• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Back to 890 after dropping a few points last update. Quest for 900 is proving to be a challenge, not gonna get there by my 62nd B-day. Maybe by the end of the year.

Argh, I had a round with a preliminary rating of X, but the actual ratings drop happened today and 27 points were knocked off of it. The round was played in swirling 30+ mph gusts and nobody was putting well.

I don't understand why the round rating changes from the preliminary phase to the second Tuesday of the month. Is it a math formula, or isn't it?

To be fair, I've had 16 points added to a round in this same fashion this season and it wound up being my best rated round since 2005...

Last edited:
Well, I've actually got a rating. It's not good, but I've definitely got something to build on, lololol

Down 8 to 953 :sick: And I have a feeling I'll be threatening my lowest rating since 2007 (947) next update...

Argh, I had a round with a preliminary rating of X, but the actual ratings drop happened today and 27 points was knocked off of it. The round was played in swirling 30+ mph gusts and nobody was putting well.

I don't understand why the round rating changes from the preliminary phase to the second Tuesday of the month. Is it a math formula, or isn't it?

To be fair, I've had 16 points added to a round in this same fashion this season and it wound up being my best rated round since 2005...
Combining/separating pools and correcting layouts in the TD's tournament report? The TD could have indicated that a round had different weather conditions for specific divisions/pools to separate from the other unaffected rounds on the same layout - substantial increase to the SSA would decrease how much each throw was worth. I don't know exactly what options/guidance a TD has for this kind of subdivision for the field.

Personal rating down 📉4 pts this month. Stopped double weighting a recent higher round and added a bunch within 1 STDEV that lowered the average enough to bring back in my lowest rated round of the year. Trying to get 3-4 more events in this year but this update had the highest number of rated rounds used since I started playing sanctioned events.

Down 9 to 876. My performance (or lack thereof) at DGLO stung more than I'd have liked, and my rounds at the Michigan Amateur State Championships didn't help as much as they could've, after the official ratings nerfed every one of them... Only a couple more events this year, so 900 will have to be next year's goal...

-2, down to 951. Not as bad as I thought, but a few rounds from a local league didn't go in yet. I should try to get out there and push out some okay rounds. As it stands they are a bit lower than the 958, 958, 1007 I'm going to drop when those go in.... looks like they're unofficially at 943, 967, 977.

+9. I only played four sanctioned events this year as I wasn't able to travel as much as I would like due to some minor health issues. I will probably abandon the U.P. for the Wisconsin Tour next year as there are many more opportunities for playing in age protected divisions down there.

+5 to 892 after dropping a few points the last couple of updates, highest ever by one point. Strung together a few league rounds above 900 so moving in the right direction.

B tier States this weekend on my favorite courses in Henryetta. Average rating on the east course is probably around 860 ☹️, west around 925....thus my current rating.

Went and played the 11000 foot long dg on a golf course at Ivy Hill with a back injury- shot dreadfully as expected- that round was sh*tty enough to bring my older sh*tty ones (which were not counting previously) back into my rating. Down 5 to 919- first time under 920 since the very first round of ratings in 98. F*ck aging.

887 - up 11 from the damage I did to my rating at DGLO, putting me 2 above where I was before that. I was hoping to hit 900 this season, but well...Guess that's next year's goal!

Went up for the first time in a while after tumbling quite a bit dealing with injury this year. Hoping for some more good league finishes to start next year closer to where I began this one.

back in the 960s with a couple good 2 round events to start 2024. Next rounds to drop off average around 930s so I could get another small bump with some solid play at a couple 1 round events before the next update.

Latest posts