• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

Other than the ending which seemed like bs, that was a very entertaining watch.
I still don't care for that course. Glad to hear the worlds is moving on for next year.

Great to see Paul win again. He's the bridge to this COVID generation and you want to see the next great player have to go through him and knock him out, not for him to drift away.

Aaron really brought out some gutsy golf from McBeth and you gotta think it's gonna take some more real heroics ala JC last year to knock out the champ, though that FH spike hyzer on 18 was no slouch.

I wonder about the next generation, brimming with talent and years of experience under their belt, but who's got the mentality to elevate to the greatest? It's not a mentality that's very nice or encouraged in normal society, you've got to thrive on competition, find little resentments to motivate you, and a killer instinct. Harris and the gang's YT is great but I don't know if that playful attitude gets Buhr over the top like that. (Maybe we need a DG Yoko lol).

Of the other youngsters, again Eagle melts in majors on this side of the pond, but Calvin and Dickerson seem to have that dgaf attitude. Maybe Gossage too if he can figure out his putting.

Other than the ending which seemed like bs, that was a very entertaining watch.
I still don't care for that course. Glad to hear the worlds is moving on for next year.

What was BS about the ending? Last 5 holes each their own unique drama. Paul OB on 15 loses 2 strokes. AG runs but just barely misses the 32' putt on 16, then Paul drains the 30' putt. Paul's drive on 17 200' feet short of AG's drive, but then he throws an incredible 2nd shot while AG's 2nd shot was fair at best. Then Paul drains the 69' putt. Then AG's incredible 2nd shot on 18 to force OT.

Not sure one can ask for a more intense ending.

Of the other youngsters, again Eagle melts in majors on this side of the pond
Eagle had a hand injury in the 1st or 2nd round (I forget which) and he simply was not the same afterward. Not sure that had any impact TBH, but I would want to be certain before implying he simply melted.

Not sure what happened to Simon. This course and conditions seemed to be made for him.

I know, was just busting your chops, lol.

I really wanted to see Calvin do well today, but I'm starting to think that boy just doesn't have it in him.

Been wondering what it is I like about Calvin Heimburg, and I think it's just the way his name looks written down.

Writes in high school notebook:

Mrs. Calvin Heimburg
Mrs. Calvin Heimburg
Mrs. Calvin Heimburg
Mrs. Calvin Heimburg
Mrs. Calvin Heimburg …

Last edited:
Kudos to Paul. Last round play was pretty lame on lead card. Literally anyone on two cards could have won with an exceptional round. (Well, maybe exaggerating, but not really). What I mean is it would have been cool if the winner did so by driving all the fairways and sinking all the putts… AND so did the next couple of players. Instead, Paul and Aaron fought each other to give away the championship. In that respect, Aaron won.

Kudos to Paul. Last round play was pretty lame on lead card. Literally anyone on two cards could have won with an exceptional round. (Well, maybe exaggerating, but not really). What I mean is it would have been cool if the winner did so by driving all the fairways and sinking all the putts… AND so did the next couple of players. Instead, Paul and Aaron fought each other to give away the championship. In that respect, Aaron won.

I didn't see it that way. If you're comparing things to last year, yeah, the top 2 guys took 11 birdies combined on the last 7 holes. But trying to give it away? Gossage had a birdied chance from at least C2 for each of last 12 holes. McBeth had a 475' shot with a low ceiling over OB on hole 17. Gossage parked an incredibly difficult approach on hole 18 with all the pressure on. McBeth almost took it there with a difficult putt.

Been wondering what it is I like about Calvin Heimburg, and I think it's just the way his name looks written down.

Writes in high school notebook:

Mrs. Calvin Heimburg
Mrs. Calvin Heimburg
Mrs. Calvin Heimburg
Mrs. Calvin Heimburg
Mrs. Calvin Heimburg …

My gf likes him too, lol. Although she is ready to put him back on the shelf until he starts to win something.

it may take some time, but eventually the cream rises to the top!!! :D

I know, was just busting your chops, lol.

I really wanted to see Calvin do well today, but I'm starting to think that boy just doesn't have it in him.

In a pressure cooker, it's the volatiles that rise. Calvin might have a skosh too much chill at the moment. Book's not closed though.

Nevertheless, worlds delivers the drama again. For all the hand wringing about the courses, they still require execution. Nobody's going to say that this one didn't count.

Paul was one shot off the hot round for the entire field in the last round.

Emporia "let's paint artificial OB around a literal island green" Knows Disc Golf Illinois coming in clutch on Hole 16.

Not Emporia (EMac) or DD's decision. You can bet that after last year's debacle, the PDGA was gonna paint or rope every line -- not leave any to natural boundary. Remember that Worlds is the PDGA's tournament, not the host's. Ditto for some of the changes in pin placements -- PDGA not Emac.

Win or lose, Gossage left his stamp all over this year's World's, right out of the box.

Forgot about that--what a gutsy run! Aaron running it on 16 was gutsy too, IMHO. They both wanted it and were willing to take risks to get it. No one backed into this trophy...

You guys were so critical of Henna who played above her rating and gave it her best to finish second; yet Gossage misses three putts in the 30-38' range, fails to get up & down from 200' wide open twice, and from 300' once -- and nothing but praise (any one of which wins the tourney for him). Please tell me the difference for the young woman vs the 25-, 26-yr-old man??

You guys were so critical of Henna who played above her rating and gave it her best to finish second; yet Gossage misses three putts in the 30-38' range, fails to get up & down from 200' wide open twice, and from 300' once -- and nothing but praise (any one of which wins the tourney for him). Please tell me the difference for the young woman vs the 25-, 26-yr-old man??

The discussion seemed fair in that her youth and relative inexperience were acknowledged as factors, and her elite performance off the tee was praised, but there were clearly strokes left on the table with missing short putts.

You don't see the difference between missing putts from 10-15 feet vs 30-38 feet?

Also, how much was Gossage in the lead vs Henna? Two very different performances while playing above ratings/expectations.

Last edited:

Don't believe I made any critical comments about Henna...thinking of someone else maybe?

Emporia "let's paint artificial OB around a literal island green" Knows Disc Golf Illinois coming in clutch on Hole 16.

The ob lines have driven me crazy all week. Why add artificial lines when you have a natural ob just sitting there. How many times was ob like 2 feet in from a pathway

Latest posts