• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Went from a 908 to a 915. Meh. That's ok. I intend on making a splash at my next tournament. Finally moving up to Advanced. Going to be so focused.

Why didn't the tournament I played on June 8 get included? Its not even included on anybodys player stats yet. Td didn't turn paperwork on time yet? Rockford open.

Why didn't the tournament I played on June 8 get included? Its not even included on anybodys player stats yet. Td didn't turn paperwork on time yet? Rockford open.

June 3rd was the cut-off for this submission I believe. It should be on the next ratings update.

The Rockford open is showing that official results are in (trophy has gone gold on the event search page). That's a good indicator that it will be in the next update.

^^^Hard to predict, though. I played an event recently that has the gold trophy icon, but no results listed at all. Usually, when it shifts from the registration list icon to the silver trophy icon, you get to see preliminary results, and (I think) the gold trophy icon usually means the results have been officially submitted (& should show up by the next update).

Wait so since the most recent 25% of your scores are more important in your rating, your rating can also come down to that? It didnt say on the site and I just wanted to clarify.

Wait so since the most recent 25% of your scores are more important in your rating, your rating can also come down to that? It didnt say on the site and I just wanted to clarify.

It can come down to that, yes. The most recent 25% of your rounds get double weighted. Let's pretend you shot a 950, 955, 952, 976, 942, 920, 938, 927 rounds over 4 tourneys. The most recent 25% of your rounds (938 and 928) get counted twice...

If you just did a straight up average your round rating would be (950+955+952+976+942+920+938+927)/8 = 945.

With the most recent 25% of the rounds double weighted your rating would be (950+955+952+976+942+920+938+938+927+927)/10 = 942.5 or 943.

The point is if you're a rapidly improving (or declining) player your rating will be closer to your current performance.

If Official ratings dont go down ill be in the 990's but since we all know they will go down ill prolly be in the high 980's. Thats also assuming that rounds from a year ago get dropped properly.

If Official ratings dont go down ill be in the 990's but since we all know they will go down ill prolly be in the high 980's. Thats also assuming that rounds from a year ago get dropped properly.

Just out of curiosity, why would rounds that should be dropped not be dropped? I've never heard of rounds continuing to be included once they're old enough to expire from a player's average.

Just out of curiosity, why would rounds that should be dropped not be dropped? I've never heard of rounds continuing to be included once they're old enough to expire from a player's average.

Ive had it happen before where my most recent round on my rating is the same date as the oldest rating on my rating. I would of thought that those would have been dropped but nope.

Ive had it happen before where my most recent round on my rating is the same date as the oldest rating on my rating. I would of thought that those would have been dropped but nope.

I believe that they do this on purpose, airing on the side of a little more data is better than a little less...

Ratings are supposed to update tomorrow. I'm a 915 right now. Hopefully I get up to 920+.