• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pittsburgh Disc Golf

My favorite holes

1)Slippery rock golds
2)Moraine
3)Deer Lakes
4)Moraine
5)Linbrook
6)Moraine
7)Moraine (was my first ace)
8)Deer Lakes
9)Deer Lakes
10)Moraine
11)Knob Hill
12)Moraine
13)Deer Lakes
14)Deer Lakes
15)Moraine
16)Moraine
17)Slippery Rock
18)Moraine

I can't speak for others, but I think hole 15 at Knob Hill is a really fun hole. I'm surprised not to see it on some of these lists.

I can't speak for others, but I think hole 15 at Knob Hill is a really fun hole. I'm surprised not to see it on some of these lists.

If you haven't played number 15 at Moraine then it is a great hole. 15 at Moraine is probably the best hole in my opinion.

I have lived in Pittsburgh a little over a year (Originally from Buffalo NY).
My Top 5 list of courses are:
1. Knob Hill
2. Linbrook
3. Moriane
4. Deer Lakes
5. Schenley

Knob Hill is my go to course, it's not as big as Moraine or Deer Lakes but it still offers very good shot variety. I think Linbrook is a gem and would be the best course in the area if they put in another 9. It was awesome watching the top players play these courses at Worlds this year.

I've watched KB Clark hit over 35 aces at Knob. Once for $665. I've only got 15 aces there in 22 years of playing.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and never even heard of disc golf till being in college in Upper Michigan. Thankfully while visiting I was able to play the front 9 of Deer Lakes and wow that's a great course. Hopefully I can play it again next time I travel back "home". It was still awesome to see all the pros playing all these epic courses so close to where I grew up.

My only problem with that list is Knob Hill #10. Probably my least favorite hole to play out of everything that I have ever been to. It just chews me up every time!

It's a beastly hole. I just 3'd it for the first time recently after a string of 4s.

I think Linbrook is a gem and would be the best course in the area if they put in another 9.

Agreed. If it got the kind of grooming and tee pads Moraine did it'd be no contest. Not sure that'll ever happen, though.

Hmm. My ultimate 18 holes of Pittsburgh disc golf:

#1: Linbrook
#2: Moraine
#3: Deer Lakes
#4: Linbrook
#5: Linbrook
#6: Moraine
#7: Linbrook
#8: Moraine
#9: Deer Lakes
#10: Knob Hill
#11: Deer Lakes
#12: Knob Hill
#13: Knob Hill
#14: Deer Lakes
#15: Moraine
#16: Moraine
#17: Knob Hill
#18: Moraine

WOW! Par 72! I like it.

Mine:

1. Deer Lakes
2. Moraine
3. Deer Lakes (Linbrook close 2nd)
4. Moraine
5. Linbrook
6. Moraine
7. Linbrook
8. Moraine
9. Deer Lakes
10. Knob Hill (do they all have to be uphill?!)
11. Deer Lakes
12. Moraine
13. Deer Lakes (Knob Hill close 2nd)
14. Deer Lakes
15. Moraine (all #15's are fun)
16. Moraine
17. Schenley
18. Moraine

What course would you recommend for a visitor? I just got some tickets for a concert and ball game for a weekend this summer. I might only have time for ONE of these great courses I'm considering...two if I'm lucky. I've played Schenley before so my PA wishlist looks like this...

Deer Lakes
Linbrook
Moraine
Slippery Rock
Tyler State Park

Any feedback here is much appreciated and go Pirates!

Don't sleep on northern West Virginia either, if we expand our radius. Orange Crush!

^ This guy's got the idea! Maybe I'm a little biased, but some of my home state's courses are close to PA...Seth Burton, Orange Crush, and The Black Course are some of the best in West Virginia.

1. Deer lakes
2. Moraine
3. Deer lakes
4. Moraine
5. Linbrook
6. Deer lakes
7. Linbrook
8. Moraine
9. Deer lakes
10. Knob hill
11. Moraine
12. Moraine
13. Knob hill
14. Moraine
15. Moraine
16. Moraine
17. Slippery rock
18. Moraine

Maybe just scrap them and play moraine all the time.

We need a better hole 11
Some slots dont even have a close 2nd option.

I didnt include Pymatuning or north strabane, which i think could offer a few to the list.

Since I made it to Pittsburgh for the first time last year, I thought I would add some pics from my road trip. Hope to get back there soon!

Moraine Hole 15
attachment.php

Deer Lakes Hole 15
attachment.php

The Black Course Hole 18
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9896.jpg
    IMG_9896.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9959.jpg
    IMG_9959.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9853.jpg
    IMG_9853.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 76
What course would you recommend… my PA wishlist looks like this...

Deer Lakes
Linbrook
Moraine
Slippery Rock
Tyler State Park

Any feedback here is much appreciated and go Pirates!

Depends which way you are coming from. As these are all spread out. Moraine & Slippery Rock are 15 min. apart if playing 2 can be done.

Depends which way you are coming from. As these are all spread out. Moraine & Slippery Rock are 15 min. apart if playing 2 can be done.

^ Good info! I'll be up there with the lady. She loves to hike but isn't really into disc golf. I wouldn't subject her to more than a round or two while we're up there! It seems like I can't loose if I try out Moraine or Deer Lakes. I've heard great things about both courses. Slippery Rock might just be an added bonus. I bet it's a tough layout though...