• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

and now that it's all uploaded, my rating didn't change, still :\ my good rounds from when I was playing well in 2010 all dropped off, so I'm left with a bunch of mediocre (for me, at least) rounds and it all evened itself out.

To update courses played, you go to each individual course you've played in the directory here and click the course played button. To update how long you've been playing, go to your dashboard and put in the date you started playing.

as for plastic payouts, it is structure that is likely to stick as it is a way for the tournament to actually generate some money for the people running it, or for the pro payout.

up 17 points to 953. only one tourney so far this year but i did well and i feel like my rating reflects my average level of play pretty accurately. still surprised that it jumped that much from one good day. now i just need to get a new job so i can have weekends off and actually be able to play tourneys on the regular :D

up 17 points to 953. only one tourney so far this year but i did well and i feel like my rating reflects my average level of play pretty accurately. still surprised that it jumped that much from one good day. now i just need to get a new job so i can have weekends off and actually be able to play tourneys on the regular :D

you have to remember the overlapping rounds that dropped from last year helps too. not all of my rounds that are over a year old dropped unfortunately. I would have jumped +10 instead of +6

as for plastic payouts, it is structure that is likely to stick as it is a way for the tournament to actually generate some money for the people running it, or for the pro payout.

Maybe, but it just seems like more hassle to do it the current way. I've said before, I have no issue paying a reasonable administrative fee to the TD and they can do whatever they want with it. Most other sports are done this way.

Maybe, but it just seems like more hassle to do it the current way. I've said before, I have no issue paying a reasonable administrative fee to the TD and they can do whatever they want with it. Most other sports are done this way.

I think you would see participation drop off, a great thing about an events is being able play well enough to cash and select what YOU want. I have enough players pack discs of the "newest" thing. I'm never going to throw a Katana, Archon, printed Star Roc+. I mean, how many minis can you actually use. I'm not likely to take playing pro seriously enough to compete at the level I want to and I wouldnt take playing trophy only event seriously either.

I have boxes with about 100 full size trophies and metals from 9 years of winning/placing in Cross Country and Wrestling tournaments. It is a waste of money and resources to create a 1996 Holly Invitational 112LB Champion trophy, it cannot be re-purposed and it will find its way to a landfill someday. At least discs can be used. If you want to get better, get better or dont.

Stop trying to force people out of your division (or into your division) by reducing the experience of the event. Create a tournament people want to attend by doing the hard work to make it fun.

On topic:
Goal for next update 990.

I think you would see participation drop off, a great thing about an events is being able play well enough to cash and select what YOU want. I have enough players pack discs of the "newest" thing. I'm never going to throw a Katana, Archon, printed Star Roc+. I mean, how many minis can you actually use. I'm not likely to take playing pro seriously enough to compete at the level I want to and I wouldnt take playing trophy only event seriously either.

I have boxes with about 100 full size trophies and metals from 9 years of winning/placing in Cross Country and Wrestling tournaments. It is a waste of money and resources to create a 1996 Holly Invitational 112LB Champion trophy, it cannot be re-purposed and it will find its way to a landfill someday. At least discs can be used. If you want to get better, get better or dont.

Stop trying to force people out of your division (or into your division) by reducing the experience of the event. Create a tournament people want to attend by doing the hard work to make it fun.

On topic:
Goal for next update 990.

:clap::clap::clap:
Well said.

Pretty sure the ratings for one of my tournaments are corrupt. What's sad is, it's from a tournament in FEBRUARY.... that they didn't get in in time for the March update. So not only is it wrong, it's LATE and WRONG... So all that extra time and it's wrong. Awesome.

Latest posts