• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

Now that's putting the "move" in Moving Day.

Calvin throws straight flat lines as far or further than anyone

Calvin definitely rips, and his shots with his champ eagle are archer-like accurate, but I think when Gibson said it, at least, he was talking about those big open 1000' holes with runway sized fairways that the big arms can just let loose on. Barela, Gibson, Dickerson, Tamm, etc. those guys can absolutely smash with those 12-13 speed drivers.

The thing that I've learned though, is it's better to be able to throw accurate golf shots than be able to bomb big flex or hyzer shots with the hopes it'll land in bound. I've played with some older guys who throw perfect shot, after perfect shot, and score even or under every round.

That being said, I still wish I could throw 500' :\

Could it be nicer? Sure. But who really cares?
They're playing for the "x."

They field is gonna be littered with players who'd love to put that b-tier worthy thing on their mantle.

Of course they are playing for the W W, but someone really tripped up with that.

A simple/traditional basket style trophy would have been passé, yet ignorable.

As an engineer known for arguing function over form; I would have balked at that. It is hideous.

Wonder if UDisc can calculate the probability of an MPO playoff?

Gossage is playing within himself. Will he score any worse than -8? So Paul—who is capable, has to throw a-11 or better to have a shot.

That's his mojo, but seems like a lot of pressure for someone missing 20' putts.

Of course they are playing for the W W, but someone really tripped up with that.

A simple/traditional basket style trophy would have been passé, yet ignorable.

As an engineer known for arguing function over form; I would have balked at that. It is hideous.

I admit it doesn't seem adequate for such a prestigious event. I like Chuck's suggestion of a permanent trophy, where champions names players names get etched/engraved, à la the Stanley Cup.

Doesn't Cale have winners of The Preserve sign a bear trophy carved from a log?

Not sure when the tradition stopped, at least for pros, but for a long time, DGA gave Pro Worlds winners full size Mach baskets in MPO, FPO, MP40 and mini baskets for the other division winners.

Gossage is playing within himself. Will he score any worse than -8? So Paul—who is capable, has to throw a-11 or better to have a shot.

That's his mojo, but seems like a lot of pressure for someone missing 20' putts.

There will be a HUGE increase in pressure on Gossage during this last round, unlike anything he has ever dealt with. And then there is McBeth, who seemingly loves to apply pressure whenever he can...it will be interesting for sure...if I had to lay down some money...McBeast.

When scores are tied, lower PDGA # is what determines card and/or tee order.

This is true, but only after the first round of an event. Thereafter, the player with the better score from the most recent round gets the nod. (Of course, if two players shoot the same score, round after round, PDGA # would still apply.)

There will be a HUGE increase in pressure on Gossage during this last round, unlike anything he has ever dealt with. And then there is McBeth, who seemingly loves to apply pressure whenever he can...it will be interesting for sure...if I had to lay down some money...McBeast.

All it takes is one bad hole, but the way Gossage has played this entire tourney I don't know if that's gonna happen with him. He's playing really smart golf right now. We might get ourselves a new Worlds darling. The fight now, in my opinion, is going to be for 2nd place, because Matty O., Calvin, Clemons, Tanner, and AB are all within striking distance.

When other tournaments are giving out big bells, bear carvings, and axes for trophies, it's disappointing to see what emporia managed to provide this year. They couldn't even do a blown glass one as a callback?

My trophy from chess team sophomore year of high school looked nicer than these.

I had a frozen Coke too late in the afternoon, so, here's what would happen if the top tens played at their rating for the last round:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• WorldsFPOPred.png
    WorldsFPOPred.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 186
  • WorldsMPOPred.png
    WorldsMPOPred.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 187
If this was F1 it would be times for a team order to let Paul win……sure Discraft would like a win, but for them it would be a lot better if that winner was Paul.

AG is going to throw 81-10 down with an outside chance of >-10 IMO. PM is capable of beating that, but hasn't to date. He's not going to intimidate his way to #6 IMO. He will need to be McBeast to get this one.

We shall see.

Not sure when the tradition stopped, at least for pros, but for a long time, DGA gave Pro Worlds winners full size Mach baskets in MPO, FPO, MP40 and mini baskets for the other division winners.

I don't know that it has stopped- James got one last year.

Latest posts