• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

There is always the Trophy Only option at a reduced entry cost. Though most TD's don't seem to know anything about this.
Not only that, but TD's would have to offer it as an option, which most don't even knowing it can be offered as an option, and it being an option can confuse Am payouts and players packs. :|

is there somewhere on the PDGA website that tells you what rankings go in what divisions?

From the PDGA.com Ratings FAQ:

How does your rating affect what division you can enter?

"All amateurs with the exception of aged based divisions, like Juniors or Masters and older, compete in divisions based on rating levels. You may not play in a lower division if your rating is above a certain number. Current Amateur divisional ratings lines are:

MA1 (Advanced) if 935+ [800+ for Amateur Women]
MA2 (Intermediate) if <935 [<800 for Am Women]
MA3 (Recreational) if <900 [<750 for Am Women]
MA4 (Novice) if <850

In addition, there are ratings events where everyone – Ams and Pros – play in a division based on their rating. Players are always allowed to enter divisions even higher than their current rating, just never below."

954 (+4). Pretty happy with that, although very interested in seeing the official round ratings and which rounds are included. I have to update my Excel spreadsheet. :)

Mine says, "As of May 15" but no change. Maybe the tournament I played at the beginning of April didn't make it on...

I think more parents would get their kids/families into tournaments if the entry fees weren't so jacked up with plastic. I know I'd play a lot more tourneys if they were cheaper and I could care less about what I win or don't win.

i totally agree. the cost of entry is the number one reason why i and most players i know don't compete in more tournaments.

particularly since i am pretty picky about what makes it into my bag, plastic payout means nothing to me other than what i can sell or trade it for online here or elsewhere.

tournaments are much more about the experience and the competition, IMO. plastic payout has no effect on the experience or the competition. but the difference between a $30-50 entry and a $15-25 one is enough that i would probably play every event within driving distance.

classic example of benefits to the invested interests. disc manufacturers love plastic payouts and so do distributors and specialty shops (like dynamic discs - whom i love, no offense meant). players like it cuz it's free **** but i doubt that it would mean the difference between competing and not for most players if there were no plastic payout. people who play this game are obviously not in it for the money.

Latest posts