• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pay2Play poll

if your free public courses turned pay, what would you do?

• I'd still go every chance I got.

Votes: 138 45.7%
  • I would definitely play a lot less.

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • I would start playing at better pay2play courses

Votes: 71 23.5%
  • I'm not paying for this course, especially when there are other park goers all over it.

Votes: 45 14.9%
  • I'm done throwing frisbee, I'm gonna start paintballing!

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope the future is a solid mix of both. I like to see your typical in the park 9 hole beginner friendly courses to stay free. This will help draw in new players particularly the younger crowd who don't necessarily have the $ to P2P regularly. Then top end courses for the hardcore which are P2P which are DG exclusive with better maintained and designed courses for intermediate + players.

^^^ this is how it should be.

I play at a public parks which I pay taxes for. I can understand paying a little money if it was a private course that someone built.

I think this is an appropriate answer. Its not free to build basketball courts, playgrounds, bike paths, etc either. If there is no charge for those, there should be no charge for disc golf

I'd still play, but I would hope there would be added benefits - less chuckers, better upkeep, stuff like that.

You might think, 'Well, we can do so much good for disc golf.' No, that's wrong, because disc golf is for poor kids who can't afford ball golf or other activities. Kids can still skateboard.

It's also a very unscientific poll design, because you're fragmenting one position 'bad idea' so that another position gets elevated 'good idea.'

This, sort of happened, with one of the infinitediscs.com poll questions, which company had the biggest impact on disc golf this year? Trilogy got a lot of votes, so did Latitude 64, Dynamic, and Westside, but the way they reported it is that each of those answers was treated separately. Being unscientific about a poll question only leads to muddled assertions about what is the TRUTH, which should be the goal of science and polling.

The pay course would have to be really great to even think about it. Morley Field is a classic example of crappy course that charges money. They only get away with it because there isn't much in the area.

It's also a very unscientific poll design, because you're fragmenting one position 'bad idea' so that another position gets elevated 'good idea.'

This, sort of happened, with one of the infinitediscs.com poll questions, which company had the biggest impact on disc golf this year? Trilogy got a lot of votes, so did Latitude 64, Dynamic, and Westside, but the way they reported it is that each of those answers was treated separately. Being unscientific about a poll question only leads to muddled assertions about what is the TRUTH, which should be the goal of science and polling.

I'm sorry I wasn't scientific enough for your dgcr brain. But I don't believe I was conducting a scientific research study. I was merely giving a scenario to my fellow players, and I think I gave a lot of options. Even threw in a totally wild option for those that like to get irate about stuff. And a couple people chose it.

What would you like to have seen from this poll that would have made you not put it down? Nothing. Okay, then this poll was not meant for you.

Latest posts