• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight's Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
Welcome everyone to the first physical flight general discussion thread. In this thread you will find discussions on Physical Flight as a company, Customer Service Reviews, Disc golf bag reviews and announcements and so much more. Enjoy your stay and here are a few things you might have missed.

-The Physical Flight contender disc golf backpack is going through a few changes and upgrades. These include
A better mini pocket
Large side zippered storage on both sides
The plastic insert in the main compartment will be moved up
The sternum strap will be moved down
These new run of contenders will be $165 for the pre order which ends Wednesday May 15

NOTE: For those who own a first run contender, Physical Flight is offering a TRADE UP Program. Meaning only if you contact physical flight directly, you can sell your first run contender to anyone you choose and will be able to purchase a 2nd run contender for only $125. This is a limited time offer however.

In addition, Physical Flight has now opened the doors to complete color customization. Though this will cost a little more, these custom bags are made to order and take about a week and a half. These options will be available after the 2nd run contenders make their debut.

Lastly, Physical Flight has been developing a smaller sized backpack for the disc golf community. It has been named the skirmish and the specs are as follows:

"So far this is what we are going with (tentatively):

-16 disc capacity in the main compartment
-Putter pouch up top
-Side storage that can hold discs also if wanting to get into the 18-20 disc range.
-Dual cup holders
-stool/umbrella pockets
-side mini pockets

The new bag will be our medium size pack that doesn't have the disc capacity that the Contender had but had just as much storage.

Price point is below $100 with most likely a lifetime warranty."

The proto type is currently being constructed and should be in Chris' hands in a week or two.

That's it for now everyone.

Last edited:
This would be my feedback for the skirmish:

I am very interested in a minimal backpack for <$100. However, I am interested in just that - a minimal backpack. I want it to hold 12-15 discs, have a water bottle holder, and SOME storage. I feel like if people want a lot of storage for tournaments or whatever, they should go ahead and pony up for the large bag. If it holds more discs than they carry, they can use the room for even more storage. Thats my 2cents

I am very interested in a minimal backpack for <$100. However, I am interested in just that - a minimal backpack. I want it to hold 12-15 discs, have a water bottle holder, and SOME storage. I feel like if people want a lot of storage for tournaments or whatever, they should go ahead and pony up for the large bag. If it holds more discs than they carry, they can use the room for even more storage. Thats my 2cents

look at it this way nos, think of the mahal. I think what chris is trying to go for is more versatility. Every golfer has a budget and the more versatile you make a bag, the better it can be for the golfer and the budget. Now the contender at this point will be able to hold 35 drivers fully loaded. The skirmish from what I can see will max out at around 22 maybe 23. I think what PF is doing is giving the option to have that storage if it is ever needed. The mahal does the same thing, it is massive fully expanded but compressed, it holds no more than a tourney sized bag, and a 60 dollar difference between the contender and the skirmish can make a big difference for the customer. That is my reasoning. Oh the skirmish will also have a divider, just like the new run contender

They said the skirmish is their "medium sized" bag. The description matches what I think a medium sized bag should offer. Just wait until they announce a "small sized" backpack that costs even less :)

They said the skirmish is their "medium sized" bag. The description matches what I think a medium sized bag should offer. Just wait until they announce a "small sized" backpack that costs even less :)

if they pull that off, Physical Flight will have quite a customer range.

Lastly, Physical Flight has been developing a smaller sized backpack for the disc golf community. It has been named the skirmish and the specs are as follows:

So far this is what we are going with (tentatively):

-16 disc capacity in the main compartment
-Putter pouch up top
-Side storage that can hold discs also if wanting to get into the 18-20 disc range.
-Dual cup holders
-stool/umbrella pockets
-side mini pockets

The new bag will be our medium size pack that doesn't have the disc capacity that the Contender had but had just as much storage.

Price point is below $100 with most likely a lifetime warranty."

The proto type is currently being constructed and should be in Chris' hands in a week or two.

If the style is clean and the price is as advertised, I'm in for 1.

My whole issue was with the "as much storage room as the contender" part. It is my opinion that with less discs comes less storage. That is just my opinion though. I want a backpack that will hold my 12-15 discs, a water bottle, keys, wallet, and a towel - maybe a shirt. overall a small bag. But I realize that I probably don't represent the market.

I currently carry a GB spider monkey that is always just a disc or two short of what I would ideally want.

My whole issue was with the "as much storage room as the contender" part. It is my opinion that with less discs comes less storage. That is just my opinion though. I want a backpack that will hold my 12-15 discs, a water bottle, keys, wallet, and a towel - maybe a shirt. overall a small bag. But I realize that I probably don't represent the market.

I currently carry a GB spider monkey that is always just a disc or two short of what I would ideally want.

well my first run contender has exactly what you want storage wise, disc wise obviously too big. From what I see from the specs, looks like it won't have the top storage compartment, which means your storage is on the side. Enough for discs, but can fit a sweatshirt and couple other things too. Can't wait to see the proto to confirm that though.

I had a chimp that was awesome, sorta sounds like what you described. Not a backpack tho. Idk ifthats a req or not

That's pretty f'in sweet that Chris took my name suggestion for the new backpack. This is the one "based" off my Howitzer design. So I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

howitzer design?

From the design a bag contest Chris had awhile back. I designed a bag I originally named the Howitzer that was a smaller/medium sized backpack and it won the competition. Chris was still elbow deep in getting the Contender built so he said it would be summer before he could get into it. I say "based" off because he had said he would take certain design aspects from my bag and integrate it into the actual release, not a straight build of my design. After he started looking at this release seriously he asked me if I had any name suggestions. I half-jokingly said, "The Skirmish: Big Fight, Small Package." But I did like the name, just didn't think he would like it as much as me, lol.

The bag is all Physical Flight, don't get me wrong. My contributions are minimal at best, but it's as close as I'll ever get to a bag made to fit my needs. So I'm very excited.

Last edited:
From the design a bag contest Chris had awhile back. I designed a bag I originally named the Howitzer that was a smaller/medium sized backpack and it won the competition. Chris was still elbow deep in getting the Contender built so he said it would be summer before he could get into it. I say "based" off because he had said he would take certain design aspects from my bag and integrate it into the actual release, not a straight build of my design. After he started looking at this release seriously he asked me if I had any name suggestions. I half-jokingly said, "The Skirmish: Big Fight, Small Package." But I did like the name, just didn't think he would like it as much as me, lol.

wow I didn't even hear about this, did you actually have a drawing of the bag or just some design descriptions. If you have a drawing I would love to see it

TW is right, he have some very good input for the bag which we like to have especially since he won the design contest and our concept is loosely based off of it, as well as what the market warrants.

wow I didn't even hear about this, did you actually have a drawing of the bag or just some design descriptions. If you have a drawing I would love to see it

There was a drawing, but like Chris said, the released bag is only loosely based using some design ideas (I don't even know which ones, I'm just as anxious to see it as everyone else).

Again, I'm not trying to bogart credit or anything, I'm excited to be a contributor in any way. Super stoked.

There was a drawing, but like Chris said, the released bag is only loosely based using some design ideas (I don't even know which ones, I'm just as anxious to see it as everyone else).

Again, I'm not trying to bogart credit or anything, I'm excited to be a contributor in any way. Super stoked.

Oh I know, but as an artist of music I like to appreciate others artwork as well. Plus it's disc golf related, that's all it takes LOL

I am very interested in a smaller backback-style bag. Looking forward to the result, especially at this price point.

Is there a quality Casual bag in the making anytime soon, or is that dead in the water now?

Are there any pics or vids of the 2nd run contender? I'm a purchaser of the first run but I'm giving serious consideration to selling my 1st run and snagging up a new one. One question I have for sure is with the new vertical zip pockets on the sides are the pockets you can put a disc in that are on the first run remaining on the second run? Hope that makes sense. Thanks to anybody who can help

Status
Not open for further replies.