• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight's Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your question the pocket that held discs on the side was a open horizontal pocket, the second run has now taken that out and replaced it with a larger zipper area that now holds more discs and allows them not to get wet like the open pocket did.

Pics are posted of the sample side panel but not of the entire bag.

Here was my rough sketch...

Dude that is one awesome bag, the only thing I would be worried about if that exact drawing were to come to life, is the weight distribution on my back because all of the disks are not laying flat against my back and all that weight is pushing down on the shoulders

The bag pictured will have similar features and not necessarily design elements. The problem you run into with the bag pictured is the frame would take extra money to build, and the overall shape and size are not to scale when it comes to what a small bag would have to be shaped liked. Overall a great design and we are working dilligently to get something worth making out to the public.

Yeah, I'm what they call an "idea man." I don't like to be bogged down with things like functionality or reality or any kind of "ity."

Awesome. I am loving my fade crunch, but for how low it sits it cause some stresses after two tournament rounds. I am excited to see prototype especially since I carry <16 now with putters.

ermagawd the skirmish sounds naice

might buy one for the "wife" since I'm getting a spinal tap in a few days

She doesn't really play but it's a great excuse for a new bag

To answer your question the pocket that held discs on the side was a open horizontal pocket, the second run has now taken that out and replaced it with a larger zipper area that now holds more discs and allows them not to get wet like the open pocket did.

Pics are posted of the sample side panel but not of the entire bag.

Thanks for the clarification Chris...I'm still on the fence about trading in my old bag for a new one. I understand the pre order ended yesterday but I was thinking about getting a custom colored one...would I still be able to get the $125 deal even if I missed the pre order?

An update from Chris on the 2nd run contenders
"Orders for the 2nd run bags have been submitted and will ship sometime in June. I will nail down the exact date when I get back in town. Cheers"

This would be my feedback for the skirmish:

I am very interested in a minimal backpack for <$100. However, I am interested in just that - a minimal backpack. I want it to hold 12-15 discs, have a water bottle holder, and SOME storage. I feel like if people want a lot of storage for tournaments or whatever, they should go ahead and pony up for the large bag. If it holds more discs than they carry, they can use the room for even more storage. Thats my 2cents

Add a few discs to that total and sounds like you are talking about the Gateway Mini Backpack honestly. If I had the spare money last weekend I was seriously debating it w/that sale they had going. $80 for the backpack and I'd snag 4 more putters. That sounded like a big win. Ahh well, deals always come along when I don't have money.

Skirmish sounds interesting tho. It will probably be at least a month or 2 before I drop real money on a bag anyway, so maybe that Voodoo Karma I'm leaning toward will have some competition by then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.