• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pepporoni's Bag

pepporoni

I am trying to disc down and get rid of some overlap in my bag and had some questions that would help me out.

1.My first question is mids.The fuse is very reliable for any right turns but that is its only purpose. I can hyzer it and goes straight with lots of glide but i prefer the buzzz for straight. So should I replace my fuse with an X buzzz or Crystal buzzz for less molds because I really like the buzzz.

2.Fairways. I really like tb's but only have 2 dx at the moment and they go as far as my drivers. So my question is i have heard many people like the tb/leo combo or the tb/tl. Which is better?

3.If there is a right turning shot should I use an understable mid or fairway if they would go the same distance.For example fuse v.s. leopard

4.Explain the stability differences of KC Pro and champ tb's(both overstable?not sure) and why you like either plastic better and for what purpose

4.If I get an overstable tb would that eliminate the spot of an overstable driver or a utility disc because i can get them to the same distance.

5.Drivers. I have an S TD,opto flow,TP Sword which all go straight and same distance but just different lines.The opto flow flies like a longer leopard and the S TD is completely straight because i do not have enough power to turn it while the sword has little fade. They all end up within 15 feet of each other. So which has the most uses?

My Bag is my signature,
Thanks for reading

I am trying to disc down and get rid of some overlap in my bag and had some questions that would help me out.

1.My first question is mids.The fuse is very reliable for any right turns but that is its only purpose. I can hyzer it and goes straight with lots of glide but i prefer the buzzz for straight. So should I replace my fuse with an X buzzz or Crystal buzzz for less molds because I really like the buzzz.
I think the Fuse pairs well with the Buzzz...I tried beating an X Buzzz, but most still don't glide that well on an anhyzer. I'd stick with the 1-2 combo.
2.Fairways. I really like tb's but only have 2 dx at the moment and they go as far as my drivers. So my question is i have heard many people like the tb/leo combo or the tb/tl. Which is better?
It depends on many things, but I'd say the Leo/TB is better as the Leo powers down better. The TL is a fairly power hungry fwy.
3.If there is a right turning shot should I use an understable mid or fairway if they would go the same distance.For example fuse v.s. leopard
It depends on the shape of the line, ceiling height, and wind conditions. Usually a mid needs more height to go the same distance as a fwy driver, and understable drivers are still better in a little wind than understable mids.
4.Explain the stability differences of KC Pro and champ tb's(both overstable?not sure) and why you like either plastic better and for what purpose
I don't have a lot of experience with newer TBs, so I can't really comment.
4.If I get an overstable tb would that eliminate the spot of an overstable driver or a utility disc because i can get them to the same distance.
A more aggressively overstable disc is going to do things the TB won't, especially in the wind. Also, many pros, including KC, have told me that they approach with their FB/overstable utility driver when it is either windy or they are feeling iffy about throwing a putter. "throw it flat and let the disc do the work" is what Kenny likes to say.
5.Drivers. I have an S TD,opto flow,TP Sword which all go straight and same distance but just different lines.The opto flow flies like a longer leopard and the S TD is completely straight because i do not have enough power to turn it while the sword has little fade. They all end up within 15 feet of each other. So which has the most uses?
The Flow and Sword are pretty much equally good, so I'd just keep throwing both until one becomes the obvious winner or more comfortable. Both are great because you can beat a GL/TP to be a hyzer flip disc and keep a stable Opto/VIP version. It sounds like you have one of the really HSS TDs and most are not like that.
My Bag is my signature,
Thanks for reading

As always, it helps to know how far you are throwing your discs. I'm assuming by the fact that you can turn a Flow a little and keep the sword straight that you are throwing 360'+? It looks pretty good.

I'll comment only on the things I know.

2- I prefer the teebird/leo combo, I have a champ teebird and a DX, and a DX leo that compliment eachother perfectly. The Lat 64 river is really challenging my leopard for a spot in my bag though.

3- It depends if I need it to skip or slide at the end i'll go with the fairway, if i want it to stop quick I'll use the mid. You probably shouldn't be throwing a mid and a fairway the same distances though.

4- my champ tb has stayed overstable for a while, the DX became noticably less overstable after about a week of use. if you're trying to disc down I'd say it should be fine, if i ever need somethign more overstable I use my firebird or viper.

5- when I disced down for a couple months, my fastest disc was a teebird, the next was the leopard. If you have something speed 10 or over in the bag I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose of discing down. if your drivers aren't going much further than your fairways or are not following the designed flight path (turn and fade) if released flat then I would leave them out.

The farthest I can throw the flow,std,and sword is 310' but i can throw my blizzard wraith 360'(all backhand)
If it helps I have a 171 opto flow light blue, 175 std red, 173 tp sword colorshift , 137 blizzard wraith orange
Thanks for answering my questions as well

I have another question about fairways

I have a 10/10 175 pro leo is unthrown and i do not know how it flies
I have a 8.5/10 champ leo that is pretty short with small turn and it fades into a stable disc around 250'
I have a 8.5/10 165 and 172 dx tb that fly long with slight turn and end up straight around 300'

If I beat in any discs will they replace another fairway?

It's possible that when you get your dx TBs more beat that they could replace your Leopards.

If I beat in the champ leopard would it replace the dx teebirds now and sacrifice the distance or should i get rid of the champ leopard overall?

Latest posts