• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Philo is Innovas new coverguy!

discguy42

Double Eagle Member
Just got the 2017 Innova catalog and was quite surprised to see Philo on the cover!

Philo gettin' it done son!

He is getting the Star Team bump love!

Sorry if the pic is bad, posting from my phone

Attachments

• 1488310475844-1636337978.jpg
    1488310475844-1636337978.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 358
Shameless bump...

I thought the lack of the Golden Boy on the cover for the first time in a few years would spark some interest around here...:confused:.

It is a cool photo.

Especially with the bottom stamp disc.

Innova spreading the love apparently.

Philo got a lot of publicity from the albatross video that went viral. Innova is smart to spread the love around, it keeps them from looking like a one man show. They sponsor a lot of great players. congrats Philo

he got the most attention from outside of the sport. It's a smart move, someone sees that cover that doesn't play but saw that shot on espn could become interested in the sport

he got the most attention from outside of the sport. It's a smart move, someone sees that cover that doesn't play but saw that shot on espn could become interested in the sport

Literally. The day after it was on ESPN, my neighbor, who must have watched me carry my bag of discs to and from the car a hundred times without commenting on it, was asking about the sport and if i would show him how to play.

Philo's been "paying dues" for a long time.
Great to see his effort beginning to pay back.

I started playing last year, and fell into the stack of videos of pro events. The very first video I ever watched had Philo in it. That was the 2nd round coverage for the 2016 St. Patrick's Classic (Philo, Locastro, Lizotte, and Wysocki on the card)

By chance (although, honestly, pretty good chance), the first midrange I picked up was a beat in DX Roc. It's still the disc I have the best finesse with. It's incredibly cool to see a pro use a stack of DX Rocs with the skill he does, AND I think it might ease stigma on noob players hitting the course and not being able to sling a bag full of expensive plastic.

Seeing his work at the Memorial this year (round 2 coverage, and i could have sworn I saw him in round 3 as well, but can't find the video), his putting was super hot. He tied for 7th, against an incredibly good field of players.

And, yeah, the Albatross. In truth, that is the coolest shot I've ever seen. Aces are neat and all, but they're almost always shorter than his 2nd throw, and not blind. Sure, some of that kind of shot is luck, but if it brings attention to the sport, who cares if it's luck?

With a hot start to the season, I'm hoping to see a lot more of him this year. Go Philo! :thmbup:

But Brinster has swirly Destroyers. I hope he picks something better.

It's tough for him though since he only carries 5 molds, most of which are already heavily covered. Although Philo swirly DX Rocs would sell nicely by the stack. Innova is unlikely to give him a Champ Rancho Roc (since they are reserved for USDGC) despite him being one of the few Innova guys who actually throws that disc.

Ever since they announced his promotion to the Star Team, I've been hoping for Philo Rocs. DX seems like the obvious choice, but Champ Ranchos would be amazing. I agree it would be unlikely though.

Philo's Destroyers were up on the Proshop for a small amount of time. They were all 165-169 just like the Albatross disc.