• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Philo on pga.com

How far were each of those 2 throws? (yah...I know divide the hole length in 2, but I'm trying to get a more accurate distance.)

at the beginning of that video i didn't realize it was a drone flying. thought that was one helluva throw hahaha

...and here's the worst article on the topic.

Watch this disc golfer make an incredible 850-foot hole-in-one

Disc golf is pretty similar to golf but instead of a tiny ball, the projectile of choice is a frisbee. And instead of a hole in the ground, you're trying to get it into a metal basket/net thing. Throwing a frisbee in a straight line seems hard enough to me, but apparently you can also get it to go in a straight line for a while and then bend around a dogleg left and then curve around some trees and get it to land right in the basket. That's what disc golfer Philo Brathwaite – with that name, what else can you be but a disc golfer? – did on this 850-foot hole in Oregon.

Howwwwww?

Allot of people think (and want) disc golf is going to be "big time" and make the Olympics someday :p

But then these other articles pop up and shed some perspective on how the sport is still being viewed by the regular person (even sports websites and various media reporters)

Damn ESPN, took a cool video moment and called it frolf! :wall: wtf lol

The way I see it,if you were to pick 100 people randomly off the street, I would be better than almost all of them at "frolfing". And I'm really not all that good.

I would guess that shot did more to grow the sport than anything else in recent memory. Look at the different sources taking notice, those that didn't know jack, or give 2 sh*ts about disc golf two days ago. But....what a shot.

Local pro Dustin Keegan guessed that 2nd shot was 430. I agree.

Fun day today! Getting hit up non stop to use that vid!

Latest posts