• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Up 8 points, putting me at 934. I've been steadily moving up from 900 at the beginning of the year. I will need a strong start next season since I have a couple high rated rounds ready to drop off after the first event I play next year.

can someone explain to me about your lowest ratings not being used? I've only been a member for under a year and have one round dropped.

Got my first rating today, currently at 830. That is only based on two rounds at a course I had never played. Playing more tournaments this month (already played in one last weekend that I played better in) so my rating should go up. Hoping to be at or close to 900 by this time next year.

Went from 967 to 949 in two disastrous rounds.
Here they both are, side by side:

giphy.gif

Awesome, thank you so much. Now what is 2.5 standard deviations from my rating mean?

stand·ard de·vi·a·tion /ˈstandərd ˌdēvēˈāSHən/noun
plural noun: standard deviations

Statistics: a quantity calculated to indicate the extent of deviation for a group as a whole

Your excluded rounds were so bad that the PDGA does not take them seriously.

stand·ard de·vi·a·tion /ˈstandərd ˌdēvēˈāSHən/noun
plural noun: standard deviations

Statistics: a quantity calculated to indicate the extent of deviation for a group as a whole

Your excluded rounds were so bad that the PDGA does not take them seriously.

Wow, truly insightful

I need to stop playing events on 10/1. I always suck once the weather starts to turn. Started the year at 942. Dropped to 939 next update. Then slowly built to 951. Only to have it all erased by the last 2 updates (last 4 events). Back down to 940.

Got my first ever rating today. . 891, i´m ok with that as a 47y player that plays once a week

Fun to have 900 as a goal for 2020 :)

Started the year at 994 and ended the year at 994 :doh: had some issues with patience and played the least casual golf I have played in my career. Gotta get back to practicing and working on all aspects of my game.

863 on Jan. 1, now 880, for a net of +17 on the year. It's progress for sure, but there's lots to do next year.

I've decided I want to try sanctioned events again next year. It's been about 15 years. I briefly touched 951 at my apex back then with a small sample size, but was mainly 910-930. My heyday was 1999-2001. We'll see how I fit in this time around playing am masters. I unfortunately work every Sunday and most of the MA 40+ tournaments locally are that day but there are a few Saturday ones and I'll try dipping my toes in the water again.

I wonder how much different a 930-rated player is today versus 20 years ago? Will I fit in with MA 40+ throwing my speed 9 drivers no more than 300-330', decent accuracy in the woods, and decent putting? I'd like to think so. We'll find out.

Latest posts