• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Membership

sgamerp

Thanks, Dad
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Someone told me if you sign up in September you get the last few month for free and then get the next year. Is this true? Thanks!

its-a-trap.jpg

Well I was looking randomly in the site and found that it start Oct 1st. I guess the guy must have just had month mixde up.

PDGA website said:
PLEASE NOTE: Memberships and the PDGA Tour run the calendar year, January 1 - December 31. Members who join or renew on or after October 1st will be extended through the following year.

--http://www.pdga.com/join

i signed up last September and had it last year and this year for 50 bucks

IIRC, they changed the date for this year -- last year, you could join in Sept and have your membership extend for all of the following year. This year, it's on or after Oct 1.

Or just pay the non-member if you don't play many tournaments.

That is false. I joined in 2003 there has been 1 change in fees in 8 years.

may be false but the last time I paid it was $50/yr. It went up to $55 the year after. Last week one of my friends who hasn't played in 10 years just renewed. He said it cost him $75 to renew. I gues I assumed it went up $5/year for all of those years since I last paid.

may be false but the last time I paid it was $50/yr. It went up to $55 the year after. Last week one of my friends who hasn't played in 10 years just renewed. He said it cost him $75 to renew. I gues I assumed it went up $5/year for all of those years since I last paid.
$50 for Ams, $75 for Pros.

Why isn't the fee the same for everyone? I can see a discount for kids and ladies but that's it.

Why isn't the fee the same for everyone? I can see a discount for kids and ladies but that's it.

I think it's because Am's play for prizes where as the other one plays for cash.

because pros get cash back and ams dont. its just another quirk with the pdga

That's a reason for different entry fees not dues. I don't see how that costs the PDGA more money which would justify the difference in dues. If anything, there are more ams which would cost more to process the results.

Supposedly there are special expenses involving tournaments, namely the National Tour ones, that apply to the Pros, hence the justification for higher dues.

The whole thing is rather controversial, and I'm sure its one of the things that the touring pros on the PDGA BOD will likely address.

That being said, if there is any policy going forward to equalize these fees, I can assure you any measure to lower membership fees for pros, will almost certainly mean a rise in membership fees for ams to make up for the lost revenue, so take that how you will.

Latest posts