• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA # & your age

Where are the old people?

:roll:

Scooter:

I'm 18

Boy, doesn't that say a lot? 18 with a # several years below mine...

The age difference sure does explain why everybody's hitting distances much greater than me :( Youth and flexibility account for a lot :)

ZAMson said:
#32589 (for real, next # after George W Bush, #32588.. not my doing, just luck)

also lucky enough to play the worst golf of my life every time i play a tourny. steezo, you know my style. doink. i'm like, complete idiot-rated.
LOL-Ya but your still good for sport of DG- I really like the tee signs at Pease!!!

MDR_3000 said:
Furthur said:

I'm 27.

I also registered in 2005. Figure that one out :).

were you living overseas at the time?

I was. Australia.

Good job. I don't think most people know that the 8000 block was given to overseas players.

Furthur said:
MDR_3000 said:
Furthur said:

I'm 27.

I was. Australia.

Good job. I don't think most people know that the 8000 block was given to overseas players.

Nice.
:lol:

black udder said:

Scooter:

I'm 18

The age difference sure does explain why everybody's hitting distances much greater than me :( Youth and flexibility account for a lot :)

It helps but technique is the big factor.

scoot_er said:
black udder said:

Scooter:

I'm 18

It helps but technique is the big factor.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are many players my age with great throwing form and distance. However, as Blake had said, if you start later, you don't have the "feel" so it's harder to produce later.

For me, I suffered from arthritis in my hips, so from the moment I started, I was never flexible and had nobody to teach me how to play. For me, on our local course, the longest hole was just over 300', so it's not hard to reach them (the course is mostly accuracy).

Now that I've done some traveling and some new courses have gone in, I'm finding that drives of 250'-300' aren't cutting it anymore. I'd really like to get between 300'-350'. If I could hit 300' anytime, it would help, but I think 260'ish is probably my "whenever I want it" range.

Wish I'd been more outgoing when I started and hit up the local players then, I could be a lot better player (so, youngsters just starting out, don't hesitate to chat up the better players now, while you're learning, it can pay off in the future!).

Fritz said:
Furthur said:
MDR_3000 said:
Furthur said:

I'm 27.

I was. Australia.

Nice.
:lol:

I get a lot of funny looks when I'm registering for pdga events. They look at the number I wrote down, then look at me, then look at the number, then look at me again...

dgdave said:
I got mine when I was 18. I'm only 25 now.
\

Damn, looking at your drive videos I thought you were like 30-something. Turns out I'm 1 year older than you I and look like I'm still a teenager.

I don't have a pdga # since I don't think I'm ready for a real tournament yet. I think this year I might be ready for one though.

Call me sir god damnit, J/K :lol:

Yeah, being that large does have it's advantages. I have to let my beard grow for 2 weeks just to not get carded, but then I look like I'm homeless.

Im 21 but Im not registered with the PDGA because I feel like there arent enough sanctioned events here in MA to make it worth it. Also, I am in school so I dont get to as many tournaments as Id like to...Ah well Ill just keep paying sanctioning fees I guess