• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Philo on pga.com

I just saw Philo's shot at #6 on the SportsCenter top ten. Sweet. Congrats Philo!

Local pro Dustin Keegan guessed that 2nd shot was 430. I agree.

Fun day today! Getting hit up non stop to use that vid!

Woohooo! CCDG hits the big time!

I do have to ask, how did the catch camera guy know Philo's throw was coming in so he could catch it???

Allot of people think (and want) disc golf is going to be "big time" and make the Olympics someday :p

But then these other articles pop up and shed some perspective on how the sport is still being viewed by the regular person (even sports websites and various media reporters)

Damn ESPN, took a cool video moment and called it frolf! :wall: wtf lol

You would think that if you're going to air something that you don't or hardly cover, that you would do your homework. Wait, not even students want to do their homework so why should announcers?!?!?! This Is a microcosm of today, you want it but don't want to work for it. SO GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME, ESPN OR WHATEVER LOCAL TV CREW IS COVERING IT.

PGA.com coverage during US Open week

With the US Open coming up this weekend, sites like PGA.com are likely getting a decent spike in web traffic. I think it is a great boost for disc golf to get exposure on a site like pga.com when their main focus right now is mostly on the major tournament in Pennsylvania.

More views than Feldberg's Maple Hill Ace

I saw that Philo's Ace started really getting viral on Youtube yesterday. I think it is up to ~625K views. Feldberg's ace last year at the Maple Hill Open seemed to go viral a little bit but looks like it reached 420K views as of today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PssDtF_DvME

People think McBeth is the chosen one to take the sport to the next level but I think Philo is lol

Maybe somebody should send ESPN or their local TV stations the facts about disc golf, mainly the difference between what a Frisbee and the typical disc(s).

They don't care. They were laughing and joking around. Still cool they gave it it airtime. And that's because of the great footage angles it had from ccdg. There was a thumber albatross a while back that was talked about here, but either didn't have footage or it wasn't good, and it was forgotten. Philips will be remembered.

Big ups to Philo and ccdg.

Woohooo! CCDG hits the big time!

I do have to ask, how did the catch camera guy know Philo's throw was coming in so he could catch it???

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

My fiend Paul is the ****in man is the answer to that question. We usually have walky talkys so I can talk to him and warn him they're about to throw, but with next days, and no sleep I went full simple Jack and forgot them that day. Paul is so good he knew to just point it where the disc will come from and have the basket in view, and keep it rolling. Still amazed he didn't freak out. Not joking that guy is a hero. I saw him literally sprinting up fairways to get in position this weekend. His name is Paul Fraser, and he lives in Eugene. One of my favorite people ever, and that's before he filmed that.

So funny story, everyone had 0 idea that went in. Alex Olguin who was filming chase card, typed in our group fb chat that someone just smashed one in. Cory who was taking stats notes saw that, and is the one that told Philo as were were walking up the hill.

They don't care. They were laughing and joking around. Still cool they gave it it airtime. And that's because of the great footage angles it had from ccdg. There was a thumber albatross a while back that was talked about here, but either didn't have footage or it wasn't good, and it was forgotten. Philips will be remembered.

Big ups to Philo and ccdg.

Thanks!

Caught up with Philo and Ian to talk about how massive the shot went yesterday. Thanks to those dudes for their time and for giving us the goods!

Brathwaite on albratross love:"I'm literally in shock"

Mutual admiration society, for sure.

Pretty well sums it all up, literally the shot heard around the world.

I've watched the video several times and each time I keep thinking it's coming in too low, but then it slams in just over the basket rim and sticks! Crazy good throw and outstanding video work by ccdg again.

ESPY nominee worthy

This may be a long shot, but any chance this could be worthy of an ESPY Awards Show Best Play nominee? Some of the nominees (16 total) from this past year don't seem any more spectacular than Philo's albatross (I realize I have bigtime discgolfer bias but still).

http://espnmediazone.com/us/2015-espys-nominees/

I think three or four of these ultimately get included on the actual awards show, but this would be a huge chance at widespread mainstream sports media exposure. Maybe I am getting a little carried away here but why not pursue it.

Latest posts