• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

This really sux... I had 2 tourneys not show up in the update and 3 tourneys not drop from over a year ago. I guess the bright side is with a lower rating it will be easier to get an Invite to USDGC.

Tourneys only drop when you have rated rounds more than a year after the old rounds, it's not an automatic thing 12 calendar months after the tournament.

Tourneys only drop when you have rated rounds more than a year after the old rounds, it's not an automatic thing 12 calendar months after the tournament.

ok... that makes me even more upset at the TD's... those tourneys would have made the 12+ month tourneys drop. It's all good.. I'm hoping for 60+ rating points over my current rating! Hopefully that will get me an Invite to USDGC!

It would have dropped a couple rounds of 820's & 830's and added some 920's +

Last edited:
up 10 to 882... It should have been a lot higher because none of my PDGA League rounds made it on and a 795 from last June didn't drop off (June 11, 2011). Can anyone tell me why that tournament wouldn't drop off? Is it because it wasn't included until last year's July update?

Do you have any included rounds after 6/11/12? If not, then those rounds still fall within a year of your most recent rated round. Also, if your league is still running I don't think they're doing ratings until after the full season is complete.

Dropped a couple to 921.

Had a bad couple of rounds the Capital City Classic. My KCWO Rounds were all either 900ish or 940+. Just couldn't stay consistent.

2011 was my first year playing sanctioned events, with some horrible outings.
2012 is off to a much better start: two 894 rated rounds brought my dismal rating :)o) up to 841. Hoping to play in a couple more sanctioned events this year. Those 894 rated rounds represent a 19 stroke improvement (for 36 holes played) over my performance at the same event/course in 2011.

In all my years of playing I've never gotten into the whole ratings thing.To be honest I have no idea how it works.

Anyone care to shed some light on this for a older player?

2011 was my first year playing sanctioned events, with some horrible outings.
2012 is off to a much better start: two 894 rated rounds brought my dismal rating :)o) up to 841. Hoping to play in a couple more sanctioned events this year. Those 894 rated rounds represent a 19 stroke improvement (for 36 holes played) over my performance at the same event/course in 2011.

BAGGER^^^
:p;):p;)

Up one to 911, probably real close to how I shoot. I usually shoot 880 or 940 rounds, nothing in between. I have 2 more events, 5 rounds, and by my calculations my rating will be close the same next month.

Gained a POINT!!!!! YAAY!!

Next rating update when my last three tourneys are in rating is goin up a bunch!

My first PDGA tournament, the only one that made it in, was revised sharply upward for the official rating. I make my debut at 814. Which seems about right. Definitely still novice.

In all my years of playing I've never gotten into the whole ratings thing.To be honest I have no idea how it works.

Anyone care to shed some light on this for a older player?

when you play a sanctioned tournament, the rounds get rated according to a formula that the pdga uses. if you are a member then you get a rating that changes based on how you play. ratings are used to determine division breaks. rec is 850(?) to 899, intermediate 900-935, advanced 936-969, pro 970+. 1000 rated is a scratch round on that course/layout and round on that day.. each stroke above/below 1000 rated is between 7-12 points depending on the difficulty of the layout.