they said that they came out with the Rubber blend Buzzz that sure looks and feels like the Proto Luna plastic.
But, yes i have heard that. . .

But the FR Anax. Kongs and Maltas plastics are also very different than the proto

If Paul put all that time in development and came up with the Protos. . .it just odd that all the FR feels so different

I see that "DGputtheads flightchart" places the MALTA in the same "row" as the Justice, MD5, Caiman. .And Marshalls flightguide has it as "very OS"

Sure the MALTA is OS . . but i don´t think it´s very OS

Or did i get a not-so-OS one ?

I see that "DGputtheads flightchart" places the MALTA in the same "row" as the Justice, MD5, Caiman. .And Marshalls flightguide has it as "very OS"

Sure the MALTA is OS . . but i don´t think it´s very OS

Or did i get a not-so-OS one ?

i threw a few different ones no way its that os

Yeah, no. It isn't that OS. I'd describe it as throwably overstable. Better BH than FH. Patterned on the Nebula that was an Ace Race mold that never saw mass production.

Yeah, no. It isn't that OS. I'd describe it as throwably overstable. Better BH than FH. Patterned on the Nebula that was an Ace Race mold that never saw mass production.

I felt one today and it did not strike me as a Nebula at all but that might be because it had a bead. I'm intrigued now though.

Okay, yeah it's a flat Nebula with a bead. I got one today and I can't wait to throw the bejeezus out of it to see how the flight compares. If it flies anything like a Nebula I will become Paul McBeth's no1 fanboi. I'm kind of perplexed though b/c DC told me the reason they never produced the Neb was b/c inconsistent molding. I'd think that adding a bead would add to that inconsistency but maybe not. :confused:

Got my 1st round in today, threw it a ton. It flies pretty similarly to the LE Z Nebulae they made awhile back. Very close to AR Nebulae, just a bit more HSS and a bit less glide which makes sense due to bead and flatness compared to most AR Nebulae. I'd say the Malta flies something like 0 HSS, maybe -.5 if you got that easy 400'+ power, and a solid 3 LSS. It's a workable fade more than a dumpy fade; it'll glide out on a hyzer line if you get a good rip on it. I think it'll beat in to a nice -.5, 2 eventually, like a seasoned Wasp.

I kept forgetting the name of it and called it the McMid, which eventually turned into the McRib.

I'm a sucker for those classy gold stamps and the clean stamp designs of Paul's discs, but I'm Wasp for life in the over stable mid slot.

Very pretty Maltas tho.

at least around me the malta has not caught much traction at all

compared to other paul macbeth discs and really other discraft molds in general

Latest posts